Constant Crashing or BSOD + low FPS

OmnaxOmnax Join Date: 2012-03-31 Member: 149752Members
Hi, I am new here, I have bought the game today. However I am not able to really enjoy it. For two reasons.

First one is I do have quiete low FPS when I can play. I am talking about FPS droping under 20. Which is very low. Mouse lag is very noticable and make it nearly impossible to aim.

But more importantly, I do crash very often and it seems to happen randomly. Sometimes I can play 30 minutes, sometimes i crash just after I start the game in menu. I also had a BSOD several times saying "Driver irql not less or equal". It does not say which driver. My specs are:

core i7 @ 3,4ghz
Nvidia GTX 570
6Gb Ram
Creative Titanium HD soundcard
OCZ Revodrive x2 SSD disk

Now regarding FPS. I do play or tried other games like Battlefield 3, Nuclear Dawn or Red Orchestra 2. I also have other games on my PC and I do not experience single issue with any of them. They all running much better and smother, without any crashing or problems. My system has been always very stable. So there must be something in NS2 causing it. I do understand that this is beta, so I can live with low FPS for now. However getting crashes and mainly BSOD is a bit serious for me.

Now before you recommend me to update my drivers, try menu mod, or different settings etc. I read forums, and I have tried all of that, withou luck. I even tried all different settings in Nvidia panel just to try if one of them do not cause problems. I have got latest drivers for everything in my PC. And I have tried three last driver releases for my graphics card to make sure, that its not an issue with latest drivers and all withou luck.

So if anyone got any idea, or if this is somewhat know issue I would be really happy with any advice or help. my dxdiag:
<a href="http://www.2shared.com/document/JfZt7cRU/DxDiag.html" target="_blank">http://www.2shared.com/document/JfZt7cRU/DxDiag.html</a>

Comments

• FloodinatorFloodinator [HBZ] Member Join Date: 2005-02-22 Member: 42087Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2012
    Easiest thing you can do is to overclock your i7 (2500k?), 4.2ghz are possible with stock cooling.
    Your GPU is enought its CPU power that is important.

For the mouse lag try to disable aero with ns2 startup in ns2.exe settings.

Also bad FPS are generated because of a low server tick.
    Open the console and tipe net_stats in. If the Serverrate is low <20 or worse <10 the server starts lagging and you get FPS drops because of prediction.

And as an info I had someproblems running NS2 with creative drivers. Some how NS2 crashed because of a sound driver problem, since I run the sound via onboard digital there are no more problems (Xfi Titanium).
    But thats is a problem with Creative drivers on Win 7 x64 systems with more than 4gb ram, so maybe try to remove one rambank just to check if its a creative problem.
  • OmnaxOmnax Join Date: 2012-03-31 Member: 149752Members
    Thx for the reply. You have pointed me in a right direction. I have tried to enable my onboard audio and use it as a primary device in windows and crashes are gone. So it was my soundcard. Hopefully we will see some update on this issue in a future as I would prefer to use my expensive card rather then onboard audio :-)