Aurora's keypads are misleading players

WhiteDevilWhiteDevil Join Date: 2012-09-16 Member: 159559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
Really a minor thing but made me wander around in the Aurora wreck more longer than I should have.

The interactive screens which you have to put in a code doesn't have any useful feedback that they are in fact something you can interact with.
Other interactive screens in the game have sounds and hover actions. Something that takes your attention.

These keypads had no effects like the other screens. So I thought these screens were just regular props since nothing really happened until I pressed on the buttons. IMHO all interactive screens should at the least change your crosshair for a pointer or something so even that might give the player a notion that it is in fact something that can be interacted with.

Comments

• ShadoxShadox France Join Date: 2018-01-27 Member: 235990Members
    Even if they are easy to see (a glowing keypad in a dark area...) , i agree with you , so +1
  • FredontheForumFredontheForum Join Date: 2018-01-06 Member: 234860Members
    if you find the log with the keypad first that may clue it in
  • GarryPlaysGarryPlays Join Date: 2019-10-10 Member: 254987Members
    It is impossible to press keys in VR. Had to switch to normal game to enter them. Wouldn't even have known that I even can enter anything if it wasn't for a play through, which now spoiled what is behind the door, sigh.
  • gcsgcs usa Join Date: 2021-04-16 Member: 269199Members
    On PS4, how *does* one interact with the keypad? I can't figure it out.
    WhiteDevil wrote: »
    Really a minor thing but made me wander around in the Aurora wreck more longer than I should have.

The interactive screens which you have to put in a code doesn't have any useful feedback that they are in fact something you can interact with.
    Other interactive screens in the game have sounds and hover actions. Something that takes your attention.

These keypads had no effects like the other screens. So I thought these screens were just regular props since nothing really happened until I pressed on the buttons. IMHO all interactive screens should at the least change your crosshair for a pointer or something so even that might give the player a notion that it is in fact something that can be interacted with.

• narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    Try the button for opening doors/entering vehicles.