Crazy parasite idea

SammeySammey Join Date: 2012-06-14 Member: 153266Members, Reinforced - Shadow
edited March 2013 in Ideas and Suggestions
Mainly because I did not like the parasite effect ( the glowy stuff on your view model ) I started thinking about how parasite could be cooler.

What if a parasited marine actualy has a visual little parasite stuck to him, which other marines can shoot/cut off.
If they do not shoot/cut it off on time, the parasited marine gains the 'egg' functionality, so skulks can actualy spawn from that marine, making the marine pop open like an egg.

( And yes I am a big fan of John Carpenter's "The Thing", and the Alien universe! )

Comments

• kingkrabbe.#bofkingkrabbe.#bof Join Date: 2012-10-21 Member: 162892Members
    Good idea, but sounds a little OP in my opinion since a parasite sniping skulk which can 1shot kill marines is way to strong. The parasite should at least be cured by medpacks/healing at armorys/getting welded by MACs aswell.

But still, I like the old NS1 parasite more: nearly any damage, works on buildings, has constant effect until affected unit/building dies/is destroyed.
  • SammeySammey Join Date: 2012-06-14 Member: 153266Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2013
    I think you are right that it will be too OP.

What about only the first part!
    "What if a parasited marine actualy has a visual little parasite stuck to him, which other marines can shoot/cut off."

Parasisted marines will not notice they have been parasited untill a teammate actually spots it on you!

This will be great fun! :D For example when you and a teammate try to sneak in a phasegate somewhere, and suddenly you see a parasite on your teammate's head, you yell: "OMG DUDE YOU GOT A PARAS...AARGGGGGHHH" and you get killed by 5 skulks who rushed to your location.

Ow, and it should grow in size overtime, because that would just be hilarious:
  • sHawke_NativesHawke_Native Join Date: 2012-12-20 Member: 175650Members
    also the parasite should be the same color as the armor that marines wear so the parasite is not easy to spot and gets cuts off right away, also the parasite does like 1 damage every few seconds