Help Me Restart My Server Plzz!

bertbert Join Date: 2003-02-11 Member: 13433Members
hey this is cockbert, and i dunno if any of you know me but i used to have a nice ns server called Cockbert's Phallus Palace. Now, since steam jumped into the mix my server got shot to hell..

because of the limited selection of ns servers that i've seen, I've decided to reignite the flame of **** that is the phallus palace.

anyway i tried to dl new files but i dunno what to get!

can anyone help me out? (btw i run redhat linux 7.3 (or at least 7.something i can't really remember).

i need both normal halflife server files and ns server files

any and all help would be appreciated.

viva ns.

bert.

Comments

• VadakillVadakill The Almighty BSO Join Date: 2002-04-02 Member: 373Members, NS1 Playtester
    *Points to server guides stuck at the top of the forum*
  • bertbert Join Date: 2003-02-11 Member: 13433Members
    yes your newest guide helped soooooo much
    you should add a part about the error i got with first running that "hldsupdatetool.bin" file. it gave me the agreement to say yes to but after that it said broken pipe and created a file called steam but it was empty.

anyway i fixed it with some command i found on google groups but i don't remember what it was

anyway again, my newest problem is that upon starting my server i get the good old segmentation fault.

anybody got any clues as what to do?

thanks again

cockbert
  • bertbert Join Date: 2003-02-11 Member: 13433Members
    nevermind i fixed that too
    edit #2 for your tutorial vadakill:

when you install the ns-v201.zip thing your instructions end up installing the new dll into /dlls/dlls/ns-i386.so.

i just had to move it a level down and no more segmentation fault.

anyway someone can lock this thread i'm done.

visit the phallus palace!

thanks for all help,

cockbert.
  • VadakillVadakill The Almighty BSO Join Date: 2002-04-02 Member: 373Members, NS1 Playtester
    Noted and fixed, thanks.