Disappearing vehicles and base

FokzyFokzy Join Date: 2020-10-18 Member: 264795Members
Found a bug. Game breaking. You save the game, reload it and all your beacons are gone, your vehicles and your base. Been playing for 1 day and 10 hours now and it got so annoying I deleted my save. Anyone know anything?

Comments

• PatheiosPatheios Join Date: 2020-10-21 Member: 264882Members
    im on PS4. just got the game 2 days ago and i loved it, until it decided to stop saving. every time i save the game, it shows a in-game error and doesnt save. when i finally decided to restart the game, it loaded me in to find nothing.
    my base, seamoth and the other machines, materials, everything i build and gave my time making is gone.
    oh and guess what... i started a new game, it was saving at 1st, but now same problem is happening again.
    i hope someone can tell me how to solve this cuz i cant play the game anymore which means i wasted my money for nothing
  • FokzyFokzy Join Date: 2020-10-18 Member: 264795Members
    Patheios wrote: »
    im on PS4. just got the game 2 days ago and i loved it, until it decided to stop saving. every time i save the game, it shows a in-game error and doesnt save. when i finally decided to restart the game, it loaded me in to find nothing.
    my base, seamoth and the other machines, materials, everything i build and gave my time making is gone.
    oh and guess what... i started a new game, it was saving at 1st, but now same problem is happening again.
    i hope someone can tell me how to solve this cuz i cant play the game anymore which means i wasted my money for nothing

Yeah I’ve reported it to unknown. Hopefully they fix it soon...
  • trock13trock13 USA Join Date: 2020-10-22 Member: 264910Members
    I just had this issue happen. I couldn’t save the game a couple of days ago so I finally gave up and lost three hours. I just logged back in and the whole world appears reset to default. Two bases the moth and cyclops and my markers are all gone. And of course the feedback didn’t work. I love this game but restarting seems silly if this is just going to keep happening. It’s really making me sad.
  • dj_knackdj_knack Michigan Join Date: 2020-12-04 Member: 265820Members
    I had attempted to save my data earlier today and it gave me an error message for screenshots but I didn't have any, although there were these white squares and whenever I tried to access them it would put me back at the screenshots page. So I read around and apparently this has happened to others and they said that the game does save but it doesn't say it does so I tried it but it turned out that when I logged back on I had lost 29 hours of progress. The odd part of it is though is that I still have all the blueprints, scanner information, what I had in my inventory, and under the world it still says that I have a seamoth, prawn suit, cyclops, and the Neptune rocket. Is there anything I can do to get my progress back?
  • sterling_argentumsterling_argentum Join Date: 2020-12-08 Member: 265953Members
    I'm encountering the same issue on a 3d gametime save file. @UnknownWorlds devs, is there any hope for a patch to fix the game save issues?
  • the_coraxianthe_coraxian Michigan Join Date: 2020-12-08 Member: 265955Members
    The PS4 version of Subnautica is completely unplayable.

It is a near certainty that all the items created will disappear around the 50 hour mark as the culminating event of a slow save file corruption. Apparently this has been an issue since October, yet is still a problem.

A developer by the name of Rose has been providing sporadic updates on Twitter (and we are grateful), but there is little indication of when Subnautica PS4 might be playable again.

Could you please give us a timeline? A week? A month? Several months? You've moved on to the next project, sorry?

If you hadn't produced such a thoroughly amazing game (when it works) then I would not have bothered to create a forum account just to gripe about bugs. Subnautica is an amazing game. Please fix the PS4 version. Make it playable again.
  • Bosch13Bosch13 Join Date: 2020-12-09 Member: 265968Members
    I have had this issue occur twice now. Both times was after about a day and a half of playtime. It starts with the save errors and then when I load I'm left with only what is in my inventory and lifepod. I lose all bases, vehicles, and resources gathered that were stored in them. I'm running a digital copy on PS4.
  • SubLarsicaSubLarsica Amsterdam Join Date: 2020-12-02 Member: 265785Members
    Yeah everyone is having the same problem on PS4. Doesn't seem like they are going to fix it. I wish I could get a refund.
  • babyfacekiller1982babyfacekiller1982 Join Date: 2020-12-10 Member: 265980Members
    Just had the same issue. It's terrible. I have spent more than 70 hours building everything. I have, oups had a huge aquarium full of crazy fishes, huge base etc... and now everything is gone.... The strangest thing is that the latest stuff I had with me is still here. But for the rest... I just can't do it again, specially if the problem is not resolved. Is there anything from unknown worlds yet? It's been a long time obviously. I'm playing on PS5 btw.
  • khyeronkhyeron In front of my computers. Join Date: 2016-01-31 Member: 212378Members
    I have commented elsewhere, but the bug is still there as of December 7, 2020.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    The devs have submitted a save error fix to Sony for approval. Time to grab a good luck charm.
  • AbmongAbmong Join Date: 2019-07-21 Member: 253859Members
    Not encountered this bug myself on PC. But I've noticed with the latest build [Oct-2020 65786], Thermal Plants now has to be built on a foundation can't be built straight on the ground like before. Was this the dev's solution to the bug?