[Bug] Prawn Suits still can glitch through ground and other objects

2»

Comments

• SAUnknownSoldierSAUnknownSoldier Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2482Members
    My first ever playthrough, on PC, Epic Store version if that matters. I am having the issues with walking a PRAWN around alien bases, and the knee-high player height when exiting the PRAWN in the bases. I went through one of the gates in the PCF and saved my game on the other side. Unfortunately I can't load that game now without falling through the world. Tried WARPME to get back to base, which works, but I can't swim anywhere. Leaving a hatch, dropping from a moon pool, even jumping into a SeaMoth and back out, nothing works. I just fall to the sea floor as soon as I hit water. If anyone knows of a workaround I'd love to hear it.
    I was able to fix my game by using WARPME to get back to the lifepod, then WARPFORWARD towards where my PRAWN beacon was showing - 1500+ meters away. When I warped forward I ended up in water and was suddenly swimming. Then I used GOTO to get back to the facility I was last in and walked back to my PRAWN. So far everything is working properly again (although still with the glitch PRAWN base walking, so I'm just leaving it out in the water). Hopefully this helps someone else who got stuck in the falling-through-the-world save loop.
  • BlodoBlodo Join Date: 2020-02-26 Member: 258296Members
    edited February 2020
    So this bug with the PRAWN suit and alien bases is really horrible, especially considering that you need to actually be able to use it in there with a particular need in the primary containment facility.

It can trigger on any change in elevation, this being either a ramp or even any of the tiny steps that are all over the alien base floors. If you strafe the suit while moving on a ramp (use A or D) the likelihood of the glitch is highly increased. The suit is then stuck, you can rotate it or you can exit the vehicle and re-enter but it still won't move. Every time this happens the only way for me to free myself without using console commands is to save the game, reload, then exit the suit as soon as the game loads before the physics glitch sends me flying off the map, including through walls and other meshes.

But honestly this is really gamebreaking. As I'm writing this post this has happened over 10 times to me already, twice in the alien thermal facility and the remaining in the containment facility. It's currently glitched beyond all reason, is anything going to happen with this or have the devs moved on completely to the sequel? The player character glitching through the floor to half height also happens for me by the way, only way to fix that is to go swim somewhere and then come back.
    I found that using jumpjets and grapple allowed me to navigate the bases and finish the game. Grapple your way up ramps by targeting a far wall, and jump jet over and down them whenever possible. If you do get stuck try to grapple to another elevation change and it often resets you. If you have to be on foot park your PRAWN suit out in the water and re-enter the base on foot. And yes, whatever you do do NOT save your game when you are in the prawn suit but not in water. It's a PITA to recover from. See my post above for how I was able to work around that in case it does happen to you.

Not ideal but it should allow people to progress until the devs fix this.
  • lilmoustenlilmousten Join Date: 2020-04-25 Member: 260396Members
    Hello... it's 2020, I bought that game, and i am experiencing similar things as peoples said in this thread. I just can't use the Prawn Suit because when i fall.... I FALL. like literally throught the maps, and man, let me tell, this is fricking me out.... I'm already scared to go deep in the muggy water and now I fall throught the ground into the abysss darkness. I almost shat myself. x') No but more seriously.

WTF ?!

Like i can't play the game because they can't fix their bug for 2 years.... I'm just a poor customer that kinda got scammed isnt it ? Can i have a refund. Because you sold me a game that isn't playable. I'd like an answer from some dev if possible, they haven't answered this thread for years like they ignoring the problem... and solved nothing... :/
  • lilmoustenlilmousten Join Date: 2020-04-25 Member: 260396Members
    edited April 2020
  • ElionelleElionelle Germany Join Date: 2020-06-25 Member: 262114Members
    I have the problem that, when I build the prawn suit it stucks in the middle of the air and does not fall into the water like the sea truck. I cannot reach it. It tried a couple times to build it, but every time it is the same. I tried different spots... What is the problem with the suit.
  • usermcnameusermcname Join Date: 2020-06-25 Member: 262126Members
    WTF... these game breaking PRAWN suit bugs have been reported for years. Literally makes the end game unplayable. How are you guys going to put all your efforts into a new game when the original is still unplayable in end game. Think about all these people that have put hours into the game, just to have it break as soon as they are about to finish. I fly through the map every time I load. Thought I could fix that by spawning a new PRAWN suit, but nope, same problem as soon as I go back to that structure in the lava zone. It's a shame; this was one of my favorite games until now :/
  • usermcnameusermcname Join Date: 2020-06-25 Member: 262126Members
    madsauce wrote: »
    Is anyone having this issue on PC right now? We have some improvements to the world streaming that should help out on the console side(in the next patch), and an unrelated(similar symptom) where freshly constructed PRAWNs should no longer fall through the world(along with other droppable items). These are being tested now, and will be in the next console patch.

Trying to get attention of Subnautica devs... are you guys ever going to fix this on PC??? June 2020 and this is still an issue
  • Arc_11Arc_11 UK Join Date: 2020-07-21 Member: 262671Members
    Still happening July 2020! First prawn suit got pushed through floor by monster.
  • bbutterrbbutterr Join Date: 2020-07-27 Member: 262825Members
    I am literally on the verge of tears, I spent SO MANY hours playing through survival and as soon as I got through drilling the ion deposit in the thermal base my prawn suit glitched me and itself through the floor and now I am stuck there with no way out. Everyone is saying this bug is game breaking and I am so devastated. :(
  • PaoviPaovi France Join Date: 2020-07-30 Member: 262882Members
    edited July 2020
    Attempted to finish the game yesterday the 29th July 2020 and guess what...the same Prawn Suit bugg glitched me through the walls and sea bed right before using enzymes to cure the infection...
    Now my game is completely stuck, can't go any further... i tried quitting the game and logging back in and now... what's supposed to be water is actually breathable air!
    My prawn suit is stuck 100 meters over me in the air and i can't take it back.
    This is very disapointing after 30 hours of gameplay... This is unacceptable knowing that this bug has been reported many times in the past!!
    Devs can you please unblock me and allow me to finish your game?
    I was very excited about bying Below Zero after i finish Subnautica...well i'll have to reconsider now. I refuse to spend money on unfinished games

Please fix this for me and i will definitely buy it and keep playing :)
  • HowardEHowardE Tampa Join Date: 2020-08-04 Member: 263008Members
    I want to play it now. Do you have any advice for the beginners?
  • hartkitthartkitt USA Join Date: 2020-12-16 Member: 266099Members
    edited December 2020
    December 2020 and just had prawn disappear into the sand next to the gun facility on PS4. I no longer save anywhere but in my original life pod because of save glitches ( a whole other annoyance!) so I only save at the end of each session. Started out with the glitch in which the prawn can't walk in the alien facility and managed to haul it out with grappling arm. Parked it on the beach, saved and quit.

Next day came back and the prawn icon is showing it as sitting there but it's either invisible or inaccessibly sunken in the sand. Tried random firing with propulsion cannon to see if I could pull it out of whatever dimension it got stuck in but no luck.

Because of the save issue I copy all my saves to USB so I'm going to abandon the last day's progress and go back to my previous save but this gets annoying after a while.

This game is pathetically full of glitches. There shouldn't be entire genres of videos and forums for people looking for workarounds for known issues.

Update: I went back two days in my saves and finally got the prawn suit into the thermal plant, mined the ion cubes, opened the portal and went back to gun island. Hauled myself out of every "stuck in the floor" glitch with the grappling arm and left through the moon pool to avoid the "prawn suit gets stuck in the elevator" glitch and as soon as I hit the beach on the gun island the game hit an error and quit. So all progress lost. Again. Next try I'm going to NOT take the prawn through the portal but at what point is this not worth it anymore?

• narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    edited December 2020
    @hartkitt hopefully this makes it easier:
    virtualdon wrote: »
    The patch passed certification with Sony and we've just released it: https://unknownworlds.com/subnautica/subnautica-playstation-update-1-12-released/
  • B_CadeB_Cade WA State Join Date: 2020-04-09 Member: 259834Members
    Nope. I'm on my PS4 right now.

Currently I'm inside the big gun building, right next to the teleporter which heads down to the lava power plant. Prawn won't budge an inch and its not in a wall or on an incline, but the solid flat surface of the floor. And it's done the same thing with the power plant as well (I ended up just giving up and reloading, thankfully I'd saved at my moonpool).

Seriously, it's been 3 years, and Below Zero is at the end of the month - am I going to have to expect it to be just as bad? Because if so, I'm not even going to bother with the Prawn.

Okay, figured one workaround, going through the teleporter and back. That gets it to move again.
  • movielover57movielover57 Join Date: 2021-03-17 Member: 268349Members
    My boyfriend and I have been playing Subnautica recently. He introduced me to the game. So I'm relatively new to it. I've been enjoying it for the most part. But the last week or so, as we've gotten toward the end of the game, we've been experiencing this glitch. The prawn suit keeps falling through the world. Sometimes, we manage to land in the Lava Zone and are able to save it from falling further. Other times we have to go back to our last save and start over. It's so frustrating! I know Unknown Worlds is working on a new game, but if they could fix the bugs in their original game, it would really be appreciated! I've heard Subnautica is coming to the Nintendo Switch soon. I was considering buying it for myself and my younger brother on the Switch, but now I'm not so sure I want to spend the money. :/
  • CDRG7CDRG7 Join Date: 2020-03-16 Member: 258819Members
    The prawn suit is still having glitches in the PCF, quite bad at times. I jump over any edges and even incline changes and still get stuck, requiring going to last save. Will this be addressed? I no anger bother to bring the Prawn into the PCF for the first part. However it is needed for the hatching enemy resources searches. Those are made quite tricky by this glitch.