Subnautica: Below Zero Frostbite Update - Subnautica

2»

Comments

• Cloudy412Cloudy412 gds Join Date: 2020-05-13 Member: 261003Members
    Always coming up with the best stuff! <3
  • EddyBrockZEddyBrockZ Mexico City, Mexico Join Date: 2020-04-22 Member: 260299Members
    I love the update, however im gonna keep waiting til they add the voicelines to play, cuz I feel like if I played it rn, when the voices come, id have to play it again XD
  • mzheinmzhein Myanmar Join Date: 2020-05-15 Member: 261073Members
    Hi Hopefully this message get passed to Jill, the lead narrative writer. I think there is a major disconnect between game-play and story. Let me elaborate that. In the Subnautica 1, the core game play is that you explore the ocean, go to other life pods, collect technology, dig metals and slowly descend into depth.

The character is unexpectedly crashed into an unknown planet and he has to do everything he can to go back to the civilization. So he has to gather scrap, make the most of the alien planet ecology, fish and gather food.

It makes perfect sense and there is a proper motivation for the character to try to understand the planet because his survival depends on it. It is possible that he may have to stay there forever. So for a player, it makes sense to build bases and wonder around aimlessly etc.

But with new story-line, the new character Robin is coming here to investigate what Alterra is doing with a crew stand-by in the space shop. Thus she has no motivation to survive or explore therefore why must she scan things and understand the planet at all? is it out of hobby?

obviously she needs to come prepare and I am very shocked that she barely has a protein bars. She should already be carrying guns and a few essential kits right? Shouldn't she already have a huge O2 breather? because she chose to come here and she must have some pre-existing knowledge of that planet. She has a crew up there with a spaceship so she came with the motivation of gathering intelligence from Alterra and get out. There is no case for her to build a base at all. Think about why Magarat built a base here. It is to stay.
  • SorenzorSorenzor Madrid, Spain Join Date: 2020-04-04 Member: 259618Members
    I have played a lot of hours during this update, but I never played before so I don't know what changed.

But I think I have seen most of what's here. I want to give my impressions.

1 Story
    The story is very hard to follow because there are not indicators. Marguerit told me to do something but I was unable to remember. Then suddenly I repaired something and by pure luck, that's what Marguerit wanted. I could have never discovered it.

I don't ask for an indicator for each quest, it's cool to explore. I just ask for some kind of reminder, and even some clue if some place is hard to find.

2 Creatures
    The creatures... I like the designs, but I think that with a few exceptions they are less creative and alien than the previous game. The black leviathan in the depths is cool, the first time I saw it I felt it strong. The other great creature is the giant jellyfish, the ventgarden or something like that. A jellyfish that's so big that you can get into it and out, and it has a garden inside. That's amazing.

3 Middle size enemies
    The medium type enemies are a problem however. There are too many of them, it's absurd. The ocean don't have that many big predators in the same place, it breaks the immersion. Even worse, they are stupid and keep attacking my seatruck, forcing me to repair it constantly. And they are faster than the seatruck at full speed so they will ALWAYS manage to hurt me. That didn't happen in the original subnautica, if you were skillful while driving the seamoth, you were able to evade most of the attackers.

4 Items and rooms
    Love the big rooms, love the jukebox (I use it most of the time). They should appear in the original subnautica too, I can't find a reason not to put them into the original game.

5 Seatruck
    The seatruck is amazing. It's like a submarine that you can customize. You can even develope some strategy to get the max advantage out of it. The bigger it is, the slower it becomes. What do you need more? A fabricator, or your jukebox? XD, Amazing way to add some custom choices to the game.

6 Starting the game
    The starting cinematic is OK, but I miss some small explanation. Once I fall to the water, at least my tablet should talk and give me some background. I like to explore without too many guides but at least some reason to care about my character.

7 Land mass
    Love the land. Miss more open spaces and less caves. I don't like to be lost and I am always lost every time I visit the land.

8 Temperature
    Love the temperature system. It gives the player a good reason to come back to the water, to not feel too safe in the land. That's a great idea.

9 Biomes
    A-FUCKING-MAZING. Love each one of them. They are so much more amazing than the ones in the original subnautica. My jaw dropped MANY times. When I saw the giant flowers in the dark depths, when I saw the crystal caves, when I saw the giant leviathan frozen, when I found myself lost during a storm, the bridges in the dark, the giant lilipads... so amazing. There are just too few of them, there are big empty sections in the map. I can't wait to see everything.

10 The hoverbike
    It's a lot of fun but I broke it the first time I used it. I think it should alert the player about the stats because it's a bit fragile and hard to drive. The land in the game is full of mountains, caves, etc... not the best place to use it. Sadly, it would require a bigger and more open land mass. I don't fully understand why they are fragmenting so much the land mass. They are trying to make it look bigger than it is, and I don't know, I think it wasn't necessary. I want to feel FREE, restricting me with another labyrinth doesn't make too much sense in my opinion. Just imagine being able to explore a huge open mass of frozen land, going everywhere in my hoverbike, instead of crossing 7 tunels in 7 different places, all the time to go from point A to point B.

I could talk much more but I am not sure this is the right place. Love the game, once it's finished I will recommend it to all my friends. Right now it feels too early access.
  • mr_reaperleviathanmr_reaperleviathan Join Date: 2020-05-26 Member: 261390Members
    can u please add 2 player, where one person is sam?
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    @mr_reaperleviathan they are not planning to make either Subnautica or Below Zero into multiplayer of any sort. Please see the pinned discussion for their reasons.
  • mr_reaperleviathanmr_reaperleviathan Join Date: 2020-05-26 Member: 261390Members
    JUst it should be included fo xbox gamepass.
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask or if it's been asked before, but I couldn't find the information anywhere.

Is there a change log somewhere of the mini-patches that go out with Experimental builds? I think it would be helpful to know so I can keep an eye out for those changes. Also I'm just a nerd and am curious what goes on behind the scenes. c.c
  • ElionelleElionelle Germany Join Date: 2020-06-25 Member: 262114Members
    When I build the Prawn Suit it gets stuck above the water so I have no chance to reach it. I reported the bug a couple times and a couple days ago ingame and nothing happens! Is there any progress in the development of this game?