Donations in the wake of charge back?

dragonmithdragonmith Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182817Members, Reinforced - Diamond
All I am going to say is I would send around $1.05NZ (what I have left in gift cards) if a donation page was there for me. That would not cover shite, but others would be far more willing to give money to this game to secure constant optimization and cool updates.

While it can be a bit insulting to ask for donations if not done right, I think Unknown have the moral high ground, the logical argument plains and even have map control in the "we need them caverns". Please consider putting a donations method in, or even something we can buy to help.

Anyway, anyone else willing to donate if it were possible? Don't worry if you don't however, just playing the game keeps everything alive :)

Comments

• BentRingBentRing Join Date: 2003-03-04 Member: 14318Members
    Sure, I've got about 9 bucks sitting unused in the steam wallet.
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Best method to donate is to just purchase another copy of the game (keep it as a gift copy in Steam).

In your case (not enough for another copy of NS2), I'd suggest just donating to the Humble Bundle. NS2 currently isn't on there, but they were one of the first, so its a great place to support.
  • |strofix||strofix| Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165453Members
    Children's Hospital?
    Don't those scrubs play COD or something?
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    SteveRock wrote: »
    Hey guys, while we absolutely appreciate the concern, we are not really in dire straits as a result of this loss. If you have extra money lying around, I'd urge you to donate it to a real charity, such as a local children's hospital or a homeless shelter :)
    In that case, I'll suggest http://www.givewell.org/ and http://www.givedirectly.org/ as two good, potential places to donate.
  • rmbrown09rmbrown09 Join Date: 2012-10-17 Member: 162592Members
    Hey guys, while we absolutely appreciate the concern, we are not really in dire straits as a result of this loss. If you have extra money lying around, I'd urge you to donate it to a real charity, such as a local children's hospital or a homeless shelter :)

UWE employees confirmed to all drive Ferrari's now.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    uwe isn't a homeless shelter?! all these years..

• Side1Bu2Rnz9Side1Bu2Rnz9 Join Date: 2012-10-16 Member: 162510Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    rmbrown09 wrote: »

Hahaha...no :(

Which is why I suggest another charity that you can donate to:
    http://www.givetocorystradersferrarifund.org

Link didn't work... weird :P
  • XariusXarius Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24630Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited March 2013
    Hope this doesn't affect UWE too much, would suck if it jeopardises future development of NS2 :(. We can always just buy an extra copy or two to support them!
    I still think a donations page would be a good idea, since not everyone may have the spare 20, though. A lot of 5s or 10s can make a big amount of money for UWE just as well.
  • duxdux Tea Lady Join Date: 2003-12-14 Member: 24371Members, NS2 Developer
    Hey guys, if you are still in favour of donating, my alcohol supply is running pretty low...
  • CyberKunCyberKun Join Date: 2013-02-02 Member: 182733Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Will it make you work better?

If not, ehhhhhhhhhhhh, no.
  • IndustryIndustry Esteemed Gentleman Join Date: 2010-07-13 Member: 72344Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    dux wrote: »
    Hey guys, if you are still in favour of donating, my alcohol supply is running pretty low...

I'll need a shipping address so I can send a case of isopropyl.
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    rmbrown09 wrote: »

Hahaha...no :(

Which is why I suggest another charity that you can donate to:
    http://www.givetocorystradersferrarifund.org
    Link not working :S
  • bp2008bp2008 Join Date: 2012-11-28 Member: 173581Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    I'm just waiting for gorge plushies.