Prawn suit keeps getting stuck in ground

MalacathMalacath Wales Join Date: 2016-05-17 Member: 216874Members
I'm playing the base game of Subnautica on Xbox Series X.

I have encountered a major bug. Basically when using the prawn suit in any alien facility it keeps getting stuck on the ground. I have to keep using the grapple to drag myself free.

I've played through the game multiple times on the older Xbox consoles and never had this problem . I think it was added in the May update.

I tried loading the game up on my Xbox One X and it was happening in that too so not an issue with the Series X. Must be the May update. I'm sure it's related to the fix in the patch notes to stop it falling through floors.

Does anyone know of a workaround to stop this bug happening?

It's really effecting my enjoyment of the game.

Comments

• ThorastaThorasta Seattle Join Date: 2020-12-15 Member: 266074Members
    I've been seeing this on PC -- Like you I've played through the game several times before and never had this problem.

I didn't even think of using the grapple to unstick, I found if you run about 75 meters away and return, it will unstick... until it sticks again. I probably got stuck 10 times in the final base where you free the leviathan babies.
  • kicek_kickicek_kic Poland Join Date: 2020-12-30 Member: 266446Members
    Check is your game up-to-date
  • TopNauticaTopNautica Join Date: 2019-12-27 Member: 256776Members
    edited January 2021
    Same problem here, will try the grapple to play through the bug, I am using the November 2020 build (from memory) on the PS4 Pro
  • TerralingTerraling Join Date: 2021-02-15 Member: 267701Members
    Found this bug in the Active Lava Zone Alien Base, the Inactive Lava Zone Alien Power Plant, and strangely enough walking across the top of the Alien Cannon on the Mountainous Island. Seems to be resident mostly on/in the Alien Bases.
  • SubnauticfanSubnauticfan Join Date: 2021-01-17 Member: 266942Members
    I had this problem on ps4 too my PRAWN called BAYmax got stuck in the QEP so I had to make BAYmax 2.
  • a_mousea_mouse Join Date: 2020-12-24 Member: 266300Members
    Well known bug, never fixed.
  • vinnieboJvinnieboJ Join Date: 2021-05-24 Member: 270566Members
    My prawn suit got stuck between the moonpool and the seafloor at -1200 meters in the lava zone where the sea dragon resides. I was unable to get it unstuck so I decided to drop my inventory at my cyclops so I can deconstruct the moonpool and it's contents. I return to get going and all of a sudden my prawn suit is 34 meters below the seafloor with no way to get to it. Any idea how to get it back? I don't fancy having to go all the way back to the surface to build a new suit, not to mention gather all the needed materials to build the arms and upgrades, i just had it upgraded to maximum depth....
  • jacoblhughesjacoblhughes Corona, CA Join Date: 2021-05-25 Member: 270647Members
    My prawn suit is unusable, currently residing underneath my base. I cannot access any part of it.
  • Harrisonbr9Harrisonbr9 Join Date: 2021-05-25 Member: 270615Members
    I have noticed this game bug as well, I have a ps4 pro and I still have this issue. My solution is to keep using the grappling arm and if you are stuck to the point of no return then use the repulsion cannon. And one more thing, if you are ever suck in a cave in the prawn suit on the mountain island just make it sit down and use the repulsion cannon.