Unable to save

dcblinddcblind USA Join Date: 2020-08-21 Member: 263462Members
Beat the game a few days ago, made a new game and when I tried to save an error popped up (the picture below) and it then forced the game to close. I had no issues loading previous saves, but once I tried to save the same error pops up. Tried deleting previous saves, uninstalling and reinstalling, etc. but the same error continues to pop up and forces the game to close. I am using Epic Games store and have no issues with any other games, including Subnautica:BZ.

Version: Jul-2020 65786
a3wky8sz6t0b.png

Comments

• narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    Did you restart your PC before the uninstall? Otherwise some files may still be running, and windows can't delete them. (On windows 10, make sure to restart, not shut down.)
  • dcblinddcblind USA Join Date: 2020-08-21 Member: 263462Members
    narfblat wrote: »
    Did you restart your PC before the uninstall? Otherwise some files may still be running, and windows can't delete them. (On windows 10, make sure to restart, not shut down.)

You are a life saver, thank you. I figured having shut down my pc that it would have been the same.
  • Swbo7Swbo7 Join Date: 2020-08-23 Member: 263513Members
    GOOD CALL. ANY IDEA WHERE TO FIND SAVED FILES ON A MAC? DON'T HAVE THE FOLDERS THAT THE TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE SAYS THEY'RE IN.