Cannot Build or Enter Various Ships

jacoblhughesjacoblhughes Corona, CA Join Date: 2021-05-25 Member: 270647Members
Hello, my save got a little glitchy after I built the prawn suit. It started when I went to the Jelly Shrooms in my suit and got out. I was then unable to get back in!...as in the option for "enter" was not there. I was also unable to access the storage or batteries, like the suit was a prop.
I did it again to the same result.
I then turned off the game and my switch completely and booted up once more. It seemed okay for a minute but after some playing I got out of the suit and was unable to get back in - this time in the safe reef! Then suddenly I was unable to build despite having resources and the same bug affected my Seamoth. Three whammies!
Is there anything I can do?

Comments

• horselunghorselung Join Date: 2021-05-23 Member: 270534Members
    I think I ran into the same bug.
    I'm at around 24h playtime, and can't interact with any of my vehicles anymore. I had used the seamoth without any major problems so far. Then I built the cyclops, also no problems at first. I started an expedition to the blood kelp zone in the northwest of the map via cyclops, seamoth packed in the vehicle bay. Once at my destination, I exited the cyclops with the seamoth. After exiting the seamoth, I could not reenter it or interact with it in anyway (e.g. access the storage), it doesn't even show the button prompt. Same goes for the nearby cyclops, where the hatch automaticly opens same as ever, but I cannot enter anymore.
    Trying to bypass this bug, I built a prawn suit, thinking I could maybe enter the cyclops through the vehicle bay. After building it at my base, I could use the prawn without problems, exit and reenter multiple times. As soon as I reached the site where I left the cyclops and seamoth and exited the prawn, I couldn't use it anymore, same as the other vehicles.
    It was like this before the new patch and the patch unfortunately didn't fix it. Sadly makes the game kind of unplayable...
  • GettingfrustratedGettingfrustrated Join Date: 2021-05-27 Member: 270726Members
    Experiencing the same bug on my Switch. Can't enter either my Prawn Suit or my Cyclops.
    I also have a Seamoth but I couldn't tell you if that's working as it's currently docked inside the Cyclops. Which I cant get into.

Have tried full restart/power cycle on the Switch. No luck

The most annoying thing is I've already spent a week locked out of Subnautica up until just 24hours ago because of the Cyclops Save Game crash.

Come on, Devs. Stop screwing around and give us a working product!
  • jacoblhughesjacoblhughes Corona, CA Join Date: 2021-05-25 Member: 270647Members
    Sorry to hear it horselung and gettingfrustrated! I hope there is some sort of patch soon, I really do not have a desire to replay the ~20 hours I got for it to happen again.
  • alkhazaralkhazar Join Date: 2021-05-28 Member: 270797Members
    edited May 2021
    Same issue on my switch... I cannot enter vehicles anymore after ~20 h of gameplay. Restarting the game and/or reloading the save did not help.
  • jacoblhughesjacoblhughes Corona, CA Join Date: 2021-05-25 Member: 270647Members
    I do not know if it is worth it or not to start new. At this point I am not playing.
    I do not know if it is worth it or not to start new. At this point I am not playing.

Also because it can happen again... Better wait for a patch.
    I am pretty much deluded by the state of a game that is out since about 5 years. It should not have game breaking bugs anymore. The game itself is cool and I was almost going to get below zero after this, but if this is the average quality I probably won't.
  • jws871jws871 UK Join Date: 2021-05-29 Member: 270821Members
    Recently got Subnautica on the switch and have played about 12 hours. I'm loving it, however I have this bug too.

All of a sudden I cannot interact with anyhting outside of my base. Cannot pick up fish, cannot pick up gravtrap, can't enter the seamoth, cannot enter the lifepod which is nearby. However, strangely I can still enter the base and fabricate things and use the lockers, bed etc. However I cannot place any new base parts.

I have tried swimming as far away from the base as I could, dieing, restarting the game but nothing has helped.... I imagine on PC there would be some console command I could enter but dont suppose this is an option on the switch....

Is there a fix? I really dont want to have to restart after getting 12 hours in, especially if it could happen again.

• KluniKluni Join Date: 2021-05-30 Member: 270860Members
    Another guy with this kind of problem here.

Having built the hull/shield upgrade for the Seamoth, I wanted to put it in. Couldn't access the appropriate compartment with the Seamoth docked in the Moonpool, so I entered the Seamoth to try it outside. Couldn't be put in there as well and the Seamoth itself was no longer accessible. No entering it or doing anything besides pushing it around. Most base parts can no longer be deconstructed. Sand shark and stalker must be deconstructed before I can deconstruct something like a hull reinforcement piece (so it says on the screen). I can deconstruct the Fabricator inside the base but it can't be rebuilt afterwards (shape stays red). Quite regularly I'm able to swim inside the base when entering through the Moonpool basin. For a short period of time I wasn't able to pick anything up - but that ability returned.

I'm just somewhere around the ten hour mark of playtime. But perfomance-wise the experience began to suffer from increasing stuttering and more and more frequent short freezes lately.
    Sorry Kluni. Seems like this is a widespread issue. It looks like people on Twitter are having similar issues.
    Jws, no fix as far as I can tell. I HAVENT tried again though. I'm considering restarting the game as my save was started before he hotfix. Like I have said I just don't want to same problem to come up!
    If you mean the hotfix of the 26th of May, I tried and it does not work. I even tried to see if there is some option in the developer tools (L + R + "+") but they are quite limited on switch.
    If you want to restart maybe you can use such tools to quickly catch up to the point reached before the bug. I will personally wait a bit, maybe next patch will fix this.
    An update (for the sake of maybe locating what's causing the problem): The Seamoth can be pushed back into the Moonpool basin, where it will dock. There it can be entered again and right after docking the module compartment can be accessed as well. After a few seconds this ability disappears from screen. Take the Seamoth out of the Moonpool basin by entering, exit it right away and you're able to re-enter it just fine. This seems to disappear - again - after a few seconds. I still can't build new stuff or edit most of the base due to a sand shark and stalker in need of being deconstruted first. At least that's what it says on the screen.
    I can push the seamoth about too but I don't have a moonpool as I hadn't built one yet and now I cannot place one due to the bug. I can no longer interact with my deployable vehicle builder either so no way to try and build another seamoth.

This is really frustrating given the £50 it cost for these 2 games.

I don't want to restart subnautica or start below zero if there's a chance this can happen again
    First something that should be happening here right now (even if I'm not the person to do it):

I'm sorry to hear about your issues with our game. We want you to know, that we're committed to bring you the experience you paid for. A game that can be played from beginning to end without annoyances like major bugs, glitches, savegame problems or the game crashing on a regular basis. We're now aware of what has been described here and already looking into possible ways to resolve the issues. We'll soon be able to give you an estimate on how long the wait for a patch adressing this might be. Please rest assured, though, we're working hard to get you back to playing and enjoying our game as soon as possible.

Another update: A newly built Seamoth ultimately suffers from the same fate as the first one becoming non-accessible.
    I don't know why this and similar Twitter complaints have gone unanswered...well maybe I can understand ignoring Twitter, but not here.
    If I'm, kind of, out of range of my base (I chose about 200m) with that Seamoth, I seem to be able to enter it like 99% of the time. When the distance isn't already big enough pushing the Seamoth further in the opposite direction does the trick. I can't pick up stuff around my base but in some distance from it. I think not being able to enter the Seamoth happened to me first in a different area of the map shortly before it did at my base.

So, who's scared of Leviathans? A new height of suspense is reached by: Never knowing when your Seamoth or Cyclops shuts the door on you.
    Ha! I appreciate the creative perspective!
    Kluni wrote: »
    If I'm, kind of, out of range of my base (I chose about 200m) with that Seamoth, I seem to be able to enter it like 99% of the time. When the distance isn't already big enough pushing the Seamoth further in the opposite direction does the trick. I can't pick up stuff around my base but in some distance from it. I think not being able to enter the Seamoth happened to me first in a different area of the map shortly before it did at my base.

So, who's scared of Leviathans? A new height of suspense is reached by: Never knowing when your Seamoth or Cyclops shuts the door on you.

It sounds like we have almost the exact same issue. I used the console command to spawn a new seamoth and I could enter it with some pushing it around but as soon as I leave it I cannot enter it again. I did do this really close to my original base though. Maybe it would work if I was forget away. However, this doesn't resolve the issues with being unable to place anything new on my base.

Additionally, your earlier message about what the team should be responding with is exactly what should be happening!
    Any news here? I'm not going to play until this is fixed, since it may happen again anytime.

I am also considering of giving bad rating everywhere, this is not the way to handle support and especially the state in which a game should be released.
    Cyberpunk 2077 has a sister and its name is subnautica :(((
  • best_base_builderbest_base_builder Join Date: 2021-06-10 Member: 271214Members
    I'm having the same issue. I saved my game after doing some base building, and now when I load, I can't properly interact with vehicles.
    I agree and I won't be buying BZ at this point, alkhazar.