Subnautica PlayStation Update 1.10 Released - Subnautica

13»

Comments

• deep6deep6 Join Date: 2020-10-19 Member: 264830Members
    I'm also sad about the save bug.

Like a lot of people, I found that everything worked fine until I got to the lost river. Then I started seeing the errors, and while the games were actually saving (despite errors saying otherwise) there were a lot of glitches: one of the geothermal heat sources near my base disappeared (the geothermal plant kept working), and the brine near the base disappeared along with the flora.

If there's a common engine between below zero and subnautica I'd imagine this will be a problem for the ps4 release of below zero as well.
  • tylervonallentylervonallen Los Angeles Join Date: 2020-10-18 Member: 264797Members
    Fun challenge to help us all get by until the bugs are patched. Finish the storyline and launch the Neptune before the 24 in-game hour marker. Just launched the Neptune myself and I can’t wait to reload the save and find everything gone and not be completely depressed about deleting the file. Lol. Have fun and stay safe everyone! Thank you again to the devs at UW for this amazing game. Thank you as well, in advance, for all of your time and attention on the repairs. All the best to you and yours! Cheers.

• LEGEND_xxxxLEGEND_xxxx Join Date: 2020-11-19 Member: 265535Members
    @Subnautica since last update , i am not able to play the game . It's stuck on 80% loading at PS4
  • ntmx232ntmx232 Join Date: 2020-11-22 Member: 265604Members
    Saving is still completely broken 22 NOV 20. I set a timer for every 30 minutes. If I am lucky enough to get a successful save I have to quit the game, reload the game to ensure that it actually saved, quit again, then manually upload my save file to cloud storage to ensure it is truly saved. With the load times this is a 10 minute process. 30 minutes of game time 10 minutes to "save" but that's only if it works. Right now I'm at about 1 out of every 3 saves being error free.
  • BlueMonkeyBlueMonkey Join Date: 2020-11-24 Member: 265651Members
    (On PS4) Heya everyone, apart from the save bug I also have many other issues! Firstly the teleports break the game, as soon as I teleport somewhere it loads the map without our water or completely empty. I can’t teleport to the thermal plant as it doesn’t load and I just fall into an empty room. All other teleports break the game and load in without water as well. Plus I can’t even walk around the alien facilities in the prawn suit as it doesn’t allow it to move. I have to get around using the grappling hook to slide around. I love this game but it’s completely unplayable after you reach a certain point in the story. You become so invested but the game is completely broken by the point you have strong sense of direction. Until it’s fixed (which doesn’t look like it will be) don’t bother with the game.
  • tidybeasttidybeast UK, York Join Date: 2020-11-21 Member: 265584Members
    Why the zero replies about the save bug, Such a cool game but total waste of time to play if you can't save your progression! DEVS please acknowledge the wide save problem.. Tell us you're working on it ! Baked batch save problems.. game now not worth playing .. sad
  • batman11batman11 Join Date: 2020-11-01 Member: 265133Members
    please fix the bug of base going bye. cant play this game untill its fixed and everything going bye bye. below zero may have more issues and im worried.
  • rothiscoolrothiscool Join Date: 2020-11-26 Member: 265680Members
    PS4 I got the global.bin error when trying to save and tried multiple times to save. I eventually gave up and closed app and reloaded only to find out that everything that I made and deployed is gone. I only have the starting lifepod and whatever I was carrying on me. 25 hours of progress gone just like that. PLEASE FIX THIS!
  • lvmealone_leviathanlvmealone_leviathan UK Join Date: 2020-11-20 Member: 265572Members
    Saving on PS4 is still a nightmare, every time I start a saved game after a break I am dreading to notice all my vehicles and bases have been deleted. Happened about four times now, each time the only solution is to delete the game and start at the beginning
  • lvmealone_leviathanlvmealone_leviathan UK Join Date: 2020-11-20 Member: 265572Members
    Scorpius wrote: »
    Like a few others I'm noticing issues with the saves. After the update I have ran into an issue where the game tells me it's had problems saving. And asks to try again. The first few times i did this it saved with no problem. But now, even after I did a database rebuild on the PS4 (assuming the save file is on the main drive) and a reboot, the issue persists. So although I can still play it seems like progress won't be saved so there's really no point to playing until the issue is fixed. Still love the game but will wait for the next patch that resolves this.

Exactly. Instead of the update doing what it was intended to do - improve the playing experience - in fact it broke the damn game
    zlatco wrote: »
    What the actual f%%k? impossible to save.A huge fire in the middle of the ocean, lifepod 5 upside down in the water! Crappiest update in the history of all updates! Come the f%%k on and fix pls.

Worst update in the history of playstation updates, agreed - instead of improving the experience, made it ten times worse
  • TheFirstKlutzTheFirstKlutz Netherlands Join Date: 2020-12-07 Member: 265904Members
    Hi Guys, I really love your game and spend loads of hours in survival mode making bases all over the place without actually wanting to finish the game to prolong the experience during my first playthrough (last year). I got very sick this year and now recovering and wanted to start over to experience the game again but now I am running into the save bug on the ps4: SAVE DATA saving failed {CellsCache/baked-bath-cells-7-19-15. bin with the question to try again but then it keeps failing as well. It does save despite the error message but not all the time so not really reliable. I want to finish the game before I actually die but because of the latest patch I cannot. I do have my previous save file with more as 4 days and 19 hour of playing time but do not dare to start that one as it might get corrupted as well. Do you think you will release a fix anytime soon? Or is there an option that we ps4 players get the game for free for the PC so we can finish the experience? Then I consider buying a PC or does the issue also exist on the PC?
    Hi Guys, I really love your game and spend loads of hours in survival mode making bases all over the place without actually wanting to finish the game to prolong the experience during my first playthrough (last year). I got very sick this year and now recovering and wanted to start over to experience the game again but now I am running into the save bug on the ps4: SAVE DATA saving failed {CellsCache/baked-bath-cells-7-19-15. bin with the question to try again but then it keeps failing as well. It does save despite the error message but not all the time so not really reliable. I want to finish the game before I actually die but because of the latest patch I cannot. I do have my previous save file with more as 4 days and 19 hour of playing time but do not dare to start that one as it might get corrupted as well. Do you think you will release a fix anytime soon? Or is there an option that we ps4 players get the game for free for the PC so we can finish the experience? Then I consider buying a PC or does the issue also exist on the PC?

Sorry to hear you are sick. Are you OK?
  • khyeronkhyeron In front of my computers. Join Date: 2016-01-31 Member: 212378Members
    edited December 2020
    I have not been active on this forum since the development days, though I have, since, graduated from a Game Design program.

With that out of the way, I have, on my twitch.tv channel (PG13 at the very least) a very visible save issue on hardcore playthrough where my save game/load game cycle literally erased all my work and stranded me with 200 seconds of air in the Sea Dragon's lair. I saw a lot of good updates that should have been part of the original release. I still fall through the cyclops, never had prawn issues, and my entire player built structure list was erased by the game during the save process.

From last minute here:
    To, beginning of here:

Please excuse any foul language I used, this was the second hard core corrupted save I have had in the past week, and I was showing my girl the more advanced parts of the game, since I know how to largely avoid falling through the sub and avoid the various creatures (gotta love the reapers). The other bug is still in my recent clips (not highlights, yet). Playstation 4 Pro, with solid state drive and almost 300 gigs free, latest patch set.

As an avid Unity user, and game design / code nerd, what gives??? The "falling out of the Cyclops" error still happens with latest PS4 updates, and I have an older clip I have to dig up, where I fell through a flooding base, as well! I have had plenty of my own issues with nested physics objects in Unity, but I am curious why the save game issues. Those should **not** be happening, whatsoever, if the save file simply stores coordinates, orientation and flooded/addon status of player created objects, and whether databoxes / unique fragments have been harvested, correct? For the save system to become so error prone after the last save, despite the textures and terrain objects now loading properly and with no delay, is disappointing. Any ideas?

--> Quick Edit: I have achieved platinum trophy on the PSN in this game years ago, so I have quite a few hours on it, and it was the second game on PSN that I have done so. It is disappointing to see some new bugs surface now that I have recommended this game to my girl. I am very persistent, but I figure she will be less than willing to play the game after seeing the aborted runs I just had happen, on video, no less.
  • TheFirstKlutzTheFirstKlutz Netherlands Join Date: 2020-12-07 Member: 265904Members
    goblinbr wrote: »

Wonderful thanks for the link goblinbr! Hopefully the fix will be rolled out soon! I can't wait myself!
  • mDmXmDmX South Africa Join Date: 2021-06-10 Member: 271208Members
    edited June 2021
    This recent update literally destroyed my 4 day save game file. Ps5. It registers on the console, but doesn't pick up in game. Pretty damn sad. Don't think I'll be playing again if I can't recover it and have it stable.
  • timsdurtimsdur Join Date: 2021-05-27 Member: 270738Members
    I seem to have a unique version of the save bug. It does allow me to save, but if I am in a habitat, or a vehicle, my character is underwater, and can drown sitting in the seamoth. I have to get in the water and then renter the vehicle, or habitat to be able to breathe again. I can even swim through the sub, or habitats.