Share your WTF Concede moments

t0fut0fu Join Date: 2012-11-13 Member: 170615Members
Share your "WTF they conceded!?" moments.

Few nights ago, I was on a pub playing on Summit. The map was pushing over 60 mins so far - marines had 2 chairs, aliens had 2 hives. We were constantly fighting, losing and then overtaking crossroads. Lost and regained it a few more times, then out of nowhere - the other team had conceded. A 72-minute match came to an end because the other team conceded. Back in the lobby, there were quite a few people on both teams just confused on why the game had ended.

Comments

• WakeWake Join Date: 2003-03-05 Member: 14351Members, Constellation
    After 72minutes, you can't call it a WTF concede. One team just got tired of a deadend.
    By definition, concede is a team choice, just like a morale breaking unit, so it can't barely be WTF ?

( I do see some WTF base sell out though *$£€!!! )
  • thefonzthefonz Join Date: 2011-06-22 Member: 105847Members
    Concede votes lack any indication that they are happening. It's just bam, game over. It would be nice to see a 'votes to concede counter' somewhere. Also, changing the game over text for concessions would be nice. Maybe bellow the normal text just add the word concede or 'team' concedes.
  • AmbAmb Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168647Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    thefonz wrote: »
    Concede votes lack any indication that they are happening. It's just bam, game over. It would be nice to see a 'votes to concede counter' somewhere.

We had that in NS1, another feature that's missing in NS2. (must be working as intended /sarcasm)
  • Apreche2Apreche2 Join Date: 2012-08-06 Member: 154849Members
    We were alien team. My memory is hazy, but it was either tram or docking. We were in one of those situations where marines have three tech points and aliens have two. We kept pushing hard and taking out their extractors. It still felt like our loss was inevitable, and we were just playing it out. The game lasted long enough for me and some other players to go onos. Somehow we miraculously came back from the brink. With a combination of bile rushes and onos rushes on base power we ended up taking two tech points at once without trading ours away. It all happened pretty quickly. I had just finished smashing a base power node and dying as onos when Aliens Win appeared on the screen. They conceded.

It was the first time it felt truly amazing to win NS2. It was like an onside kick recovery followed by a hail mary to win a football game. Everyone was screaming in the ready room.

It doesn't happen often, but it can happen. You can come back from the brink. This was a game where we almost conceded multiple times, but in the end it was the other team that conceded. Don't give up too easily.
  • ResRes Join Date: 2003-08-27 Member: 20245Members
    Playing as Aliens, we were just about to destroy the Marine's last comm chair, then all of a sudden the screen popped up with "ALIENS LOSE".

All the marines were like "WTFFFF!" in the ready room.

Actually, we had planned it on purpose, but it was funny.
  • ChalarieChalarie Join Date: 2012-05-03 Member: 151459Members
    Can I just say all of them? I think that vote concede has ruined the game. I do agree that there should be a way to end games that go on too long, but too many games end prematurely. I miss actually being able to FINISH matches without the other team giving up.

More on topic- I've had matches where aliens have had two hives and the marines were just sitting in their bases and aliens vote concede because it's too hard.
  • |strofix||strofix| Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165453Members
    Chalarie wrote: »
    Can I just say all of them? I think that vote concede has ruined the game. I do agree that there should be a way to end games that go on too long, but too many games end prematurely. I miss actually being able to FINISH matches without the other team giving up.

>I want the game to be able to end prematurely, but I don't want people to be able to use this feature

• XaoXao Join Date: 2012-12-12 Member: 174840Members
    Last night, 4 people left aliens, 30 seconds later their base rush works, no IPs, it came down to the comm getting out of chair to rebuild power and 1 IP before we got back up, if they weren't down 3ish people they would have won.
  • d0ped0gd0ped0g Join Date: 2003-05-25 Member: 16679Members
    Amb wrote: »
    thefonz wrote: »
    Concede votes lack any indication that they are happening. It's just bam, game over. It would be nice to see a 'votes to concede counter' somewhere.

We had that in NS1, another feature that's missing in NS2. (must be working as intended /sarcasm)

I don't remember NS1 didn't having a concede system? (apart from f4)

I remember vote indications happening for eject commander, but wasn't that a server mod that did this rather than being built into the game? (although I could be wrong about this actually)

• WorthyRivalWorthyRival Black Armor Division Join Date: 2006-11-07 Member: 58470Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    " Never give up, Never Surrender, Activate the Omega 13"