Below Zero features in OG Subnautica?

CrawmakCrawmak USA Join Date: 2016-07-07 Member: 219814Members
I was wondering if there are any plans to update classic Subnautica with some of the features of Below Zero when it's done. Things like the battery bars on the sides of the icons of powered items, that simply make the game a more enjoyable experience, yknow?
I'd also love to see some of the new base pieces added, like the large multipurpose room with its partitions, and (god, PLEASE) the multipurpose room glass dome, which was in concept art before Subnautica was even fully released.

I don't think adding these things would discourage people from buying Below Zero, as it has its own merit of a new story, new gameplay mechanics and features, and a new map to explore. But it would be an amazing treat for those of us who want to return to the original game.
Personally, I'd even be willing to buy it as a $5 DLC or something like that, but I don't know if most other people would be down with that particular concept.

Comments

• lonelywolflonelywolf Sweden Join Date: 2015-05-21 Member: 204737Members
    Subnautica is finished it is better too focus on Below zero instead of wasting time on a finished game that probably doesn't sell much any more.
  • CrawmakCrawmak USA Join Date: 2016-07-07 Member: 219814Members
    lonelywolf wrote: »
    Subnautica is finished it is better too focus on Below zero instead of wasting time on a finished game that probably doesn't sell much any more.
    I did say after Below Zero is is done.
  • HaliosHalios Oz Join Date: 2015-11-27 Member: 209514Members
    Crawmak wrote: »
    I don't think adding these things would discourage people from buying Below Zero, as it has its own merit of a new story, new gameplay mechanics and features, and a new map to explore.

The developers withholding these new features from the original game is deliberate. They don't want to give them away for free. They want people to buy and play BZ instead. There seems to be much less interest in BZ, for a variety of reasons.

That said I suspect that you're right and that those who haven't bought BZ for whatever reason aren't going to pushed into simply because of a few little extra features are held to ransom.

It would probably be incredibly easy to bring these features into the original game. For that matter it would probably be almost as easy to mod them in. Such mods couldn't be shared on sites like nexus because they incorporate assets from another game. Doesn't matter that it's owned by the same company. They'd swiftly kill those mods.

But my guess is that if the devs don't bring these features into the original game, some modders will do it anyway and share it "off the books". If they haven't already.