Game deletes all my bases and vehicles (and other weird stuff)

SupaScubaSupaScuba Join Date: 2020-10-15 Member: 264698Members
I play on PS4 and ever since the latest update I've started having a lot of bugs that've made the game unbeatable.

Recently I saved my game after finishing a base. I got the same error message that many other people had gotten but I ignored it since the game always saved anyway. However when I started again all my bases and vehicles were gone. Even the mobile vehicle bay and beacons I had put down were gone. I still had all the blue-prints, materials, and gear that I had on me when I last saved (ultra high-capacity tank, rebreather etc.) but I was essentially back to square one. I tried making a new base and saving/quitting again but this one vanished too. Everything I make disappears when I load the game again.

In addition to all this I've now got a blank white screenshot on the PDA that I can't delete and a bunch of plants are just floating in the middle of the shallows now. This is the second save file I've lost. The fist became un-winnable after the Quarantine Platform disappeared permanently and I couldn't disable the big gun (and then all the water vanished and the game crashed).

I've tried everything I can think of fix this from restarting the console and deleting and re-downloading the game. I really don't wanna give up on Subnautica but I'm at my wits end. Hoping this gets fixed so others don't lose everything too.

Sorry for the bad picture quality

p9oadjg0hmjo.jpg
g90ffvdcyzjt.jpg
aacxo95umbnm.jpg
kdg18c2dgdzf.jpg
l2l8xembs1nn.jpg
dtuqkoynejs9.jpg

Comments

• ErikgErikg Join Date: 2020-10-19 Member: 264817Members
    Hello I have almost same problem. I tired to save the game but it was only saying cellscache/baked and some numbers I tried to save it many times I it wouldn't work so I decided to turn the game of without saving it told me I ll loose 1:30 hour of progress and I turn it off. When I came back my whole base all modules and all sources I had in were lost I only have my stuff in PDA. I lost so much please help me!
  • DiamondpiggisDiamondpiggis Germany Join Date: 2020-10-21 Member: 264887Members
    Yes exactly the same happened with my game today, in the title screen it shows that I still have my vehicles and base but as soon as I log in it is all gone...
    Also every beacon except for 1 camera drone and the lifepot is gone :/
    Please fix this, because like that this game is not playable anymore!
  • hackedoffhackedoff Join Date: 2020-10-22 Member: 264906Members
    The exact same thing has happened to me. I got the save bug and today I find myself in the lost river with my base, seamoth, prawn and cyclops all gone. Just for fun I tried to get back to the surface from 600m down but died. Back to my life pod with my main base also gone. I still have blueprints and the things I had with me.

My save file still shows cyclops and prawn.

Basically if this isn't fixed I'll never play the game again or buy another game from these guys - losing 30 hours progress isn't worth it.
  • trock13trock13 USA Join Date: 2020-10-22 Member: 264910Members
    Posted in another forum. Lost all the things i made. Not going to play anymore. I now have a game I payed for that I can’t play because my progress gets deleted. Sad.
  • kateacombskateacombs Mississippi Join Date: 2020-10-22 Member: 264909Members
    Have been having save issues for the past couple of days. I got on this morning and EVERYTHING was gone. 30 hours of gameplay. Not playing this game anymore, and wish I could get my money back. This has been an issue for YEARS and Unknown Worlds hasn’t done anything about it, only focused on their game that isn’t fully released yet. It’s sad because I genuinely enjoyed this game.
  • rawkurawku Uk Join Date: 2020-10-23 Member: 264916Members
    Similar issue with me.

Think it started after the latest update but tbh that's when I started playing as previously it was too buggy to play properly on ps4.

This time around ive spent 46 hours in the game, had bases in most biomes as well as all vehicles fully upgraded.

Issue started off with the saving error message referencing cache and screenshots, then I loaded up my save yesterday to find the world had reset with everything I'd built/created gone. I could probably just continue to finish the story and get all achievements but it doesn't save anything I create now on that save, so the story progress I've made so far on that save is pretty much screwed.

If they can fix the bug and retrieve my created things I'll definitely continue playing, but judging by other posts on this forum I expect I would have to start a new game.

Overall this could be such an amazing game, but it's just so riddled with bugs I find it hard to recommend to people, and considering it's been out for ages now the fact these things are still happening is just disappointing and makes me reluctant to purchase Below Zero.

If the game was still in early access it would be annoying but acceptable, but to release a full game on console and Steam that deletes user progress and completely breaks the game after over 30+ hours is just disappointing. Shame because the concept, world design, music and gameplay is brilliant.
  • JAB80JAB80 UK Join Date: 2020-10-28 Member: 265013Members
    This game is completely unplayable on PS4. Everyone of my saves has issues where all my bases and vehicles have all disappeared. Every time I try to play the game i'm greeted by a blank canvas where I once had a base. So I start again.

The sea life I hatched from eggs and released around my main bases are all still there as are all of my blueprints but everything else is gone apart from what I have stored in my personal inventory.

I love this game but i'm done starting from scratch every time I go to play it.

I'll watch this space for when it's fixed, until then i'm done playing

• defactopariah1defactopariah1 Join Date: 2020-10-31 Member: 265086Members
    All bugs that existed prior to the update were better than the bugs created by the latest update. Its unplayable now. I lost all progress. All bases. All vehicles. Gone. Nothing.
  • JaBa__13JaBa__13 Berlin Join Date: 2020-11-01 Member: 265129Members
    Same here....unplayable :'(
  • mattplay123mattplay123 United States Join Date: 2020-11-11 Member: 265387Members
    Same thing with me I can’t save my game I tried more then 6 times they really need to fix it
  • kenpachi85kenpachi85 United States Join Date: 2020-10-27 Member: 264994Members
    edited November 2020
    I think it's a bug that says something about world bin.exe. I got it in one of my world's after building a massive base. Not sure if it'll keep happening after deleting all your stuff but I'm guessing it would.

Your game saves are likely corrupted and doubt anyone can fix that. You have to restart and avoid building a lot of stuff. Oh and apply pigs blood to your console periodically as a offering to the subnautica gods.
  • BigChinBigChin Join Date: 2020-11-12 Member: 265424Members
    The same thing happened to Me. I finally got to the sea emperor when My game crashed. I reloaded but everything that I had built was gone. This is beyond frustrating. I’m extremely disappointed too because I loved this game. But now its unplayable. Subnautica really needs to fix this. So many hours for nothing.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    A dev posted on twitter that they found the cause of the new Ps4 save bug. Haven't seen an estimate on the fix.
  • JakeMossManJakeMossMan United States of America Join Date: 2020-11-14 Member: 265465Members
    Having the same problem. Everything I've built is gone... :(
  • JakeMossManJakeMossMan United States of America Join Date: 2020-11-14 Member: 265465Members
    Has there been a solution yet? Anyway to get our bases back? I really want to keep playing this game!!!! Otherwise, could we get our $ back?
  • kenpachi85kenpachi85 United States Join Date: 2020-10-27 Member: 264994Members
    edited November 2020
    1. No
    2. No everythings gone and ain't coming back
    3. Your choice but its ill advised
    4. You can try but doubtful looks like they ripped us off

Sorry this couldve been such a great game but it's riddled with bugs, bugs that have gone on since release and likely will never be fixed. My condolences I don't say any of this with joy it's a shame that this game has been hampered by so many bugs. If it ran halfway decently and had a actual combat system couldve been one of the best games of all time but sadly it's garbage in its current incarnation.
  • markc33markc33 Join Date: 2020-11-27 Member: 265693Members
    This is getting really frustrating. The game is unplayable as it currently stands. It would be one of my favorite games of all time if not for the game breaking bugs. It’s always 2 steps forward and then 50 steps back. Such a shame.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    The dev posted on twitter that 2 potential fixes are being tested. Save errors are apparently really difficult to lock down.
  • TheFirstKlutzTheFirstKlutz Netherlands Join Date: 2020-12-07 Member: 265904Members
    edited December 2020
    All bugs that existed prior to the update were better than the bugs created by the latest update. Its unplayable now. I lost all progress. All bases. All vehicles. Gone. Nothing.

They should indeed revert the patch as it was playable in the past
  • eblanceblanc Canada Join Date: 2020-12-08 Member: 265946Members
    I had the exact same issue happen to me. Started with those white pictures, then giving me the same error, and then one time my base and everything in it, including cyclops and beacons disappeared... is this fixable in any way? can I edit the save files..?
    Jump on the Subnautica discord. The devs are rock stars. They have been working hard on the issue and keeping us updated there. https://discord.com/channels/85342800492634112/711922434588278784
  • SanoSano Join Date: 2012-10-01 Member: 161231Members
    Jump on the Subnautica discord. The devs are rock stars. They have been working hard on the issue and keeping us updated there. https://discord.com/channels/85342800492634112/711922434588278784

Played 100's of games over 30 years, this is the first game ive encoutered that cant save! Theyve done what all developers before them couldnt do, rockstars indeed.
  • JaooGamerBRJaooGamerBR Los Angeles Join Date: 2020-06-19 Member: 261960Members
    edited December 2020
    The title screen it shows that I still have my vehicles and base but as soon as I log in it is all gone... save image as jpeg
    They just released a patch. Quote from dev:
    virtualdon wrote: »
    The patch passed certification with Sony and we've just released it: https://unknownworlds.com/subnautica/subnautica-playstation-update-1-12-released/
  • babyfacekiller1982babyfacekiller1982 Join Date: 2020-12-10 Member: 265980Members
    Do you think this problem is definitly fixed with the update?

I have a suggestion to make. As it seems difficult for the dev to make sure my beautifull base will be back, I suggest they give us the tools. If it's possible to download a pretty good base, we could take all the materials and build back ours where we want. For exemple, I spent hours to make a gigantic aquarium, just to have fun with my son. I don't want to be rude, but he cried when everything vanished...
    So If dev give us the tools, I'll be ok to craft again a base, and all the vehicules which were very close to be pimped at their highest level.
    There is no building tool, but there are "cheat" commands you could use. Console Commands
  • dorinprodorinpro Greece Join Date: 2021-01-21 Member: 267051Members
    The same problem to xbox series x,dont find save data!!!!