Urgent!: Hltv Errors - Hltv Tiered Proxy's

farcryfarcry Join Date: 2003-06-22 Member: 17614Members
edited September 2003 in Linux Server Support
<div class="IPBDescription">sYn vs HAM Match HLTV needs help</div> please delete this topic

Comments

• VadakillVadakill The Almighty BSO Join Date: 2002-04-02 Member: 373Members, NS1 Playtester
    edited September 2003
    If I understand the situation correctly you have one HLTV proxy connected to the game server that the math is hosted on and then you have additional slave proxies that are connected to the master proxy?

According to the HLTV documentation you would need to do something like the following:

+---- Private LAN -----+ +------ Public Internet --------+

HL Server -> HLTV Master -> HLTV Dispatcher -> HLTV Proxy 1, 2 , 3, etc

Master Server .cfg:

nomaster 1 // don't register at WON master servers
    proxypassword MyPWD // protect HLTV server
    publicgame 0 // don't show game server IP
    dispatchmode 0 // don't dispatch spectators

Dispatcher server .cfg:

forcemaster 1 // register at WON master servers
    publicgame 0 // don't show game server IP
    dispatchmode 2 // dispatch all clients to other proxies
    hostname MyGame // public HLTV server name

You can read more here
    <a href='http://www.slipgate.de/download/HLTV-Readme.txt' target='_blank'>http://www.slipgate.de/download/HLTV-Readme.txt</a>
  • farcryfarcry Join Date: 2003-06-22 Member: 17614Members
    This is not your standard HL Config error... We have the proxy's fully working, the setup is as follows:

<!--c1--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>CODE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='CODE'><!--ec1-->
    Game Server     <=>    Players
         <=>
    HLTV Master     <=>    Spectators
         <=>
    Tiered Proxy's
        <=>
    Spectators
    <!--c2--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--ec2-->

When directed to a "Tiered Proxy's" server, all spectator names when they say stuff is "unknown"
  • VadakillVadakill The Almighty BSO Join Date: 2002-04-02 Member: 373Members, NS1 Playtester
    No idea, man. I have not run a hltv server before. I was taking a stab in the dark. You could try posting it on the HLDS mailing list, the devs check that often, maybe they could give you some insight.