Subnautica & Subnautica: Below Zero Coming to Nintendo Switch - Subnautica

2»

Comments

• senjazsenjaz Join Date: 2019-01-02 Member: 247840Members
    I still play it on the PS4 but as long as there is a physical copy for the Switch available then I will buy it again. I’ve done pretty much everything there is to do in the game but playing it is still relaxing and having that on the go will be great.

I’ll definitely be getting Sub-Zero when it’s released. But I’m happy to wait until it is ready rather than rushed.
  • sntrl_sctr22sntrl_sctr22 Join Date: 2020-10-06 Member: 264444Members
    edited October 2020
    Is there a specific planed date to release the switch version, like in between January and March? Or do you bat have a planed date.
  • sntrl_sctr22sntrl_sctr22 Join Date: 2020-10-06 Member: 264444Members
    Is there a planed price range for the switch version of subnautica and below zero?
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    The only estimate they have given so far is early 2021. I haven't seen word on pricing. I would guess the same price as other versions, unless they charge a little more for the effort to bring it to switch.
  • Andromeda_EternalAndromeda_Eternal Oklahoma Join Date: 2020-10-13 Member: 264672Members
    edited October 2020
  • Branes51Branes51 Join Date: 2020-10-31 Member: 265097Members
    I really don't believe some of the comments I've read here. This game is still in development. The devs have kept it updated as much as they possibly can. Disregarding the time involved and the amount of work that just goes into building a game like this, they are expected to make it available in every possible media to avoid crybabies who want it on PS4, XBox One, Switch, PC, Mac, Linux and every other platform. You should be grateful that they even let you play along with the game while in development. This concept of releasing developing games is a relatively new one. Anyone who remembers waiting for any of the 90's and early 2000's games that were highly anticipated can appreciate being able to play early versions of these games. If you want to be able to play a game in development, then use your pc. But for heaven's sake, stop moaning that an unfinished game isn't performing in perfect shape on every platform. You sound like a bunch of entitled whiners. Read the intro when you boot up the game. It says that the game is unfinished, has lots of bugs. They provide you with a method of giving feedback. Hit F8. What more do you want from them?
  • nerdynerdnerdynerd bgd Join Date: 2020-11-02 Member: 265157Members
    Branes51 wrote: »
    I really don't believe some of the comments I've read here. This game is still in development. The devs have kept it updated as much as they possibly can. Disregarding the time involved and the amount of work that just goes into building a game like this, they are expected to make it available in every possible media to avoid crybabies who want it on PS4, XBox One, Switch, PC, Mac, Linux and every other platform. You should be grateful that they even let you play along with the game while in development. This concept of releasing developing games is a relatively new one. Anyone who remembers waiting for any of the 90's and early 2000's games that were highly anticipated can appreciate being able to play early versions of these games. If you want to be able to play a game in development, then use your pc. But for heaven's sake, stop moaning that an unfinished game isn't performing in perfect shape on every platform. You sound like a bunch of entitled whiners. Read the intro when you boot up the game. It says that the game is unfinished, has lots of bugs. They provide you with a method of giving feedback. Hit F8. What more do you want from them?

I totally agree with you. However, the devs took a very long time to finish this game. It just too bad they didn't write a screenplay before they started making the game - I think that would help them a lot to stay focused. It seems to me that they are just adding some (beautiful) art and trying to build a story around it later on. :disappointed:
  • Cloud_Cloud_ Join Date: 2020-11-04 Member: 265209Members
    Awesome game, keep up the good work!
  • CarryCarry pk Join Date: 2020-11-11 Member: 265390Members
    edited November 2020
    i am buying Playstation 5 in 2021 than finally i will play this game
  • KiladarKiladar Join Date: 2020-12-21 Member: 266222Members
    Quite frankly happy for switch players, i play on PC and always have, all the whining console players are just ignorant. good grief, get over it. the time it would take for any of you saps to make a game as vast or open as the subnautica games would be years upon years, no one bitches that zelda takes 5-6 every major game release but these devs make it go on for 1.5 years and everyone loses there marbles. we got to taste it as updates were coming in the middle of a pandemic! im thankful that unknown worlds has made such a beautiful game, and cant wait to see how this game ends.
  • TheGameChallengerTheGameChallenger Join Date: 2021-01-22 Member: 267072Members
    I heard about this game a year ago and fell in love with the concept, I didn't have a good gaming PC back then, and now when I do have one it's announced for the Switch, so I'm waiting it out, I travel a lot so having a switch version is going to be amazing,
    Thank you so much
  • schrammalamaschrammalama Join Date: 2020-03-18 Member: 258905Members
    This is great, i play on pc but having it on switch means i can have heart attacks on the go
  • Daniel7456Daniel7456 Join Date: 2021-03-10 Member: 268204Members
    What is the exact date though I really need this game.
    It's coming to switch MAY 14TH! YALL BETTER GET READY!!!!!!!
    wcpzbuqw wrote: »
    This is awesome news!!! Love Subnautica and my Switch! Will be picking it up day one for sure. Already have it on Xbox and PC, but being able to take it portable will be spectacular. I have no doubt you'll be able to get it to run quite well on the Switch. Doomsayers can say what they will, but many games thought to be impossible to run on the Switch have come out. This will be among them and I can't wait!

All you have to do is literally search "when is nintendo release subnautica" And trust me it will work.
    This chat is dead. No one has talked since march
    edited April 2021
    wcpzbuqw wrote: »
    This is awesome news!!! Love Subnautica and my Switch! Will be picking it up day one for sure. Already have it on Xbox and PC, but being able to take it portable will be spectacular. I have no doubt you'll be able to get it to run quite well on the Switch bot link removed from quote. Doomsayers can say what they will, but many games thought to be impossible to run on the Switch have come out. This will be among them and I can't wait!

What I just woke up and I am very confused. Why did you post the same thing twice?

moderator: the copy was a bot, they love to copy-paste stuff from this forum or reddit to look real.
  • ellteaelltea Join Date: 2021-04-06 Member: 268830Members
    Oh, this is exciting!
  • commandeurbrincommandeurbrin France Join Date: 2021-04-15 Member: 269158Members
    I'm really wondering how it will play out on switch... Has there been any info from the devs on performances graphics compromises ?
    I'm really wondering how it will play out on switch... Has there been any info from the devs on performances graphics compromises ?

no there has not been any leak about the game besides the release date.
    GUYS YOU CAN PRE-ORDER IT ON THE ESHOP. I personally will be waiting for the reviews but that's just me.
  • commandeurbrincommandeurbrin France Join Date: 2021-04-15 Member: 269158Members
    I already own it on PC but the port is good and the reviews on switch says it works fine all the way to the end, I might just buy it there as well. It would be the first game I buy on more than once !
  • RitaMarinerRitaMariner Missouri Join Date: 2018-12-21 Member: 246577Members
    I have a copy of Below Zero, but it's corrupted and don't know how to fix it.
    I already own it on PC but the port is good and the reviews on switch says it works fine all the way to the end, I might just buy it there as well. It would be the first game I buy on more than once !

On switch where are the reviews? HMMM?
  • SlasktrattenSlasktratten Sweden Join Date: 2021-05-06 Member: 269761Members
    edited May 2021
    How much will the game be downscaled on switch? I'm planing on playing on my glorius PC but perhaps a version for the switch would be good for the wife.
  • DANYULDANYUL Join Date: 2021-05-20 Member: 270421Members
    Save file is not able to be loaded after building the cyclops. I have two save files that do not load past (27s) before showing an error. Please fix this so I can enjoy this wonderful game on my Nintendo Switch!