I'm disappointed in this game.

EliCVideogamerEliCVideogamer Join Date: 2020-05-08 Member: 260791Members
I just spent two hours playing this game, and fell through the world.

This is my second playthrough, and both playthroughs i've lost to game-breaking glitches.

Let me talk about those two hours.

The first half of an hour I spent travelling between my moonpool in the seatrader path and my base in the cove tree area. I was under the impression that I could only switch out the PRAWN upgrades in a moonpool because I was unable to unequip the upgrades due to a bug. After I realized this was the case, I spent the next half of an hour trying to collect the kyanite I had left in various bases before finally upgrading my prawn depth. I then went to the thermal plant for the first time in the playthrough and almost had a heart attack because I thought I got the glitch where the water disappears after entering the thermal plant, which is what I lost my last game to. Luckily I was wrong, but then after going and getting the Hatching Enzyme recipe, I spent the next hour searching for a sea crown seed. I kept forgetting to save, and I paid for it when I went through the mountain portal to get to the Containment Facility and fell through the ground and started infinitely falling. I quit the game around 2000 meters.

Please fix the game. I was actually having fun.

EDIT: by the way, I'm on xbox one x. I wasn't saving because it takes 5 minutes to save. At this point this game is more rage inducing than fortnite.

Comments

• QuartetapeQuartetape Germany Join Date: 2020-05-02 Member: 260578Members
    I know it's lame but i started cheating my prawnsuit back when it disappeared for no good reason. When I fell out of the level, i cheated and teleported back to a safe location. I think this is ok considering the state of this game. Safe your sanity :)
  • RegentRelics425RegentRelics425 Join Date: 2020-05-22 Member: 261265Members
    I have to make one comment before I can do what I got on this forum to do, so.....
  • SorenzorSorenzor Madrid, Spain Join Date: 2020-04-04 Member: 259618Members
    edited May 2020
    I finished the game 5 times already and never got any of those problems. My bugs are only in the final facility. But I play on pc. I suppose that some some problems are more common in different platforms.

I must say that... well... I am not trying to be rude but... didn't you try to actually explore the facility where the emperor is? The sea crown is there, it took me about 4 minutes to find it by pure luck the first time I got there. Emperor... crown... you know, it makes sense. Or maybe it's only me, every time I see a gap I need to explore it XD

And 5 minutes to save??? What the fuck man. This game seems to unplayable on xbox. Good to know.
  • EliCVideogamerEliCVideogamer Join Date: 2020-05-08 Member: 260791Members
    I should have explored the containment facility, but I'm heavily reliant on google and what I read said Dunes, Bulb Zone and Grassy Plateau caves. I found them in the caves, because i was scared of the dunes and hate the ampeels in the bulb zone.

It's only that long to save if the game has been played for 20+ hours and you haven't saved in the last half hour.
  • SorenzorSorenzor Madrid, Spain Join Date: 2020-04-04 Member: 259618Members
    edited May 2020
    I should have explored the containment facility, but I'm heavily reliant on google and what I read said Dunes, Bulb Zone and Grassy Plateau caves. I found them in the caves, because i was scared of the dunes and hate the ampeels in the bulb zone.

It's only that long to save if the game has been played for 20+ hours and you haven't saved in the last half hour.

Yeah, hundreds of hours here, saving just when I am gonna stop playing (except when I am gonna do something really dangerous). And I didn't find that problem. Players in xbox should ask for improvements. Anyway, I think that they put a new patch recently or they were about to do it. Hope it improves your experience.

I know it's too late, but I recommend you to not use google except when you have already tried something and failed or when you are experiencing important difficulties. The first time I got to the lost river I was lost as hell, I didn't know what to do. I had to watch a video in youtube to see what to do and then I went down there with the seamoth and some probes. I explored all the entrances until the great deku tree (however it's named) and put probes in the important passages.

That made the endgame so much easier. The only other hard part was finding the thermal plant, that took me half an hour after reaching that cave. Did you know that the dragon can eat your prawn in one bit? Yeah. I do now.

The experience of discovery is very important in the game, if you play below zero, you will probably be able to improve your experience a lot if you try more things by yourself. That's all the game is about, if you cheat about that, then the game makes very little sense.