Snowballs return! (Mod now on workshop)

SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
edited August 2013 in Modding
This mod (finally!) brings back the snowballs. These will work in the Ready Room and before the game has started. Once the game has started you will no longer be able to throw snowballs. Once the game ends you can throw them again. This is a server side mod so the server will need to be running it in order for it to work. This of course also means the possibility of other throwable objects. If you have one you think would be cool leave a suggestion. A few ideas, a gorge toy, axes, rocks

To use press Right Click on your mouse

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=167950653

Comments

• SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited August 2013
    Also throwable rocks http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=168088059

A variant of the Snowballs mod. Instead this one cycles through rocks on every throw. This is a server side mod so the server needs to be running it. It will only work in the Ready Room and before the game starts. They are usable again after the game ends.

To use press Right Click on your mouse.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    edited August 2013
    http://nooooooooooooooo.com/
    It was painful resisting the urge at Christmas time and now you want me to endure the same agony?!
    and i can't even use the australian sun to melt them all this time as you have provided me with an alternative, ROCKS.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    AuroN2 wrote: »
    http://nooooooooooooooo.com/
    It was painful resisting the urge at Christmas time and now you want me to endure the same agony?!
    and i can't even use the australian sun to melt them all this time as you have provided me with an alternative, ROCKS.

At least you can't throw them after the game starts, wouldn't want anyone to get distracted or have too much fun. ;)
    I accidentally overwrote the Snowballs on the workshop when copying over the folder to make the rocks mod. It's fixed now and links are correct.
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    edited August 2013
    Some kind of single physics beach ball or light ball would be fun to toss around in the pre-game or readyroom. Snowballs would be a good mod for x-mas time.
    edited August 2013
    Collision fixed with snowballs. Added cheats check so you can always have it on if you have cheats enabled.

psst you can shoot people as spectator and commander
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    psst you can shoot people as spectator and commander

:>
  • 0ni0ni Join Date: 2012-08-30 Member: 156991Members
    Installed on all NG | National Gaming servers.
  • 0ni0ni Join Date: 2012-08-30 Member: 156991Members
    Broken in 251, 252 and 253.
    edited August 2013
    Um, unless it broke since 12 am, no it is not. I uploaded the beta last night to the original one. But...I'll look anyways
    Updated this mod to work again. Kinda forgot about it with the menu poses mod, and the bindings mod.
    It's working just fine. You have to right click.