PRAWN Suit in Precursor Bases Becomes Stuck

GranistarGranistar Manchester, NH Join Date: 2019-08-11 Member: 254249Members
edited July 2020 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
I've redone three individual playthroughs in a row that each time when the PRAWN suit is in a Precursor building, the suit becomes "locked" in place, and when you exit the suit, you seem to be slightly clipped into the ground. Though you are still able to move, the character model size seems massively shrunk down, or you may actually be clipped into the ground about 2/3 of the character height in. I've successfully recreated twice with the following steps and it has occurred multiple times by walking around the Alien Facilities in PRAWN:
  1. Go to the Alien Power Facility
  2. Activate the teleporter
  3. Get into PRAWN
  4. Go through the teleporter
  5. Make your way to the building internal "Moonpool"
When you get near to the door way the PRAWN locks into place and cannot move at all. When exiting the prawn, the suit does not return to a "crouching" idle position as normal on dry land.
**Note** Character is able to enter and exit the PRAWN but when outside of it, eye level seems to be about even with the floor.

This same effect occurred while walking through the Alien Research Facility and the Sea Empress Containment Building.

Troubleshooting performed:
  • Verified that this is occurring in multiple "Dry" Alien facilities
  • Above steps occurred again after restoring the game from a previous save point
  • Recreated on new playthroughs
  • Attempted Warp and Movement console commands while in PRAWN and no effect (though I'm not 100% familiar with all console commands so syntax may have been incorrect. No error messages though)

System Information:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz, 4201 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Platform: Steam
Graphics: Name:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
Total Physical Memory 16.0 GB
Total Virtual Memory 18.3 GB

Comments

• SoggynoodlesTNTSoggynoodlesTNT Join Date: 2020-07-21 Member: 262683Members
    I can confirm this. I just finished my first playthrough a few days ago, and I had to reload multiple times due to my prawn suit not being able to move. Not sure there's much you can do about the prawn suit, but for clipping into the ground, that gets fixed if you enter water and then come back into the base.
  • VectronVectron USA Join Date: 2020-07-29 Member: 262854Members
    Had same issue, but was able to continue by pulling myself ahead with grappling hook. I suggest that is a workaround until they fix it.
  • GranistarGranistar Manchester, NH Join Date: 2019-08-11 Member: 254249Members
    Thanks Vectron for this information.

Granted it is a work around it interrupts the workflow/gameplay because now players have to have the grappling hook equipped onto their PRAWN to remedy a bug issue. I appreciate you finding that you can "recover" with this workflow though.
  • HowardEHowardE Tampa Join Date: 2020-08-04 Member: 263008Members
    Thanks for the information!