UNABLE TO DELETE PREVIOUS GAMES AND STAR A NEW ONE (STEAM) SUBNAUTICA BELOW ZERO

GubrikGubrik Spain Join Date: 2021-05-17 Member: 270217Members
edited May 2021 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
I bought SBZ and played the game during the beta on steam. Now that the game is out, it is impossible for me to start a new game or delete any of my previous games.
Every time I load the game, my previous games reappear. The menus are highlighted in yellow, but when you click, nothing happens. It is as if they are disconnected from the game.
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, but that solution doesn't work. Also to start the game as an administrator, and neither.
Now I can't even play the previous games, I had during the beta... but they still appear!
I am at a standstill. (sorry if my english is not very good.)
I need help! Thank you.

Comments

• narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    edited May 2021
    Try finding the save files in your Steam folder, and delete them there.
  • GubrikGubrik Spain Join Date: 2021-05-17 Member: 270217Members
    I deleted the files you indicated but I still can't create a new game. The menus light up yellow but remain unresponsive.
    nmm46c2hlo3w.jpg
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    edited June 2021
    Try switching languages, maybe the issue is with the translation.

If that doesn't help, maybe another reinstall.
    Restart your pc before uninstall. Otherwise, some files may not be deleted.

After uninstall, check to make sure all files are deleted.

Run Steam as Admin when you reinstall the game.
    Thank you.

I deleted the download cache memory from Steam and then I reinstalled the game and finally started as Admin as you said and It works.

I saved the game and came out, and I re-entered the game without executing administrator permissions and now I can play normally.

Everything seems normal now.

Thank you!
    Sorry "download cache memory" doesn't exit.. it is the menu Steam>Parameters>Download>Delete cache