Below Zero: Teleporter in the teleportation room at the end of the game not loading in.

guyish1guyish1 Join Date: 2021-01-16 Member: 266912Members
When I go to the teleportation room at the end of the game the teleporter has not appeared for some reason.
b2er22ghn4ui.jpg

Comments

• guyish1guyish1 Join Date: 2021-01-16 Member: 266912Members
    forgot to mention my build number is 44290
  • EtilawinEtilawin Join Date: 2021-05-14 Member: 270030Members
    +1 I have the same problem. Same build number as well.
  • Breadmaster096Breadmaster096 Join Date: 2021-05-14 Member: 270040Members
    +1 I have the same problem, same build number too.j032nu12qj0r.png
  • TwilightWolfiTwilightWolfi Join Date: 2021-05-14 Member: 270059Members
    Same problem, same build. I take it this is because it is a save file from Early Access, and the map has not properly updated. Al-An tells me to follow him through the (non-existent) teleporter when I've finished all my business, and he vanishes. That's all I can do.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    If you're on pc, there's 2 things I recommend trying when anything goes missing:
    1. Verify game files.
    2. Make a copy of the save, then clear cellscache, see my sig for more.
  • theunseen010theunseen010 US Join Date: 2021-05-14 Member: 270069Members
    Same problem, same build as well. I had completed the available content prior to the patch, but Al-An just tells me to meet him on the other side and he vanishes.
    I had to watch a spoiler video to find out there is supposed to be a teleporter there.

I also tried narfblat's suggestion via verifying files and backing up the save file folder
    Then in various increments, eventually deleting everything except the 4 "required" files to no avail.
    The best I get is a puff of green smoke that quickly vanishes in the spot where the teleporter is supposed to be as soon as I load in right in front of it.
    fcctunsgs28m.png
  • QuesopanelaQuesopanela Mexico Join Date: 2021-05-15 Member: 270080Members
  • robig2robig2 Join Date: 2021-05-15 Member: 270115Members
    had the same problem. thought I was clever to try to use cheat codes to teleport to the next location after the missing gate, but the whole area is just an empty mountain top.
    @narfblat Thank you for the tip! I simply renamed the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SubnauticaZero\SNAppData\SavedGames\slot0000\CellsCache and added an _ (new name _CellsCache) and just loaded the game. Portal restored and I was able to finish the game!
    Thanks!
    to be precise: the game was still running (main menu) when i did the rename. not sure if this is important. probably not.
  • RattiestExpert3RattiestExpert3 Join Date: 2021-05-15 Member: 270120Members
    edited May 2021
    So, i don't know what much difference it makes, but I'm running on a Mac and can't seem to find the CellsCache file. Same build and problem. Could someone help me?

Correction: For Mac you have to dig into the application itself through View Contents to find it. It may have just been me but hope it helps if not.
  • SrufSruf Join Date: 2021-05-17 Member: 270216Members
    guyish1 wrote: »
    When I go to the teleportation room at the end of the game the teleporter has not appeared for some reason.
    b2er22ghn4ui.jpg

To fix this, you can right click the shortcut on desktop, go to "open file location", go to SNAppData\SavedGames\slot0000\ and you will see a "CellsCache" file. You can simply rename it by adding a space between "Cells Cache" and the game should regenerate the file spawning in the portal. Quite simple, really!
  • theunseen010theunseen010 US Join Date: 2021-05-14 Member: 270069Members
    To follow up, I was able to get the portal to load, only by renaming/deleting the cellscache folder WHILE THE GAME IS RUNNING, i.e. main menu as robig2 did.
    I tried it multiple times without the game running and it did not work. My guess is starting up the game copies a backup of that folder from somewhere because it would regenerate before I loaded the save and still have no portal.
  • EvetsEvets Belgium Join Date: 2019-02-01 Member: 250002Members
    Thanks a lot for the tip, I've also renamed the folder when I was in the game menu.
    It was quite frustrating to end the game without portal T_T