Seatruck Scanner Module

GimboidGimboid France Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214956Members
Seatruck Scanner Module
  • Acts as a Mobile Scanner Room
  • Can deploy Drones to forward-scout caverns and use as waypoints
  • Can grant Sonar ability to Seatruck
  • Can highlight resources when you are using the scanner hud

This, to me would be the very most amazing addition to the sea-truck, make exploration really, really explorey, make resource farming 'missions' more fun and interactive.

Comments

• UUestleyUUestley US Join Date: 2020-05-03 Member: 260636Members
    I like the concept, but I feel like it would make more sense to have a mineral finder as an upgrade option for the Prawn Suit. A mobile scanner room seems a bit OP. But, if we can hold a mineral finder in our hand, then I it seems easy enough to port that to the Prawn Suit (which is used primarily for mining to begin with).
  • RossumRossum Join Date: 2019-07-12 Member: 253707Members
    I think for the seatruck, it would make more sense to skip the drones and just have the scanner send the info directly to the cockpit. So you can select a resource to scan for, get in the pilots seat, and then search for the minerals directly without having to first find them with the drones and then follow the drones like what you have to do with the regular scanner room.

Having the scanner directly linked to the seatruck's cockpit would basically streamline the resource gathering phase of the game. Once they build the seatruck and have a scanner, fabricator, and storage module. The player can scan for the resource they want, drive the seatruck to it, and then either put the resources in storage or use the fabricator to make use of it. For me, the drones are mainly used to safely search for resources without having to worry about oxygen. If you can bring your vehicle along, then oxygen is less of an issue.
  • GimboidGimboid France Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214956Members
    UUestley wrote: »
    I like the concept, but I feel like it would make more sense to have a mineral finder as an upgrade option for the Prawn Suit. A mobile scanner room seems a bit OP. But, if we can hold a mineral finder in our hand, then I it seems easy enough to port that to the Prawn Suit (which is used primarily for mining to begin with).

We could simply two-fold this, and add a HUD Upgrade module for the Prawn (which is lacking upgrade variety as it is).
    Rossum wrote: »
    I think for the seatruck, it would make more sense to skip the drones and just have the scanner send the info directly to the cockpit. So you can select a resource to scan for, get in the pilots seat, and then search for the minerals directly without having to first find them with the drones and then follow the drones like what you have to do with the regular scanner room.

Having the scanner directly linked to the seatruck's cockpit would basically streamline the resource gathering phase of the game. Once they build the seatruck and have a scanner, fabricator, and storage module. The player can scan for the resource they want, drive the seatruck to it, and then either put the resources in storage or use the fabricator to make use of it. For me, the drones are mainly used to safely search for resources without having to worry about oxygen. If you can bring your vehicle along, then oxygen is less of an issue.

The Drones would be fun, for scouting unknown areas ahead, before moving the seatruck down, compensate for the lack of cameras that the Cyclops had in SN.
  • GimboidGimboid France Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214956Members
    Further, after playing tonight, I would loave a "Seatruck Module Dock", a small extension you can build off the side of any room (like an airlock) that seatruck modules can be docked against, powering them and allowing you access to load/unload
  • JonpryJonpry Join Date: 2020-07-07 Member: 262380Members
    edited July 2020
    it would been very useful