Missing required mod

kellakella Join Date: 2012-11-22 Member: 172884Members
I get "Missing required mod" error when I try to join the modded servers that use NS2Stats.

Any ideas how to fix this problem? What is the meaning of error code 2?

- deleted local game content and installed again
- deleted NS2 folder in profile
- I can reach steamcomminity/workshop... not a dns problem (if not you get error 16)
- subscribed NS2Stats in workshop
- verified integrity of game cache
- this problem is not caused by antivirus or firewall
- tried with new profile
- disabled steam cloud

log.txt
Starting download of 'NS2Stats (build 230)'
Error: Couldn't download mod 'NS2Stats (build 230)' (error code: 2)
Error: Attempted to load remote options from a file that does not exist.

Comments

• IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    after youve unsubscribed from everything delete this folder here:
    C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\Natural Selection 2\Workshop
    Its hidden, so either unhide folders or press windows key + R, then type %appdata% and then go into the natural selection 2 folder.

That should clear it up for you
  • PersianImm0rtalPersianImm0rtal Join Date: 2010-12-02 Member: 75414Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester
    I am having this exact same problem... any suggestions?
  • RothgarRothgar Join Date: 2009-11-13 Member: 69372Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2040204:date=Dec 5 2012, 01:59 PM:name=PersianImm0rtal)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PersianImm0rtal @ Dec 5 2012, 01:59 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2040204"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I am having this exact same problem... any suggestions?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It COULD be that the ns2stats has changed mod ID's and the server is running an older one? I have seen some people do this for some reason instead of updating the original Workshop item, they delete and re-publish which creates a new Mod ID.

I don't know what "Error 2" is but maybe the server is trying to get you to download an invalid Mod ID or something?
  • knoxvilleknoxville Join Date: 2012-11-07 Member: 167905Members
    i cant redownload the mods i had before
    error code 2
    come on guys please fix it
    i deleted caches workshop folders verified etc
    nothing happens.
  • kespeckespec Join Date: 2012-11-18 Member: 172279Members
    well simply click mods on main menu and activate anything u see there, press the restart button and you are set.
  • knoxvilleknoxville Join Date: 2012-11-07 Member: 167905Members
    man it is active
    says download is unavailable
    and gives error code 2 in console
  • LendilLendil Join Date: 2013-03-16 Member: 184024Members
    I had the same problem -
    Exit steam completely
    Right-click the steam Icon, Run as administrator
    Launch NS2 and rejoin the server you were having issues with, you'll be able to download the mod now.
    The problem is that steam doesn't have administrator rights to download files into your NS2 mod folder.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
  • yehawmcgrawyehawmcgraw Join Date: 2012-09-16 Member: 159694Members
    I fixed this problem by changing ownership of your whole steam folder from administor to youusername. Then restart steam
  • CRaZyCAT_RusCRaZyCAT_Rus Russia Join Date: 2013-10-31 Member: 188899Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited January 2014
    Try to change your steam interface language to English (my solution)
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    Try to change your interface language to English (my solution)

Hmm the issue was because of steam server timeouts (heavy loads while winter sale), so maybe by changing your languge you also changed your download region.