Client Disconnects

rephlexrephlex Join Date: 2003-12-13 Member: 24328Members
edited December 2003 in Linux Server Support
<div class="IPBDescription">Host_Error: UserMsg: Not Present on ....</div> Clients keep on getting error messages that say things like Host_Error: UserMsg: Not Present on Client *.

Don't know where the hell they're coming from. Have tried google but it seems like there arn't very many instances of this problem.

Server = 2.4.18 kernel, debian, running SteamHLDS and 2.0.1 for NS.

Router = Linksys

It only happens to hosts outside the LAN. All ports are forwarded correctly.

Someone know what's wrong?

also, <a href='http://imageshack.us/files/kicked.png' target='_blank'>http://imageshack.us/files/kicked.png</a>

It seems to be a whole bunch of different errors, a new one every time someone gets disconnected.

Comments

• VadakillVadakill The Almighty BSO Join Date: 2002-04-02 Member: 373Members, NS1 Playtester
    Make sure you have the latest firmware installed that is available for your router. I've heard people haveing problems with linksys routers in the past. I do not know if those issues have been resolved with a firmware update.
  • LumpyLumpy Join Date: 2003-08-20 Member: 20026Members
    I used to have a linksys router with 4 port built in switch. I used to get errors similar to what you're experiencing. I took my server over to a friend who had a linksys router and a seperate non-built in switch. Worked great there. I eventually sold my router/switch and setup gateway and NAT services on a freeBSD box and bought a 4 port switch to resolve this issue.
  • verboseverbose Join Date: 2002-11-25 Member: 9968Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin--Vadakill+Dec 13 2003, 05:01 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Vadakill @ Dec 13 2003, 05:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Make sure you have the latest firmware installed that is available for your router. I've heard people haveing problems with linksys routers in the past. I do not know if those issues have been resolved with a firmware update. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I solved some issues on a Linksys BEFSR41 by rolling back to an older firmware version. The "latest and greatest" would frequently drop some static routes from the table, and caused problems with The All-Seeing Eye. I believe I went back to 1.44.2, but I'll have to check later to make sure.
  • verboseverbose Join Date: 2002-11-25 Member: 9968Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin--verbose+Dec 19 2003, 02:47 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (verbose @ Dec 19 2003, 02:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin--Vadakill+Dec 13 2003, 05:01 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Vadakill @ Dec 13 2003, 05:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Make sure you have the latest firmware installed that is available for your router.  I've heard people haveing problems with linksys routers in the past.  I do not know if those issues have been resolved with a firmware update. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I solved some issues on a Linksys BEFSR41 by rolling back to an older firmware version. The "latest and greatest" would frequently drop some static routes from the table, and caused problems with The All-Seeing Eye. I believe I went back to 1.44.2, but I'll have to check later to make sure. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I was wrong, I rolled clear back to 1.43.3; 1.44.2 had the route-dropping problem.