[Crash] Crash upon saving the game

vak14vak14 Join Date: 2020-04-07 Member: 259735Members
Hello!

I play on PC(Windows 10 Pro) through Epic Games. When I try saving, the game stops responding and a window with Subnautica's icon with an exclamation mark and a loading bar shows up and the game closes afterwards. The first time this happened was when I tried saving in my base and nothing seemed out of the ordinary. I've tried all the tips from the troubleshooting thread and nothing worked.

DxDiag: https://pastebin.com/wVLrhpdS
Log: https://pastebin.com/8x06atuw
*note - both logs are from recreating the issue and not when it happened the first time

I would appreciate any help or advice!

Comments

• PkkuPkku Join Date: 2020-04-09 Member: 259836Members
    Did you find a fix?
  • arctiicanarctiican Join Date: 2020-04-10 Member: 259874Members
    I wonder if you found a fix as well, my PC hard crashes if I attempt to save after around 20 total minutes of play time. (I save often)
  • vak14vak14 Join Date: 2020-04-07 Member: 259735Members
    Thought I'd update with what fixed it / solved it for me:

If you, like me, tried all the cache clearing guides and reinstalled and updated drivers and etc etc but nothing worked, what I then did was update my BIOS.

After updating my BIOS, the game would still crash suddenly when trying to save after a while. So I uninstalled, then manually went and deleted whatever residual game folders were left. Even ones that were hidden, had to google those ones. With a restart and then a fresh install, it seems like I'm in the clear so far.
  • vak14vak14 Join Date: 2020-04-07 Member: 259735Members
    Oh yeah, I forgot to update! What fixed it was switching user accounts on Windows. In my case, I had to create a new one since the one I was using got corrupted.
    Cool it worked for you.

My fix wasn't as permanent as I thought, got about 9 hours of playtime in and the same thing started happening again.
  • SchrittmacherSchrittmacher Germany Join Date: 2020-06-27 Member: 262153Members
    edited June 2020
    Hey I'm new here in the forum and greetings first all ... I currently play Below Zero now have 103 hours of play and love Subnautica and Below Zero. So now to the problem, when I played the New Salad Update yesterday there was suddenly a crash in the game. Since it's early access, I wasn't surprised, so Game turned on again and then came the shock. Score is damaged stand in the selection after it was reloaded, no matter eight I'll just load it. In the game, everything was just away from the savegame. Of course, I was extremely annoyed because I had the day before. After the update was online had been ripping all night. So first look for a solution. Since I still haven't understood if and how to save the savegame, I just ask here in the forum if it is possible to save the savegame by means of the batch files, and whether i could perhaps help or explain how to do it. I watched a few tutorials on Youtube, and read through many tutorials and comments. But somehow I don't quite understand how to do it. Contacted support and wait for a response. I have not deleted anything all crash reports and files that might be important, together searched pictures made and saved. I haven't changed anything about the files or the files or the game. Everything is untouched just with a savegame about a month old to watch if the game is still running or crashing again. I hope there is someone here who can help me, I attach a pair of pictures and the staff log. If this is not enough or something is missing, I can send it immediately afterwards. Didn't want to fumble too much in the game folder so as not to make it worse. So if I can help i would be very grateful I have put a lot of time into the game so would be a great pity about it. I'm waiting now and I hope you can get it back. So please just get your PC in your sights. Thank you in advance for the multi-loan.

Greetz Björn

431qchjijscf.png
    dlnnnr1184w4.png