Constellation is now closed!

F1ll3rF1ll3r Join Date: 2008-12-25 Member: 65865Posts: 5Members, Constellation
This marks the end of an era: Constellation is now closed. Thanks for all your help over the years, everyone!

Wow after such a long time the Constellation program is closed, I would love to know how many ppl donated over the years for NS1.

I also would appreciate if we would get not only a small twitter news, I mean we all donated money for a great game that was free!
And helped Unknown Worlds to become the company there now!

Anyway thanks for the great time with NS :)

F1ll3r

Comments

• ArkantiArkanti pub baddie Join Date: 2011-07-22 Member: 111781Posts: 694Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    What is/was constellation?
    Mr. Arkanti
    noGG Arkanti
    nova | Arkanti
    Pub Baddie

Co_Summit - A remix of Summit's unique areas to mould it into a better Combat mod experience. I also broke all the textures. Mad skills yo.
    WildGrass Games - I make video games.
  • Raven_XIRaven_XI Join Date: 2003-01-08 Member: 12032Posts: 159Members, Constellation
    Back in the days of NS1 you could become a constellation member by donating to the Unknown Worlds Team. It gave you the constellation mark in game and on the forums.

It was just a free mod back then so you didn't need to pay to play.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Posts: 3,344Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    I guess not much chance of any constie recognition in NS2 then, like an icon or badge on the armour or something :(

I always imagined a space marines type shoulder badge for consties in NS2, oh well, we had fun :)
  • hamptonhampton Join Date: 2011-08-31 Member: 119370Posts: 186Members, Constellation
    edited April 2012
    QUOTE (Soul_Rider @ Apr 3 2012, 04:22 AM) »
    I guess not much chance of any constie recognition in NS2 then, like an icon or badge on the armour or something :(

I always imagined a space marines type shoulder badge for consties in NS2, oh well, we had fun :)

Have some faith!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    aka GORGEOUS GORGE
  • tschumanntschumann Join Date: 2010-05-26 Member: 71862Posts: 189Members
    edited April 2012
    QUOTE (F1ll3r @ Apr 3 2012, 05:54 PM) »
    I would love to know how many ppl donated over the years for NS1.

A lot: http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns/forums/index.php?act=members (select Constellation in the combobox that says All Members; there's probably a few missing from the list though due to them being developers/admins/moderators/whatever).

edit: The constellation page doesn't seem to have been updated though.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • TheDestroyerTheDestroyer Tooobah Join Date: 2003-07-12 Member: 18123Posts: 737Members, Constellation
    Constie4Life!
    Blog on WSGF
    Twitter - @thedestroyerftw
    *cough*wsgf's ns2 page*cough*
  • F1ll3rF1ll3r Join Date: 2008-12-25 Member: 65865Posts: 5Members, Constellation
    So around 2280 donators that a lot, didn't thought about that many ppl :)
  • GrendelGrendel All that is fear... Join Date: 2002-07-19 Member: 970Posts: 2,269Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, NS2 Playtester
    I'm pretty sure that the Constellation members are the only reason why Charlie didn't die of starvation between NS and the release of "Zen".
    Playtest Lead (Retired)

Natural Selection
  • InsaneInsane Anomaly Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Posts: 3,834Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Pistachionauts admin
    QUOTE (Grendel @ Apr 24 2012, 07:49 PM) »
    I'm pretty sure that the Constellation members are the only reason why Charlie didn't die of starvation between NS and the release of "Zen".

Whoa, welcome back!
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator, Co-Lead NS2 CDT Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Posts: 1,905Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts admin
    QUOTE (Grendel @ Apr 24 2012, 08:49 PM) »

Haha nice, welcome back too man! :-)

If NS2 fails, follow my Nuke From Orbit Guide.

• culpritculprit Join Date: 2005-01-07 Member: 33527Posts: 310Members, Constellation
    Between a constellation donation and Zen of Sudoku, the only release by UWE that I haven't spent some money on would be Decoda, the LUA debugger. Luckily a copy is included with the tools for NS2. I still feel like I'll never repay them for all the fun I had in NS1.

There's a bright future on the horizon with NS2 releasing soon. Every patch brings more fun and joy to me.
  • GrendelGrendel All that is fear... Join Date: 2002-07-19 Member: 970Posts: 2,269Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, NS2 Playtester
    Heh, nice to see a few old faces. :)

I've just purchased NS2, so you may well see me "lerking" around. ;)

This also means that you can tell Charles he owes me a beer when I'm in the Bay area. ;)

Playtest Lead (Retired)

Natural Selection
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Posts: 3,344Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    They made Mr Grendel buy it!!!

That is criminal!!!

Welcome back :)

I think Charlie owes you a few beers :)