Subnautica: Below Zero Frostbite Update - Subnautica

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond

imageSubnautica: Below Zero Frostbite Update - Subnautica

A new update is available for Subnautica: Below Zero Early Access. This update features the latest update to the story, as well as an all new intro cinematic. A reworked...

Read the full story here

Comments

• CaptainFearlessCaptainFearless CO, US Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224941Members
  • Ayden769Ayden769 Join Date: 2018-01-23 Member: 235495Members
    Helll to the yes, I am already downloading the update, thanks Subnuatica team for working so hard on this game, me and the community love you guys! <3
  • BorealisAuroraBorealisAurora Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada Join Date: 2020-04-30 Member: 260524Members
    edited April 2020
  • damien69damien69 Join Date: 2020-04-16 Member: 260084Members
  • LC_RoyalesLC_Royales Sweden Join Date: 2020-04-30 Member: 260526Members
    Can you put some of this in the first Subnautica? Like the big rooms and stuff.
  • BorealousBorealous Join Date: 2020-05-01 Member: 260532Members
    I'll get it when it's released. So done with any Early access
  • FreeziFreezi Norway Join Date: 2020-05-01 Member: 260538Members
    I'm really excited to see this cold mechanic finally in game. Thanks for the quality work even in these craziest of times :D
  • LeonardoFerraroLeonardoFerraro Join Date: 2020-02-21 Member: 258172Members
    perfect! is there a way to recover the save or is it lost forever? it annoys me having to start over! at this point I wait for the release of the full game!
    cmzd8cc7gpju.jpg
  • DeadSekterDeadSekter Vastu Khand, Gomti Nagar Lucknow Join Date: 2020-04-13 Member: 259984Members
    From where can I download the frostbite update ?
  • McDylanM06McDylanM06 UK Join Date: 2020-05-01 Member: 260542Members
    Is the game fully out yet? If so is it on xbox?
  • CocoshunterCocoshunter Switzerland Join Date: 2020-05-01 Member: 260550Members
    No voice output in the new update! I restart the game, but i dont have voice output :(
  • goodsoupgoodsoup Texas Join Date: 2019-09-18 Member: 254738Members
    Wonderful! Looks Incredible! Thank you for all your work and look forward to trying it all out!
  • BanzaiHeilBanzaiHeil Join Date: 2020-05-01 Member: 260565Members
    McDylanM06 wrote: »
    Is the game fully out yet? If so is it on xbox?

The first sentence in the same post you've asked this question reads "A new update is available for Subnautica: Below Zero Early Access." I think the keywords that answer your question would be "Early Access." :)
  • ElikalunaElikaluna Join Date: 2020-05-02 Member: 260590Members
  • WakeWake Join Date: 2003-03-05 Member: 14351Members, Constellation
    Woohooo. Since NS1, I can't believe how many hours of quality entertainment Unknow Worlds has provided :smiley:
  • ilm9001ilm9001 Join Date: 2020-05-02 Member: 260594Members
    How complete is the game now as a percentage? 20%? 30%?
  • ChuteEmUpChuteEmUp Join Date: 2020-05-03 Member: 260613Members
    So, done the update, NO voice, NO opening cinematic. Character just gets dumped into the starting basin with basic tools, zero story, zero explanation.
  • LeonardoFerraroLeonardoFerraro Join Date: 2020-02-21 Member: 258172Members
    After 10 hours of gameplay, there is nothing new in the story. I have visited many key points, and it all seems as before. I don't understand why say "new story" when there is nothing of history!
  • HaliosHalios Oz Join Date: 2015-11-27 Member: 209514Members
    edited May 2020
    No voice output in the new update! I restart the game, but i dont have voice output :(

I think that's very deliberate.

They would have paid quite a lot of money for the voice acting for the original dialog and it was just money pissed away. Both because the dialog was so awful and possibly the devs have also realised that maybe this is the kind of game where no voice-acted dialog is better. The original game certainly didn't need it.

Crash-on-alien-world-by-yourself survival games are the ultimate escapist fantasy for many players. Constant chatter doesn't enhance that.

And they might also wisely be considering allowing players to select their gender. Which, if they re-implement voice acting, would obviously need to be taken into account.
    After 10 hours of gameplay, there is nothing new in the story. I have visited many key points, and it all seems as before. I don't understand why say "new story" when there is nothing of history!

I just watched a 30 minute youtube video and saw enormous changes.

The whole premise has changed. This is no longer her and her sister working there together and one (you) have a terrible accident.

Now you've followed her and seemingly neither is a good and faithful employee of Alterra. It sounds like they have an agenda to uncover something. Suggesting that they're environmental activists or journalists.

Maybe you missed this because amongst the many big changes, the game no longer forces you along a narrow, linear story track. As in the original game, it seems to unfold organically as you explore the map.
  • ichika96ichika96 Join Date: 2020-05-04 Member: 260661Members
    Something that u kinda missed from the regular subnautica is that each biome had it's own enemies and creatures . From what I've seen of the updates for below zero most of the creatures are pretty passive . I realize they're should be more terrifying enemies when you go deeper ,but I'm just kinda hoping this game brings the same feeling of this alien ocean is terrifying ,and that you always have to keep a constant watch of what could get you. Because it was the mystery, beauty, horror and story that really made subnautica what jt was. I just have high expectations for the new game and hope its brings the same levels or more of the characteristics I mentioned .
  • ChudovishChudovish Ru Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219418Members
    Frostbite Update

No NAV-Points, just my SeaTruck, LifePod and beacons - clearly ununderstand what to do if you dont know where to look for resourses and piece of a story. Crashed storyline, Margarett lockdown her base after repairing the tower and say nothing what to do. Cant really say it have some changes in snow enviroment cause NO-NAV-POINTS!!! Yes, I know where to swim but why should I do that? Please repair it shortly - unplayable.

Creature agressive but not dangerous except the big one near purple vents - she clearly NOT WANT me to scan that wrecks. Early it swing in a lot more area, now it just attacking and cooldown, then attacking again and so on.

Materials. God please add recipe for sinthetic fiber. Outage of this makes me crazy till I cant fabricate the diver suit.

Still no depth upgrades for PRAWN (or I stupidly miss them in 30 gameplay hours) - its useless when its needed, most of materials piles lie deeper then the PRAWN can manage. And this is funny when you drag it to the 900 meters and its ok, but if you want to sit inside - BOOM!!! Maximum depth reached! Hull damage immanent. Maybe add specific voice message for Seatruck that alert you that your PRAWN will be destroyed if you go any deeper?

Text really clearer. But even then there is no describing text for 75% of scannable items. Is that stage is for postproduction?

Glad to uncover new story. Intro is really good. And new Robin are welcome - the old one was too rude and selfish, make things and spoke words not likely Alterra employee can afford like she was.
  • CataclysmicDuckCataclysmicDuck Salt Lake City Join Date: 2020-05-04 Member: 260658Members
    Not having indicators for where to go in for the story really drags my enjoyment down :/ I don't play creative for a reason, and not being able to tell what the hell I'm supposed to be doing is making me not want to play. I've sank 5~ hours into the game just exploring and that's fine and dandy - but I want some meat. I want the story back and it to be revamped just like the beginning was (great job on that by the way.) Any word on when the story indicators will be back would be awesome. Good job Unknown!
  • Shadowolf430Shadowolf430 United States Join Date: 2020-05-04 Member: 260675Members
    There are data downloads that do tell you where to go, but they are very unorganized. It would be appreciated if the codes & clues tab is added. The story seemed to stop after fixing the communications tower, but I think that it is probably just as far as they have so far. After fixing the communications tower I got a thing saying "Marguerit: Cryptic instructions to Greenhouse." That is as far as they have so far. I did go to the greenhouse because I knew where it was from the old story and the there is some dialog, but that is as far as I could get in this current update. The game is still amazing and I really enjoyed it. I just wish they would add way-points and the codes & clues tab. Thank you devs for your hard work :)
  • IzayuIzayu Izayu Join Date: 2020-05-08 Member: 260852Members
    I cannot hear any voice acting in the new update I just have to read the subtitles can somebody help me on this please.
  • shalltearshalltear jimmie5678765@gmail.com Join Date: 2020-05-09 Member: 260858Members
    its good and all shame they took out the speaking parts in this update though i enjoyed hearing the conversations between robin and ALAN guess gotta get used to no voice for them hopefully though they can put it in i dont like silence and just reading subtitles when previous versions had voice speaking
  • ArbitraryPandaArbitraryPanda Norway Join Date: 2020-05-09 Member: 260869Members
    Love the update and BZ in general! Here are my general points of feedback:
    • Game looks beautiful! It's even more beautiful and detailed than the original Subnautica.
    • Cold mechanics and changing weather conditions are welcomed additions.
    • Glacial Basin looks great, but there's currently not much to do there. Looking forward to see how land-gameplay evolves!
    • Termal Lily is stunning! :love:
    • Status indicators are great! Especially handy when picking which batteries to charge.
    • Like the ore veins. Thanks to them I'm more motivated to go on land.
    • The new Ice Worm animation with it eating the snow stalker is brutal! :# Well made!
    • Text looks great!

Lastly, I really really hope you guys implement a 'Pro HUD mode' (Like Breath of the Wild) which hides most of the overlays (beacons, vehicle markers, base markers etc.) that cloud up the scene realestate. Just notice how incredible screenshots look in the PDA compared to in-game. Imagen exploring the world of Subnautica Below Zero with minimal HUD overlays! It would really do a lot for the longevity of the game. Please Unknown Worlds, make this happen!

Keep doing what you're doing! Love all of you! <3
  • Reptilian94Reptilian94 Right Behind You Join Date: 2020-05-11 Member: 260934Members
    Any news for the Xbox players?
  • ikvsabreikvsabre Join Date: 2020-03-07 Member: 258576Members
    Not sure if this is the place to post this, so if not, please direct me there. Not a bug report, just an issue with the update.

WAY too many Snow Stalkers now. They're everywhere, about 3 times as many as before. And they're more aggressive. I like a challenge, but it's become impossible to get anything done.
  • ikvsabreikvsabre Join Date: 2020-03-07 Member: 258576Members
    As a side note, the new story is dull so far. I was enjoying the previous story, and this one seems like the first game. I already crash landed on a planet. I was really into the something different of the earlier story.
  • FootureFooture Swiss Join Date: 2020-04-21 Member: 260260Members
    edited May 2020
    So, after 30h of playtime, here are my suggestions:

-Subnautica is an Underwater Game. Please, add more Content Underwater. I dont want to spend half of the time on an island.

-Give each Biome more Space. Subnautica, the first Game, had open-wided Bioms and most of them where around 0-500m deep. SubZero, on the other Side, isnt that deep and most Biomes are pretty small.

-Less Cryptosuchus in the thermal Vent. There are just too much and loud. The Sub counterpart are Sandshark.

-In Sub1 i had much more Hours to spend on finding Titanium, Copper and most important, fragments. I had to spend almost 3-4 hours to find all pieces for Seaglide, Lasercutter, Seamoth and all other Earlygame Tools. In Sub2 you can find anything, including Fabricator and Storage Modul, for the Seatruck in the deep twisty bridges. The same with prawn suit. I can have it in almost 3 hours. It is a Midgame Vehicle, not an early game. Remove 1-2 from the mining Site and put it in, idk tree Spires.

I didnt mentioned things like the story. The game isnt finishd yet.
    I hope that i pointed the best from Sub1 with it. The Things that make it that good.
    In Sub1, you havend that much threadened enemies, the 3 different sharks arent that scary, but reaper/ghost/dragon leviathan and Crabshquid are. The fact, that they only spawn in certain Biomes and they bevaivore matches perfectly.

Please, unknown World, focus more on the Things that made Sub1 that good and Sub2 will that be too!
    I adore this game. Sub1 is and will be one of my most favorite game and i want that Sub2 will become one of them too.

Thanks for reading.

(Sorry for my bad english. Im not an english native)