Subnautica Update 85 Released - Subnautica

1235»

Comments

• chtsta88chtsta88 United States Join Date: 2018-06-28 Member: 241776Members
    My game won’t sync online it asks if I want to try again and sync data or play offline I played offline yesterday and it didn’t save any of my progress, the error code was 0x83860012 I contacted Microsoft to troubleshoot the problem and we didn’t get nowhere this was the only game I have the issue with
  • rosskastinrosskastin United States Join Date: 2018-04-22 Member: 240235Members
    So I still have no response from the message I wrote below from June 15th but newer posts have been answered. Why is this??? I just want to be able to play this game and finally complete it but I can not get help from anyone or anywhere. Please help me and answer. ty.
  • NomanNoman Cape Town Join Date: 2018-02-26 Member: 238313Members
    i have stopped playing till it's out in full on the X. Game is brilliant but I want the achievements system in place. I am not going to spend another +50 hours replaying as the survival exploratory wonder experience has for the most been had

maybe if Dev can confirm X enhancement and some new areas........ :wink:
  • AlmostpilotAlmostpilot Brazil Join Date: 2017-09-06 Member: 232833Members
    How about you try fixing some of the vr bugs that have gone unchecked for so long

Really would be very good this, especially with regard to mouse and keyboard. VR version need some love too.

• killcraftkillcraft Join Date: 2017-06-05 Member: 230964Members
    Hey just wanted to let you guys know that you made it to where people can get your soundtracks free. All they need to do is go into the game files and find a certain file. I found the file when I was exploring code for some hidden stuff for Arctic dlc.
  • HumbleSageHumbleSage United States Join Date: 2018-02-06 Member: 237023Members
    SMH.. The large deposits scanner room bug STILL isn't fixed. The Devs should be fixing this at the core and not relying on mods to solve this type of problem because the mod doesn't always work.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    HumbleSage wrote: »
    SMH.. The large deposits scanner room bug STILL isn't fixed. The Devs should be fixing this at the core and not relying on mods to solve this type of problem because the mod doesn't always work.

Probably main focus right now is getting it running on the newest Unity engine (Unity 2018? I forget), and then fixing bugs after. No point fixing it all up and then re-doing all of that when it breaks again thanks to the new engine.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited July 2018
    Back to @chtsta88: Syncing of game data is all on Microsoft's end I'm afraid.
  • X_pv2X_pv2 Malta Join Date: 2018-07-24 Member: 242440Members
    Hello, I have been getting hurt when I get out of the seamoth and once died for no reason had full health, can you arrange which direction the player gets out because I think I`m getting hurt with the seamoth. please and thanks
  • BlueBottleBlueBottle Australia Join Date: 2018-02-03 Member: 236674Members
    Hey @X_pv2,

Sometimes your character receives damage when exiting the Seamoth at speed. I think this done is by design.
  • CamTrieuCamTrieu Vietnam Join Date: 2018-07-31 Member: 242583Members
    Sorry but this game still not optimize? I was try many way to fix "drop fps" and this game just run max 45fps, sometimes drop to 15fps. I don't think my pc not strong enough to run this game. I update lastest driver of GPU, CPU. And, I try to set low graphic but not thing change. So boring.
  • DotnettexDotnettex Houston, TX Join Date: 2018-08-03 Member: 242628Members
    Hey, Guys! Update 85 is getting too unbearable to play, and enjoy. I know your testing the new Unity engine, but I'm going to have to quit playing until you guys do some optimization.

I have my settings (and resolution) dialed WAY back, and the framerates and frequent 1-2 second freezes are a pain. Keep in mind that my system motherboard is an ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, with an i7 8700K and 32GB of 3200 DDR4 memory. I am running dual GTX-1080's with 6GB each in SLI, with on a 4K 28" monitor. There isn't a game I have that I cannot run in ULTRA 4K, except for yours. And my collections include Battlefield 1 & 4, Battlefront II, Fallout 4, Call Of Duty WWII, and the like. So that means you have some SERIOUS optimization issues.

If you're using DX12, then you should allow the user to dial back to DX11. This would make a HUGE difference (because Microsoft is full of it when they say DX12 is more efficient and faster!). I have to do this on Battlefront II (1. because DX12 drops frames like crazy, and 2. EA still has not fixed their DX12 issues). Now the game runs @ 60fps constant @ ULTRA on DX11.

I know your wanting to weed out the bugs, but please remember we PAID for this game! We understand it's still in pre-release, but PLEASE. Besides the fps and freezing, there are graphic bugs STILL. The water surface cuts through the Cyclops when it's surfaced. And if you build your pod close to the surface, it will cut through the very top of the tube passages.

Marine life still swim through the pods from time to time, and (which is physically impossible) you can place a hatch on the roof of a tube passage while it's submerged (that one made me chuckle a bit).

We've been waiting and waiting, for XBOX and PC... please finish the game and fix the issues, before your user base abandon you like they did PUBG.

Thanks for the great work so far, and when finished this could be the first triple A game on the Unity engine (I don't count Fortnight, as Epic I'm sure is not use a STOCK engine).

Have a great Weekend!
  • DotnettexDotnettex Houston, TX Join Date: 2018-08-03 Member: 242628Members
    edited August 2018
    Okay. I think I found the solution, at least this worked for me and solved 95% of the issues (including the intermittent freezes and frame drops).

I found this posting on YouTube that I followed (to a point) :

The FIRST thing I did was check the update logs for Subnautica on Steam, and they were empty. Not a single update listed. So I was probably running some outdated code. I totally uninstalled Subnautica, then reinstalled it from Steam.

Following that, I followed the instructions in the YouTube post (to a limited extent). Here are the specific things I did in the post:

1. I installed the x32 and x64 VC 2017 C++ Redist (if you already have this, choose UPDATE). Don't reboot after install.. not yet!

2. Downloaded the 'Subnautica FPS Increase by Panj' zip that he includes in the link, and replaced the files he said to (calm down, they're just JSON script files).

3. Set the Steam properties to include the '-nolog' command in the startup.

4. Downloaded 'CpuCoreParking3' and checked my CPU Core parking status (All were already enabled and running at 100 %).

5. Changed my SubNautica settings back to HIGH everything, turned off BLOOM (don't care for it) and set the AA buffers to FXAA from TAA. Set Motion Blur to Medium (personal preference) and decided to have the screen set at 1440 (2K). 4K is obviously better, but 2K looks good too!

6. Rebooted (as the VC 2017 C++ redist install initially wanted to).

Remember I had everything previously dialed WAY back to minimum just to make things tolerable. Now (after this fix) everything runs GREAT, and at a framerate of 56-60 FPS constant (no freezes). It could still use some optimizing (looks beautiful @ 4K).. but that may be the Unity engine.

Hope this helps everyone.
  • Glitchrr36Glitchrr36 Join Date: 2018-08-09 Member: 242748Members
    Still pretty new, but I think it's weird that you can't access the upgrades or storage on the PRAWN suit from the Moonpool.
  • BlueBottleBlueBottle Australia Join Date: 2018-02-03 Member: 236674Members
    edited August 2018
    Me too. It's one of those unfortunate things that leaves the base game with an unfinished feel - awesome as it is.
  • MazzyMazzy Australia Join Date: 2018-03-11 Member: 238890Members
    edited August 2018
    Whoops wrong place. :)
  • tomerelbaztomerelbaz israel Join Date: 2017-02-16 Member: 227988Members
    How I get ARCTIC EXPANSION
  • tomerelbaztomerelbaz israel Join Date: 2017-02-16 Member: 227988Members
    When ARCTIC EXPANSION Come to us
  • OneradloganOneradlogan Hines oregon Join Date: 2018-08-23 Member: 242990Members
    Dear subnautica developers,
    I think I speak for all of us fans out there when I say you should make a large submarine that can hld a cyclops and a seamoth along with a exosuit. If you wish to contact me my email is loganradinovich@icloud.com

Best regards, Logan
  • IronXgamesIronXgames Join Date: 2020-04-17 Member: 260141Members
    does any one know what happened to the Terra former or why it was removed??????
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    Terraformer created huge savefiles and corrupted saves. Last I checked, you could still cheat in the Terraformer (item 514) but the terrain changes don't save.