Ping & Server Info Problem

TheNinthPlayerTheNinthPlayer Join Date: 2002-05-20 Member: 637Members, Constellation
I have two problems.

1. My servers ping is usaully at 60ms. When I do a serach in WON.NET my servser initial ping is at 140ms. but if i refresh it its goes to 60ms. And if I sit there refreshing it, it stays at 60ms. It like the initial ping is taking to long. anyone know whats going on?

2. When I l click Server Info in WON.NET it counts to 10sec and then gives up. My server has 60ms. and other ppl connect fine to it. so why cant they get server info?

My server it at : 66.98.150.82:27015

Its the latest version of HLDS : 3.1.1.1d, and NS 2.0 (no patch)
And is running MetaMod, AdminMod, and Unstuck

Comments

• verboseverbose Join Date: 2002-11-25 Member: 9968Members, Constellation
    I'm not familiar with won.net, but I suspect the inaccuracies are the result of their tools, not your setup.

Your server comes in at 42ms right away for me, using the All-Seeing Eye.
  • TheNinthPlayerTheNinthPlayer Join Date: 2002-05-20 Member: 637Members, Constellation
    edited August 2003
    Just for clarification WON.NET = Going into HL and click Internet Play > Update.
  • verboseverbose Join Date: 2002-11-25 Member: 9968Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin--TheNinthPlayer+Aug 10 2003, 08:03 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (TheNinthPlayer @ Aug 10 2003, 08:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Just for clarification WON.NET = Going into HL and click Internet Play > Update. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Ahh, the pings in there are often very innaccurate. It tries to refresh too many servers at once, and your internet connection gets congested. It may be controllable by the "Internet connection speed"; try setting it to a lower value when refreshing servers?
  • TheNinthPlayerTheNinthPlayer Join Date: 2002-05-20 Member: 637Members, Constellation
    I found a fix to problem two. I think. I downgraded from HLDS 3.1.1.1d to HLDS 3.1.1.0c+PATCH and now I can get server info unlike before.

However the ping problem remains.
  • dev_nulldev_null Join Date: 2003-08-14 Member: 19695Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->When I l click Server Info in WON.NET it counts to 10sec and then gives up.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes, I've seen this before. Though the odd part is, if you hit "Cancel", at least for me, it will show up with all the right server info. Go figure.