Making West Steam Server

aufweidersienaufweidersien Join Date: 2003-11-06 Member: 22332Members
hey i'm trying to make a west steam server...

in a windows steam installation it askes you if your server is west east europe etc...
but in linux it doesn't..

my ns server only shows up if i select world in steam. i want it do it will show up in a west filter tho.

any ideas? is there a parimiter i can add in the start up command like '-west' or what ever...

thx in advance.

Comments

• Jim_has_SkillzJim_has_Skillz Join Date: 2003-01-19 Member: 12475Members, Constellation
    I believe there is a variable for steam in the config. It should be called something like sv_region. Check your config and mess around with that, I haven't created a linux steam server YET, but I will in a month or so when I have the resources to do so. But, I am pretty sure that is the variable you need to look at. I am not sure what the insides should say.
  • Lightning_BlueLightning_Blue Sunny Domination Join Date: 2002-12-11 Member: 10647Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Silver
    It is sv_region, I'm betting 2 for the US west.

When I get home, I'll experiment with my steam server, and post the findings here!
  • devicenulldevicenull Join Date: 2003-04-30 Member: 15967Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    search the steampowered forums..
    They have a list of them somewhere
    I *think*
    sv_region 0 is east coast
  • CheesyPetezaCheesyPeteza Join Date: 2002-11-24 Member: 9784Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    edited November 2003
    Here is the list of region numbers:
    0: US East coast
    1: US West coast
    2: South America
    3: Europe
    4: Asia
    5: Australia
    6: Middle East
    7: Africa

255: World