Subnautica on Nintendo Switch - massive savegame problems

2»

Comments

• JackyboiJackyboi Join Date: 2021-06-15 Member: 271347Members
    Joshua_S wrote: »
    I have about eleven hours into the game and I was making some edits to my base and had to deconstruct my moon pool, it got to around 60 percent and stopped. I tried to construct the moon pool and it restored it to 80 percent then I decided to save and quit to see if that would fix it but now every time I load that save It gets through the load screen then I am in the game for two or three seconds and it boots me out of the application. I hope this brings to attention any issues :)

This is exactly what is happening to me

• PvtJokerNCPvtJokerNC US Join Date: 2021-06-16 Member: 271361Members
    I fell victim to the same bug last night. No telling how many hours I was in on this play-through, but my saved game will no longer load. I see the picture where I last saved and I was in the Prawn suit in the lava zone. Just as load percentage hits 40% and it's calculating the 1700m crush depth percentage, I get the black "...error has occurred" screen. Very sad. This bug along with the very poor performance with Below Zero (crashes every 30-40 mins) makes these two games unplayable. I can only hope if it is patched, I can continue this play-through and not have to start over.
  • AnkaIsTiredAnkaIsTired Mermaid-anka@gmx.de Join Date: 2021-06-17 Member: 271381Members
    I saved while constructing a Moonpool and now my Save with 24h is Corrupted :(
  • AnkaIsTiredAnkaIsTired Mermaid-anka@gmx.de Join Date: 2021-06-17 Member: 271381Members
    edited June 2021
    I hope it gets fixed soon
  • 2cmnw2cmnw Join Date: 2021-06-18 Member: 271399Members
    Just started playing subnautica on the switch about a month ago, there were no real problems but now when i try to get on my cyclops i can’t even get in it and it’s textures aren’t loading. I could literally clip through the cyclops by using the habitat builder.
    Oh the door animations disappeared too so i just teleport in or out of my base
    Scratch that i can now just clip through my sea moth too
  • knifeyspoonyknifeyspoony Join Date: 2021-06-20 Member: 271420Members
    Yeah this is really disappointing. 20h save corrupted. Prawn suit. Any word on when this will get patched?
  • DawnheartDawnheart Join Date: 2021-06-21 Member: 271438Members
    hmn wrote: »
    My save game is also broken after ~25 hours of playing :(

There was a building I tried to deconstruct, but that got stuck at 80% and I could not deconstruct it further (or re-construct it). I then saved and re-loaded the game, and now the game crashes every time as soon as I approach that building.

Really looking forward to that patch...

I got the Nintendo Switch version 3 weeks ago today, and it started not working day 3 of me playing.
    :/
  • DawnheartDawnheart Join Date: 2021-06-21 Member: 271438Members
  • knifeyspoonyknifeyspoony Join Date: 2021-06-20 Member: 271420Members
    It makes sense from a commercial standpoint why they wanted to release on all platforms at the same time. But porting the game to all of these systems is clearly no joke. Developers need to start tripling their QA timelines and budgets. This is so much more damaging than a missed launch date. I love this game but how could I possibly recommend it to anyone? All I can tell people is to wait six months and see if they actually fix these issues.