Where do people who know how to play, play?

HammerTwentyTwoHammerTwentyTwo Join Date: 2005-04-19 Member: 48892Members
Hello folks,

Just wondering if anyone knows what servers and what times players that generally know how to play the game gather in the EU/UK? I did try looking at the ENSL website but no one seems to use it, anyone got any suggestions?

Cheers.

Comments

• NailoNailo Join Date: 2013-05-06 Member: 185138Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Do you mean like for competitive practice matches? Or perhaps just games that have less rookies? Its important to distinguish as to whether or not your looking at a 6v6 competitive match or just a non-rookie match.
  • HammerTwentyTwoHammerTwentyTwo Join Date: 2005-04-19 Member: 48892Members
    Well I do not mind really. Just want to play with players who know the game basically. I have only ever played gathers/public games but the servers (for good reason!) are swamped with rookies at the moment.
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    People do use the ENSL gather website, you just need to click NS2 Gather at the top.

Also, add this guy: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198033663064/

He does 6v6 pick up games for euros.
    Well people must use the ENSL site because I see games are occasionally played but the wait could be far in excess of how much free time you have. That said I know it did work as I have played several gathers in the past.

I have also added the gentleman you requested, we shall see if he helps. Cheers.
  • GORGEousGORGEous Join Date: 2012-02-19 Member: 146762Members, NS2 Map Tester
    For pubbing, stick to the clan servers.

Yoclan and HBZ for the euro during primetime.. sometimes the french servers during off-euro hours.

TGB has seemed to be the best for NA pubs despite having 24p. Voogru and KKG are hit/miss. Voogru has minimal administration so it is a free for all. KKG is less prone to trolls, but welcomes rookies and thus has many very low skill games. If you can get on a server with some KKG regulars then they will be at least decent games.
  • PaajtorPaajtor Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168634Members
    I usually try to join the Yo-clan or Alcatraz server...or DumbassBrits > for the lolz XD
  • godriflegodrifle Join Date: 2006-12-01 Member: 58815Members
    Joining the NS2 pickup games is a great idea. They're like the step right below joining a clan, playing the game seriously, but they take all skill levels.

We choose two team captains, the captains distribute the players in skill levels as best as possible, everyone pretty much has microphones. I'm a pretty bad shot myself, but PUGs are great because people play the game seriously.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/rns2pugs
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    In my experience rns2 pugs are only played by NA players. The servers are located in Dallas so that probably rules them out for EU players.

But they are lots of fun, I definitely recommend for all NA players
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    I'd also like to recommend YOClan server. We have admins around if not on the server, available to handle things via IRC at any given notice.
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    HBZ and YOClan are pretty good.
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I do tend to play a lot on YOClan already but perhaps I am just choosing the wrong times to join. Anyway I shall keep looking for PUGs/Gathers and maybe look in to joining a clan or some such.
  • OkxydOkxyd Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143981Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    HBZ and YOclan have a good level, in french servers you have the AFB 2 but we speak french most of the time :p. Personnally I always avoid 18+ slots server, you could have amazing 60:1 kdr because it´s full of rookie but it´s just dumb and boring, especially at 24.
  • zeepzeep Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3367Members
    Good thread.

As a euro, bit of a rookie, i enjoy games when there's good voice communication and a good commander. I learn best that way and i never join >16 player servers.

So i will add all server suggestions here too. Play on the french and uk servers mostly.
  • MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Paajtor wrote: »
    I usually try to join the Yo-clan or Alcatraz server...or DumbassBrits > for the lolz XD

I go dumbassbrits for lolz too. xD It's so ragey in there, every game is a HUGE mess, nothing goes as it's supposed to, just fun to watch.

HBZ ftw tho, steady quality games, always an admin around (omg para get a life). I'm not sure if it was Yoclan but that server seems hyper aggressive sometimes.
  • OkxydOkxyd Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143981Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Rosbeef vs froggies quarrels are ordinary btw (but always less than frenchies vs frenchies ;) ), that´s why HBZ seems to be a peaceful server.