Tutorials feedback (Psyk0man's included)

Rudy.czRudy.cz Join Date: 2012-02-13 Member: 145410Members
edited November 2012 in Mapping
<div class="IPBDescription">www.rudyk.wz.cz/tutorials.html</div>Hi.

I have hacked together a tutorial about curved geometry. It is based on Psyk0mans extrude/revolve metod, so I have included those as well. If there will a demand I could create some more.

I woul like to ask you for some feedback, but note that this is my firts tutorial and first english-written text longer than e-mail, so please be gentle :-)

The tutorials are here <a href="http://rudyk.wz.cz/tutorials.html" target="_blank">http://rudyk.wz.cz/tutorials.html</a>. Feel free to copy or link to them in FAQ's and pinned topics.

Comments

• MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited November 2012
    Very nice work Rudy. It had never even occurred to me to try any of this.

<!--coloro:#FFA500--><span style="color:#FFA500"><!--/coloro-->*stickied*<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

[EDIT] The one irritating thing: I just finished the geometry for my map >:(
  • slimebuckslimebuck Join Date: 2012-11-30 Member: 173748Members
    Im using this to make an extremely rounded map. trying to make every surface curved. Every room, wall hallway. I think I might be adding a new thread son on a bunch of tips and tutorials, as I have made a large list of helpful tips about the spark editor that I have gained from raw experience.

Tips such as how to plan a map from layout, to theme, to lighting theme, and even color themes

there is a bug where sometimes a face will not draw due to 2 or more verts being in the same spot, but being separate there for confusing spark and not letting a face be drawn is easily figured out by corner testing. I find usually the problem is do to a corner of the shape you are making having a problem. Try making the face JUST on the corner of the shape, and see if the face appears, if it does, that is not the corner causing problems. If the rest of the shape fills in and the corner you covered says unfilled, that that is the corner causing problems / needing to be looked at.