Save Migration between Current/Next Gen Versions (Subnautica)

ChimangoChimango Chimango Join Date: 2021-05-03 Member: 269689Members
Hello

I am currently playing Subnautica (PS4) on my PS5. Once the next-gen version comes in, will I be able to use my Subnautica (PS4) save in Subnautica (PS5)?

Thanks

Comments

• My993C2My993C2 Western Canada Join Date: 2021-05-11 Member: 269917Members
    Its a good question. But no replies yet. I guess we will find out in a few days.
  • ruheladev40ruheladev40 Join Date: 2021-05-12 Member: 269923Members
    I am currently playing Subnautica (PS4) on my PS5.
    I am currently playing Subnautica (PS4) on my PS5.

I maybe mistaken, but I believe the OP's question was "Would we be able to play with a save file created with our PS4 consoles in the PS5 version of the game?" We know we can play with our PS4 save files with the PS4 version of the game played on the PS5 console. So assuming a PS5 version of the game becomes available, we will know the answer to this question in less than 48 hours.
  • moeiniomoeinio Join Date: 2021-05-14 Member: 270029Members
    I installed the Ps5 patch, the game does not recognize the PS4 saved data, so no as far as i know the PS5 version does not work with the PS4 saved data.
  • MASPMASP Spain Join Date: 2021-05-14 Member: 270036Members
    I have the same problem. I really don't understand the difficulty of migrating games saved on PS4 to the PS5 version. If the problem is Sony's platform, I think the developers should see how to make that conversion, either from the console itself, ideal solution, or by saving the game and editing it externally.
    Playing a game for hours, advancing in it and then not being able to enjoy it in the latest version is absurd. It's as if they release a version update and the old games don't work.

I hope they can give us a satisfactory solution and in this way, migrate all our progress to the PS5 version.

Thank you.
    moeinio wrote: »
    I installed the Ps5 patch, the game does not recognize the PS4 saved data, so no as far as i know the PS5 version does not work with the PS4 saved data.

Is there even a PS5 version of the original Subnautica game? I was able to download and play the PS5 Below Zero game (the graphics looked awesome). Yes I can run the PS4 version on my PS5 console, but I was actually hoping that a PS5 version of the original game would become available. However I did not see it anywhere on the PSN (based on last night, have no idea what has happened since then since I am not able to access the PSN right now).
  • ChimangoChimango Chimango Join Date: 2021-05-03 Member: 269689Members
    My993C2 wrote: »

Is there even a PS5 version of the original Subnautica game? I was able to download and play the PS5 Below Zero game (the graphics looked awesome). Yes I can run the PS4 version on my PS5 console, but I was actually hoping that a PS5 version of the original game would become available. However I did not see it anywhere on the PSN (based on last night, have no idea what has happened since then since I am not able to access the PSN right now).

There is. It on the same "store article" as the Subnautica (PS4). If you download it directly on PS5 it will select that version. I had the Subnautica (PS4) and now downloaded the PS5 version so i can choose any of those when playing on PS5. The PS4 version is clearly marked when i choose that. Similar to what FIFA 21 (PS4/PS5) does, that you can select which version to launch from the product page from the "(...)" or "more" menu.

As some users have pointed above, my question is answered. It is not possible to bring your PS4 version progress to PS5 (at least for now, no save migration plan).

Kinda bad since I started a while after the Play At Home campaign was launched but well, i hadn't progress that much. Gonna launch a new campaign, the 60FPS is a game changer.
    Chimango wrote: »
    My993C2 wrote: »

There is. It on the same "store article" as the Subnautica (PS4). If you download it directly on PS5 it will select that version. I had the Subnautica (PS4) and now downloaded the PS5 version so i can choose any of those when playing on PS5. The PS4 version is clearly marked when i choose that. Similar to what FIFA 21 (PS4/PS5) does, that you can select which version to launch from the product page from the "(...)" or "more" menu.

As some users have pointed above, my question is answered. It is not possible to bring your PS4 version progress to PS5 (at least for now, no save migration plan).

Kinda bad since I started a while after the Play At Home campaign was launched but well, i hadn't progress that much. Gonna launch a new campaign, the 60FPS is a game changer.

Thanks Chimango. It kind of sounds like a good news/bad news scenario. Good in that a PS5 version is available. Bad in that I would need to nuke my PS4 progress and start over if I wanted to play the PS5 version. I will continue playing my PS4 save on the PS5 console and once I have completed the story only then will I purge my PS5 console of anything and everything Subnautica PS4 related and start over.
  • realjammerrealjammer Join Date: 2021-05-20 Member: 270428Members
    I am having this issue now on Xbox, I started game on Xbox one x which I have in my bedroom, then I played in the living room on the series x. The save is unusable now on the One X says they are different versions.

Hopefully someone oft reads this before they do the same thing and ruin their save

I don’t have this problem on any other game so I hope they fix this as it’s making me not want to play and I just found this game and really love it.