Do the developers actually read anything here?

voodoojedizinvoodoojedizin USA Join Date: 2020-05-18 Member: 261148Members
How long does it take for the developers to fix a almost game breaking bug?

The bug I am talking about it is where the prawn suit, gets stuck on the floor in the alien laboratories.
There is a post here describing the problem by several people, and this has 572 views.
There are also multiple post's on the steam forums, with several people complaining about the problem there.
I feel this really needs to be sorted out quickly because the prawn suit is definitely needed to finish the game in this area.

The developers seem to spend more time with, their new game, and the Xbox version of subnautica, and have put the PC version behind them.
This bug did not always exist, I have played through the game several times and never encountered it.
People are saying that this started with the last big update months ago. You broke it now fix it.

Comments

• SorenzorSorenzor Madrid, Spain Join Date: 2020-04-04 Member: 259618Members
    In my opinion the developers have abandoned the original subnautica. The primary content facility is absolutely bugged, almost broken, apparently it has been that way for years. But they don't care because you still can finish the game so WHATEVER.

They have moved to the new game because they have money there to get. I understand it. I don't even blame them. It's sad but this is how the world works I suppose.
  • CptMJCptMJ SC Join Date: 2020-05-20 Member: 261205Members
    It's because you didn't say pretty please with a marble melon on top. That's why.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    They're still working on it. They updated to a new version of Unity, which probably allows more fixes, but unfortunately it broke some parts of the game. If you want to see the latest developer replies, they are at the top of the main Subnautica forum page (click here).
  • thatbishcarolbaskinthatbishcarolbaskin Join Date: 2020-05-17 Member: 261119Members
    I'm sure they do read these posts, thats how they get feedback right? probably a lot on their plate
  • gdot21gdot21 Join Date: 2020-05-19 Member: 261180Members
    I'm sure (I hope?) they are around reading
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Sorenzor wrote: »
    In my opinion the developers have abandoned the original subnautica. The primary content facility is absolutely bugged, almost broken, apparently it has been that way for years. But they don't care because you still can finish the game so WHATEVER.

They have moved to the new game because they have money there to get. I understand it. I don't even blame them. It's sad but this is how the world works I suppose.

We're still updating the original game. There are daily check-ins to the Steam Experimental version with fixes and optimizations. We're close to putting out a new patch on PC/Mac but it needs a bit more testing. Note, we recently put out a patch for Subnautica 1 on XboxOne which will be coming to PS4 and PC/Mac soon: https://unknownworlds.com/subnautica/subnautica-xbox-one-update-1-0-0-35/
  • SorenzorSorenzor Madrid, Spain Join Date: 2020-04-04 Member: 259618Members
    Obraxis wrote: »
    Sorenzor wrote: »

We're still updating the original game. There are daily check-ins to the Steam Experimental version with fixes and optimizations. We're close to putting out a new patch on PC/Mac but it needs a bit more testing. Note, we recently put out a patch for Subnautica 1 on XboxOne which will be coming to PS4 and PC/Mac soon: https://unknownworlds.com/subnautica/subnautica-xbox-one-update-1-0-0-35/

I am reading in other topic that the xbox version is far behind the pc version. I suppose that then it makes sense... I mean, makes sense that the primary containment facility is still broken after so many years in the pc version if the xbox version takes 5 minutes to save as some people say.
  • NansenNansen Join Date: 2017-06-02 Member: 230896Members
    Obraxis wrote: »

Will the new PS4 update try to fix that relative huge random portions of the map does not load when each time you enter the game? One time the whole floating islands mountain is not loaded in, somtimes large parts of ocean floor or walls are missing. Entering the Mushroom cave, 1/8 of the cave is not loaded in. I know this was a bug in the PC beta (might still be my PC can't play subnautica anymore), but never close to the exctent of the PS4 version.