When will Subnautica be fixed?

2»

Comments

• ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    lilmousten wrote: »
    probly will never get fixed they can't even fix the prawn suit bug that fall thru map even after 2 years. They don't even answer the threads man. Like buy my fucking game even tho isnt working properly and you cant complete it but hey i dont care, i have your money in my pocket!

This bug is fixed in the next update, which is already fixed on Xbox and in the experimental steam beta.
  • Josh_SPJosh_SP England Join Date: 2020-06-14 Member: 261851Members
    Wow, that was toxic. This guy shouldn't even be a part of the community. :/
  • Josh_SPJosh_SP England Join Date: 2020-06-14 Member: 261851Members
    edited June 2020
    A: If you are announcing to everyone on a thread that your "leaving Subnautica". Just leave, you don't have to announce something that is off topic and frankly nobody really cares. B: Why are most of the people in this thread annoyed that they aren't getting the "direct response " THEY needed. Hardly any game I've known has this much of a direct response and transparent game design I've seen ever. They listen to the entire community and are working almost every day on releasing new bug fixes and patches. C: As far as I know the entirety of the 1st game Subanautica is completely playable with hardly any game breaking bugs. Any bugs you experience can be fixed momentarily by just reloading an old save. Also don't act like you guys know what happens to the feedback you send off to the dev's. They most likely ARE reading and responding silently. D : If you want to know whats new to Subnautica below zero just go on there twitter page. The one that says whats new big or small. Its called 'Subnautica Changes'. So as a summary, stop being toxic and hold it together. Whenever your mad or annoyed about. They are most likely are going to or ARE working on it. I feel like a lot of the community are taking Unknown Worlds strategy with the transparent approach for granted and where just seeing that more than ever before. people need to chill out and be calm when talking about bugs and frustrations when talking about a game they all enjoy. Enough anyway to make an account on this website and write a post on the issues. Sorry for the essay. Just thought it needed to be said
  • RuthFosterRuthFoster United States Join Date: 2020-06-16 Member: 261891Members
    There has been a new update
  • GringoBoy87GringoBoy87 Join Date: 2003-12-23 Member: 24702Members
    RuthFoster wrote: »
    There has been a new update

Can you provide a link? I can't find the update information.
  • phil452phil452 phil452 Join Date: 2020-05-02 Member: 260592Members
    Has the epic version been updated to fix this yet? cant see any update information or if the version on the epic store has changed
  • akcakc Scotland Join Date: 2020-06-28 Member: 262200Members
    I am making this comment so that I can post a new thread with a series of bug reports in it, as I cannot make these bug reports without making a comment.
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    akc wrote: »
    I am making this comment so that I can post a new thread with a series of bug reports in it, as I cannot make these bug reports without making a comment.

For the love of God, stop making this comment. Make a comment that has some relevance. There's a LOT to talk about in this game. This is exploiting the intent of why the rule was set in the first place and borders on spam. You're gonna force UW to make it so that you can't make a post until your first comment passes a threshold of positive ratings.
  • poomanpooman Join Date: 2020-07-08 Member: 262401Members
    edited July 2020
    Hi all, dont know where to post texture problem, so it will be here. Gaming on build 63668 i5-2400 + HD7950 + 20.5.1 AMD driver and i see this
    7c7so3gvxjxr.jpg
    Can anybody fix this or say where to post this bug?
    the same was on the previous versions
  • SechuraSechura Turkey Join Date: 2020-07-02 Member: 262280Members
    Guys, don't you really see the dark color problem in the lava area? Lava zone is completely dark and nothing is visible. I can't open a subject. The producer is also not interested. Please report this problem. I don't understand how you play. There are no complaints about this in the forum.

• Mech70Mech70 USA Join Date: 2020-07-13 Member: 262500Members
    Experimental patch 65780 is broken, can't pick up most items (except copper for some reason) and cooked fish show up as black squares in the world. I'll upload a video when I can make a topic.
  • Arc_11Arc_11 UK Join Date: 2020-07-21 Member: 262671Members
    edited July 2020
    Still happening in July 2020! Prawn suit pushed through floor by monster.
  • LalaboxLalabox Join Date: 2020-11-09 Member: 265345Members
    This thread ist sonewhat old but it discribes things similar occurring to me:

... 4 FPS at GTX 1070 seems low....

I need some help because I think my Hardware ist ok, and when fresh new savgame, SN plays nicly (30+FPS), but right now I have constantly around 4 to 10 FPS. GPU-Z Screenshot states like this:
    Memory Used 4131 of 8192
    GPU Load 28%
    System Memory 7835 of 16000

Res: 3440x1440, but happens on 1920x1080 likewise

ymmuwaj6pr59.bmp

GPU seems bored, or at least is not capped, neither is system.

I am at end of game, built my Neptune and now want to collect an breed eggs, so my base grew a bit. Can you give me advice to bring my game back to playable?

Years ago, I alerady played this AWSOME (!!!!) game with the same machine with NO problems at all. What happened?!

Regdards
    Chris
    Lalabox wrote: »
    This thread ist sonewhat old but it discribes things similar occurring to me:

... 4 FPS at GTX 1070 seems low....

I need some help because I think my Hardware ist ok, and when fresh new savgame, SN plays nicly (30+FPS), but right now I have constantly around 4 to 10 FPS. GPU-Z Screenshot states like this:
    Memory Used 4131 of 8192
    GPU Load 28%
    System Memory 7835 of 16000

Res: 3440x1440, but happens on 1920x1080 likewise

ymmuwaj6pr59.bmp

GPU seems bored, or at least is not capped, neither is system.

I am at end of game, built my Neptune and now want to collect an breed eggs, so my base grew a bit. Can you give me advice to bring my game back to playable?

Years ago, I alerady played this AWSOME (!!!!) game with the same machine with NO problems at all. What happened?!

Regdards
    Chris

May I suggest what I did? Uninstalled all Unknown Worlds games and decided to not support them anymore.
    edited January 2021

May I suggest what I did? Uninstalled all Unknown Worlds games and decided to not support them anymore.

Hm, not a constructive solution, since this game is the only one of its kind... by the way: if you walked away from Unknown Worlds games, there should be no reason you be still here commenting...

Anyone know how FPS drop correlates with changes a player applys to the ingame world, like larger Base or moving many things (scrap) around? Since it runs smooth in the beginning, it seems the amount of additional player added stuff like complex Base with many windows, aquariums, light spots etc. pushes the engine over the edge?
    Lalabox wrote: »

Hm, not a constructive solution, since this game is the only one of its kind... by the way: if you walked away from Unknown Worlds games, there should be no reason you be still here commenting...

Anyone know how FPS drop correlates with changes a player applys to the ingame world, like larger Base or moving many things (scrap) around? Since it runs smooth in the beginning, it seems the amount of additional player added stuff like complex Base with many windows, aquariums, light spots etc. pushes the engine over the edge?

It's not a constructive response because there isn't a solution. We've been asking for one for months. Good luck.
    It's not a constructive response because there isn't a solution. We've been asking for one for months. Good luck.

OK, I get it, things like this must have been fixed by DEV by now, so they cannot or may not fix it.

But I want to find out "what not to do": I play with max settings and when I start a new game, everything is fine, at least playable. Increasingly towards the end of game, things get worse. I think it has to do what you build, may be the scanner rooms pose the Thread, or Windows in the base, or stuff you plant inside an outrside, I don't know.

• Little_Mac89Little_Mac89 Join Date: 2021-03-09 Member: 268193Members
    edited March 2021
    So I have started another play through since Below Zero is going full launch this May, and I have found some new bugs that don't seem to be fixed by anything I do.

1: The sensors on the top of the Cyclops keep moving off to the left until they are about 5ft from the sub. they will spawn off center and move due to anything from collision with the terrain, or even a random fish hitting the side while stationary.

2: Built a base in one of the red grass areas and next time I booted up the game, the rocks with the floaters on them spawned in, and continue to do so, almost on the sea floor rather than where they do around the tops of those "spires". This only affects the ones near my base.

3: Sometimes entering the Seamoth, game glitches with me looking to the side like I'm doing a sick drift in a Mitsubishi.

4: Reaper next to the island with the enforcement platform glitches into the island's underwater cave system. Gave me a good brown alert when I found that one.

5: When building in a stacked multi-purpose room, the hitbox was detecting the roof of the room below instead of the floor for things like beds, and grow beds.

I have run the file verification in the game properties tab on Steam multiple times, and even uninstalled/reinstalled the game in an attempt to fix these. As you can tell, hasn't worked even when the verification says it found bad files and replaced them. I do have a few mods installed but these are glitches that happened before I installed them. Also the only mods I have are the mod managers, tablet map, Cyclops docking system, base clocks, anisotropic fix, and snap builder.

Can anyone help me here? I'm at a loss for what to do.

Edit: These have sort of "built up" over time as they were not a problem in the first couple of times I played.
  • SOONYSOONY Poland Join Date: 2021-03-07 Member: 268152Members
    We have almost end and when I play I see a lot of shortcomings mobs pop up randomly, I got hit by worm 5x I fly to some wall and I got stuck and again i i got atack HEHEHEHE Worm is buged as f.
  • ArcherMR04ArcherMR04 Join Date: 2021-03-28 Member: 268556Members
    The bizarre clicking noise when walking on land needs to be fixed. I don't know if it's intentional, but it's beyond annoying.
  • seatomonseatomon Join Date: 2021-03-30 Member: 268625Members
    Hi, I needed to make a post before I could start a topic for bug reports.