Memory Leak.

Teufel_EldritchTeufel_Eldritch Join Date: 2002-01-28 Member: 124Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Help me plz.</div> I think I have a memory leak. Anybody here know how to fix it? I am running Win 98.

Comments

• DOOManiacDOOManiac Worst. Critic. Ever. Join Date: 2002-04-17 Member: 462Members, NS1 Playtester
    A memory leak has nothing to do with your hardware, its a bug in the software you are using. Thus, you can't do a thing about it: Only the programmers of the program can fix a memory leak.

Memory leaks are easily plugged: reboot and don't run the program again. If you got to run it, just reboot after you're done.

Windows 98 itself has memory leaks too, and also crappy memory management (you anti-NT people please don't even try to debate this one, as these are both FACTS, not opinions. :P). If you haven't reinstalled in say 6 months or so, that could be a cause for system slowdown...
  • Teufel_EldritchTeufel_Eldritch Join Date: 2002-01-28 Member: 124Members
    Reboot and dont run HL again? Nahhh that aint gonna work. Reinstall Win98? I just did in December! Thanx for the help tho.
  • DY357LXDY357LX Playing since day 1. Still can&#39;t Comm. England Join Date: 2002-10-27 Member: 1651Members, Constellation
    Who or what is reporting this memory leak?
  • MaTTMaTT Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3033Members
    By any chance do you have 512mb of ram or more? Win98 cannot handle more than this amount.