What has happened to?

TowersTowers Join Date: 2002-01-26 Member: 100Members
Hi just wanted to know if my ideas that i posted on the older forum have actually made it into the game. First idea was a bridge that collasped when a certain amount of people stood on it in certain places. And the other idea was a map which was of a ship that crash landed on a jungle and you could see parts of the jungle through the window.
Did any of this ideas make through into the game? I know they were disscused a bit on the forums

Comments

• TowersTowers Join Date: 2002-01-26 Member: 100Members
    Also i have an idea for a mode of play... it's just a suggestion so don't flame me please... I'm only lil and i am afraid of the dark.
    Anyway here is my idea.
    You have two spawn points for the marines, in each spawn place you will have two people picked out specially who will be scientists (But not pansy scientists) they can still have a small gun but won't have the fire powers as the marines.
    Anyway the two groups of marines with the scientists have to meet somewhere on that map to open up a certain locked door, but both scientist need to be alive to open it through some eye scanner thing (Like Half Life). Now because they have to meet up the commander has to help both teams out and make sure he gets them together quick as 1 big group is better than two small groups to fight the aliens. Once the door is open.... I don't know what happens, maybe their is a main hive or something that they kill, or a button to set the self destruct device. Anyway thats my idea, It's sort of like VIP for CS but having to VIP's should make the commander moder more chaotic and harder for them.
  • JaciusJacius Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 43Members
    The ideas for the bridge and the jungle map can be done by anyone -- you can do it in any mod already (although a shapceship might not make sense) if you make a map for it. I don't know of anyone making a map with a pridge like that, or a scrashed spaceship in the jungle (although there was a map in-progress set inside an upside-down crashed spaceship), but its certainly possible to do.

The scientist idea sounds interesting, but I don't know what the NS team members think about it.

-Jacius
  • MonsieurEvilMonsieurEvil Join Date: 2002-01-22 Member: 4Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    I sooooo love good gameplay ideas like those. I am <i>huge</i> on that; all great ideas for kicking around in version 2, where a lot of the more radical scenarios can come into play since people will have gotten used to how the game works at that point.
  • Shuvit_ViperShuvit_Viper Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 62Members
    yep, this idea is good, but the marines must have some advantages. in cs you can see that with one VIP its really hard to get somewhere, can't think of having TWO of them... and they will miss the firepower. Maybe giving them a great weapon instead of smaller firepower. Like they both have an experimental laser gun or something (we don't have laser: this gun could be experimental). Thus now the marines might want to use the scientist in combat, since he is really strong, but if he gets killed, the game is over. A scientist might make it alone if its mates are halfway killed, and there are not so much aliens.
    Why should scientists be like the hl ones (scared and tiny and non-muscular) i see a scientist here as the one from jurrasic park. They might have combat experience from when they where young, but they invented something and stopped fighting, but got promoted. They may even be walking tanks fcs.
  • TowersTowers Join Date: 2002-01-26 Member: 100Members
    yeah i know what you mean, thats why i said give the scientist smaller guns as everyone hates being vip in cs. What about giving the scientists some a bit different as well, like the scientists could have googles which act like aliens eyes and he can see aliens around the map. This should help out the marine sides more, also give the scientist fire power as well and that would make being a scientist more fun as they have an extra gizmo to help them out.