Make Cyclops great again!

VMaverickVMaverick Greece Join Date: 2019-01-25 Member: 249327Members
Am i the only one that thinks that sea truck is stupid?
In first subnautica you were able to pilot a whole huge submarine by yourself and that was one of the signature things of subnautica game.
Why developers abandon that idea and gave us this stupid sea truck which has a whole module just for the fabricator?
Seamoth and cyclops i think they would be in any future subnautica game for players to choose. Why do we have to stuck only with one vehicle?

Comments

• lordpuglordpug UK Join Date: 2019-03-10 Member: 251655Members
    The sea truck is the worst vehicle design I've ever seen.the idea is to make the vehicle almost infinitely expandable, however the shape is so awkward to drive in an ocean full of ice. Another reason that this vehicle is bad is the fact that if the sea truck is facing down (let's say because of the bunch of ice),and then you get out every thing is tilted and so hard to move in. Now if you compare this to another vehicle, the Seamoth it is easy to maneuver and a lot quicker
  • v497_vesperv497_vesper Join Date: 2016-08-21 Member: 221558Members
    I Don't like the fact that they are not going to put in the Seamoth or the Cyclops, I mean yeah the Seamoth, the Cyclops and the Neptune escape rocket may be in the Mobile vehicle bay blueprints but:-
    1, The Seamoth does not dock in the moonpool so you cannot customise its colours and name, and when you build the Seamoth, the Mobile vehicle bay glitches slightly and pushes the player backwards slightly,
    2, When I try to build the Cyclops it takes the resources but the Cyclops does not get built and it is the same with the Neptune escape rocket and like the Seamoth when you try to use the Mobile vehicle bay to build it the bay glitches out and pushes the player back slightly
  • LegendaryAokLegendaryAok Join Date: 2019-08-15 Member: 254304Members
    I think the sea truck is stupid sure you could have stacey but it dose make you a bigger target to dangerous creatures
  • BallonBoyBallonBoy 06172, Bad Homburg Join Date: 2019-07-17 Member: 253775Members
    lordpug wrote: »
    The sea truck is the worst vehicle design I've ever seen.the idea is to make the vehicle almost infinitely expandable, however the shape is so awkward to drive in an ocean full of ice. Another reason that this vehicle is bad is the fact that if the sea truck is facing down (let's say because of the bunch of ice),and then you get out every thing is tilted and so hard to move in. Now if you compare this to another vehicle, the Seamoth it is easy to maneuver and a lot quicker

Well, because youre just a Worker. In the Base game, you had to survive, but the Seatruck is for Work.
  • Paul-HewsonPaul-Hewson Join Date: 2008-02-25 Member: 63737Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Profesionnal use submersible too. I kinda think exploring depth is linked to submarine in our human mind anyway. They just need to reshaped so it adapted to fit an ice themed environment and make these differents sections inside that revamp of the cyclops.
    I guess it is a bit late in development to change things and they might have their vision for this game too. But sea truck doesn't fit the sea for me, it's trying to adapt some kind of car design to use it into the sea. Not every design can be used for every environment.
    I'll rather see a very small sub like the one we saw in the abyss movie with the different modules added in the same "room" rather than having a caterpillar sea truck. For me it is a bad idea, too many flaws and doesn't seem realistically possible to use that in an ocean. That's just my point of view.
  • Officer_keethOfficer_keeth brazil Join Date: 2021-01-15 Member: 266886Members
    BallonBoy wrote: »

Well, because youre just a Worker. In the Base game, you had to survive, but the Seatruck is for Work.

2020 subnautica below zero disagrees with your statement
  • lehyunsulehyunsu Join Date: 2020-10-17 Member: 264771Members
    Even with the dense environment, I would be happier using a cyclops/prawnsuit combo.
  • Officer_keethOfficer_keeth brazil Join Date: 2021-01-15 Member: 266886Members
    VMaverick wrote: »
    In first subnautica you were able to pilot a whole huge submarine by yourself and that was one of the signature things of subnautica game.
    Why developers abandon that idea and gave us this stupid sea truck which has a whole module just for the fabricator?
    Seamoth and cyclops i think they would be in any future subnautica game for players to choose. Why do we have to stuck only with one vehicle?

remember that the huge submarine is meant for a 3 people crew
    and you're able to drive it all by yourself
  • njalonjalo Join Date: 2021-04-19 Member: 269268Members
    VMaverick wrote: »

The seatruck without modlues pretty much is the seamoth, just without the bit of storage space. I think it's a cool and versitail design. But yeah, there should also be a big and cool submarine like the cyclopes, merging the sea truck and the submarine just doesn't work out.
  • SuthaiSuthai Thailand Join Date: 2021-05-29 Member: 270825Members
    Perhaps a Seatruck Prawnsuit Hybrid would make it worth using. If we get logical here for a second, the seatruck can float on its own, and has no problem floating with a module and a "heavy feeling" prawn suit attached to it. So... why can't the Prawn Suit float on its own then? If the seatruck can transform from floater to heavy mech, it would be nice.

Or... Seatruck and Prawn Suit back-to-back with no module in between. That way, you can transfer to the prawn suit and detach anytime without ever leaving the Seatruck, and vice versa. I believe that would make the Seatruck even much more fun to use. My 2 cents is all.
  • DawnheartDawnheart Join Date: 2021-06-21 Member: 271438Members
    I think the sea truck is stupid sure you could have stacey but it dose make you a bigger target to dangerous creatures

so true
  • DawnheartDawnheart Join Date: 2021-06-21 Member: 271438Members
    also, you can't even place anything. so even if they did take away the dumb fabricator module or merge the sea truck, we could not build anything