Es_invalid_addr

keystonekeystone Join Date: 2003-10-18 Member: 21755Members
Error connecting to Auth server: ES_INVALID_ADDR I get this error when I try and run my cs or ns server. I am running slackware 8.1, amd 2.4 , 512 Ram , and geforce 4 . It used to work, but its been down for awhile. I think it has something to do with bind, but I have no clue how to fix. Thanks for any help Keystone

Comments

• billcatbillcat Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 4903Members, Constellation
    Try using +ip xx.xx.xx.xx and the ip of your external interface, if you box has two. on my gateway box if I try to start without this it grabs the internal nic.

Also you can do sv_lan 1 and -nomaster on the cmd line to start up as a LAN game with no auth at all, but your server won't be announced out. Worth a try just to see if you can get it to load that way, then work it out from there.

Also try adding -debug on the cmd line and then after it bombs out look at debug.log.
  • keystonekeystone Join Date: 2003-10-18 Member: 21755Members
    I tried it as a lan and putting in the Ip it still errors out. I got CS to work. I deleted my hlds and started over. Cs still says Error connecting to Auth server: ES_INVALID_ADDR, but then continues on and works. NS still crashes with the following error.

Auto-restarting the server on crash
    Host_Init
    Added packfile /hallfife/hlds_l/valve/pak0.pak (985 files)
    Protocol version 46
    Exe version 3.1.1.0
    Exe build: 14:46:34 Jun 11 2002 (2056)
    Error connecting to Auth server: ES_INVALID_ADDR
    Auth Server

Thanks for the help Keystone
    Sorry forgot, did the -debug and could not find the debug.log file. Thanks
    Okay did not put my dns server numbers in that fixed it. Thanks Keystone