Controller Not working on Mac

VachVach Join Date: 2016-08-07 Member: 221054Members
Hello! I am having game-ending controller/Gamepad issues on Mac OS X. I have an Xbox 360 and Xbox One controller, and regardless of setup, as soon as I hit "enable" in the controller controls menu, I basically lose control of everything and have to Command + Q to force the game to quit. The mouse even gets trapped in the middle and I can't select options.

When no controllers are connected, mouse and keyboard work, but that is not a playable option for me. Is there a fix for this I am not aware of? If I enable the controller after starting the game with the mouse and keyboard, the sticks get locked and the game thinks the triggers are "look up" and I stare at the ceiling. Also forcing me to Command + Q.

I have a brand new iMac with plenty powerful enough hardware. Are controllers not supported on Mac?

I also cannot access the launcher indicated in the troubleshooting guide. Holding Option does nothing, even when running the app directly.

Help. :(

Comments

• VachVach Join Date: 2016-08-07 Member: 221054Members
    Update: I tested this on my Windows side and got exactly the same errors. This is the latest build released on steam (July). Let me know if you need more specific information.
  • LeidiJLeidiJ Join Date: 2020-03-31 Member: 259406Members
    I'm having the same issues did you ever find out how to fix yours so it worked?
  • ignition7ignition7 Join Date: 2020-04-05 Member: 259643Members
    I have also problems with my Xbox One controller, either wireless or with cable. The problem is that buttons are detected wrongly, for example A button is B, and some D-Pad buttons are the menu or window button (typically select or start in other controllers), the rest of the buttons are strange. The thing is that there is no way I can use the controller and I wanted to play from the sofa. I bought this game because it said that had controller support, still I haven't been able to play it because is completely broken with the controller.

All other games work properly, in some games happens that wireless is not detected so I use the cable and works. But this in game has this bug that makes it unplayable.

Note:
    I use this driver when using the cable: github[dot]com/360Controller/360Controller
  • FrankMcSherryFrankMcSherry Join Date: 2020-04-11 Member: 259921Members
    I had this problem, but found that it was resolved by using Big Picture mode. So, launching Subnautica that way meant that I could use the controller. Unfortunately, I could only get the up, down, and left inputs to do anything. No buttons seemed to have any effect, except the shoulder buttons which seemed to act like maybe tab (they moved the focus around). Unusable for me in this state. Other games work fine (e.g. Borderlands 2 which I just tested).

Almost four years without a response is a bad look for the dev though.
  • ignition7ignition7 Join Date: 2020-04-05 Member: 259643Members
    Indeed it's very bad they don't fix it and just ingore us. I regret buying the game completely.
  • jeffersdingdongjeffersdingdong Los Angeles Join Date: 2020-04-29 Member: 260485Members
    I'm having the same issue - can someone from Unknown Worlds respond to this? Why doesn't the controller work?
  • d2clond2clon Join Date: 2020-07-17 Member: 262601Members
    This is very annoying and is ruining the whole game experience for me :/

I am using:

- Mac
    - Steam (big screen)
    - Xbox one wireless controller

Everything works perfectly for other games for the this the buttons just react randomly