Mine Ladders & The People Who Love Them...

FangsFangs Join Date: 2003-02-13 Member: 13506Members
edited February 2004 in NS General Discussion
<div class="IPBDescription">Tommorow on Jerry Springer</div> Well After a few fun filled hours playing around on The Champtons looking for the evil buggies. I can honestly say with the new mine format marines will be doing some rather sneeky things. We played with a JP mine combo on the upper walls of Viaduct hive on Nothing. This ability to create your own ledges with mines can make life misserable for aliens especialy if they go Defence/Sensory, after playing with this, we moved from map to map sneeking into vents that marines normally cant get into w/o a nice stack of marines. Now they can use a nice stack-o-mines instead.

We were also able to get structures to "green" on these mine ledges but after about a half hour of trying we never sucsessfully built any marine structures on these mines which we feel is due to the random nature of strutcture orentation, however as a Gorge I was able to build a chamber on the wall above the mine. The Chamber remained suspended on the wall even after the mine was detonated, but fell after it was attacked once with a siege cannon.

Here is a link to some demo footage of Anticamp climbing into redroom on ns_nothing with two packs of mines, to give people an idea of the evil that awaits. I'm not sure that this is a bug so to speek but I think the possiblities should be considered.

<a href='http://www.fftclan.com/demos/redroommines.dem' target='_blank'> mine all mine </a>

Comments

• Santa_ClawsSanta_Claws Join Date: 2003-07-01 Member: 17825Members, Constellation
    The worst part about mine ladders is that aliens will have to suicide on them to get rid of them before hive 2 now that parasite no longer kills the mines
  • AhnteisAhnteis teh Bob Join Date: 2002-10-02 Member: 1405Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    Don't forget things like JPs that never have to land on normal ledges since they can make their own.
  • RokiyoRokiyo A.K.A. .::FeX::. Revenge Join Date: 2002-10-10 Member: 1471Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin-Santa Claws+Feb 4 2004, 05:44 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Santa Claws @ Feb 4 2004, 05:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> The worst part about mine ladders is that aliens will have to suicide on them to get rid of them before hive 2 now that parasite no longer kills the mines <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yeah cos nobody's ever heard of gorge spit before :/