Cpu Utilizaton

DashelDashel Join Date: 2003-03-24 Member: 14847Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Combat vs Classic</div> After having the beta2 up for a bit I've noticed that the CPU utilization for Combat is much higher than classic and has a tendency to creep over the course of several maps. Has anyone else experienced this?

XP2800/Win2k3 Server

Comments

• CheesyPetezaCheesyPeteza Join Date: 2002-11-24 Member: 9784Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    Yep me too. It could be to do with the fact there is so much contact between all the players as the maps are so small and everyone just spawns and attacks.
  • barmanbarman Join Date: 2003-05-21 Member: 16558Members
    get the same problem but with NS

I had 2 servers running, NS (24) and NSC (20) and when more players join the NS server with the NSC full (with low cpu) the cpu skyrockets
  • DashelDashel Join Date: 2003-03-24 Member: 14847Members
    I thought it was originally an issue with multiple instances on the same machine as well but my second (which only runs one combat) exhibits similar behavior.

I always thought a lot of the CPU load from the older versions was due to map size and the accumulation of new structures/mines etc as the game progressed. Combat has none of these issues which is why I'm surprised at the disparity between the two.