Below Zero's Music

SleeperLeviathanSleeperLeviathan Join Date: 2019-02-01 Member: 249992Members
I have completed Subnautica three times. What kept me playing while I would normally have turned it off from the fatigue of an hours long game session was the music. While the music I have heard in Below Zero thus far is not bad by any standard, it has not had the same effect on me. The upbeat parts of Subnauticas soundtrack were more energizing, and the slower, hypnotic tracks were more relaxing. The music really stands out and while Below Zero so far has adequate music, I don't feel it is improved with it.

Outside of the music, I think Below Zero is a big improvement. I especially enjoy the increased variety of threats from the animals and plants.

Comments

• lor360lor360 Join Date: 2019-02-03 Member: 250304Members
    The person who made the original amazing Subnautica music got fired for the political beliefs on his private Twitter account. Honestly I don't think that was fair of them.
  • SleeperLeviathanSleeperLeviathan Join Date: 2019-02-01 Member: 249992Members
    lor360 wrote: »
    The person who made the original amazing Subnautica music got fired for the political beliefs on his private Twitter account. Honestly I don't think that was fair of them.

That's very unfortunate. The music was excellent.
  • Toast1833Toast1833 UK Join Date: 2020-03-23 Member: 259073Members
    Yeah I love the subnautica music track and was sad to see that he got fired. Just finished the game the other day and the music was one of the best parts of it imo.
  • MsCendeMsCende Pacific Northwet Join Date: 2016-12-27 Member: 225534Members
    lor360 wrote: »

Well, the problem is, no matter how many disclaimers a person puts up about "views are my own and do not reflect upon my employer" and similar things, people will invariably still see them as... well, reflecting on the employer, or speaking for the employer.

That means you get folks responding with "OH, I don't want to buy $Employer's games because they are racist" or "I'd never work for $Employer because they're all anti-women" and other, similar things. The company has to protect their own reputations, so if someone says something that can come back to negatively reflect on the company, the company generally feels the need to take steps.

Thing is, people have been getting fired for ages for having opinions different than those officially espoused by the company they work for, it's just never been as easy to comment on and complain about before. It's also never before been so incredibly easy to forget this fact and say something you will probably regret later.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    Also, the person allegedly offended others at their workplace in other incidents.
  • JAZZYFORSUBNAUTICAJAZZYFORSUBNAUTICA Join Date: 2018-05-01 Member: 240453Members