My Siege System Solution.

dignomedignome Join Date: 2003-08-04 Member: 18853Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
edited August 2003 in Mapping Forum
<div class="IPBDescription">Feel free to use or modify this.</div> My entity sequence does not work exactly as planned yet. Please check back later.

Comments

• ZaziZazi Join Date: 2002-05-26 Member: 672Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    What exactly does this do again?
  • dignomedignome Join Date: 2003-08-04 Member: 18853Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2003
    The included file will demonstrate what this is btw, unless you can't download it?

The .zip has 3 files:
    1. map file for both quark and hammer.
    2. rmf file for hammer
    3. A bsp so that you can test out the sequence as it is.

I made this because natural selection does not have a round start trigger, this is a simple hack to get around that. (You shouldn't run this sequence continuously though).

Also, multi_managers tend to run off into new rounds, so I attempted to make a counter sequence that can reset on a new round.

This would be used on maps where something needs to be triggered after an amount of time has gone by and not mess up on the next round.
    (Siege style doors, etc.)

I also posted this because onesneakymouse was asking how it would be done. This is one way to do it.

DOH, just tried this with my laptop connecting, it doesn't work right yet. I'm going to play ns, will work on tomorrow.
  • dignomedignome Join Date: 2003-08-04 Member: 18853Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    I think I went into too much complication actually. If there was a sure fire way of detecting round start/end it would be a cakewalk.

Do what the siege maps usually do, use trigger_random to time stuff and maybe a trigger_relay for targeting.
  • NazulNazul Join Date: 2002-11-17 Member: 9052Members
    I really dont have a clue what you're talking about :S but it sounds so UN-cool cuz "siege " (shivers ) is tha lam0r
  • CoolCookieCooksCoolCookieCooks Pretty Girl Join Date: 2003-05-18 Member: 16446Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation
    i think its the triggers for the siege door. like when they restart at round end etc.