Subnautica: Below Zero Lost Ship Update - Subnautica

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond

imageSubnautica: Below Zero Lost Ship Update - Subnautica

A new Early Access update for Subnautica: Below Zero is now available. Check out the Lost Ship Update Site to get the all the details! Your adventures will take you...

Read the full story here

Comments

• DestherDesther Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165195Members
    My game options have been reset and my savegame isnt appearing in the menu. I can still see SNAppData\SavedGames\slot0000 has files there
  • DaSavageOne588DaSavageOne588 United States of America Join Date: 2019-07-17 Member: 253782Members
    @Desther When a new update comes out, your save game gets erased I think
  • DestherDesther Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165195Members
    @Desther When a new update comes out, your save game gets erased I think

I've had the same save file since June 19 (bought from epic) and it has worked after every update
  • virtualdonvirtualdon Join Date: 2019-11-22 Member: 255783Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Confirm Email, Subnautica Developer
    edited February 2020
    Desther wrote: »
    My game options have been reset and my savegame isnt appearing in the menu. I can still see SNAppData\SavedGames\slot0000 has files there

@Desther, could you send us some more information? We'd really love to get a better idea of what's going on.

Could you send your log files and save games to subnautica-support@unknownworlds.com

Zipped up saved games (slotXXXX in snappdata/SavedGames/ folders in Steam) and also log files (player.log in C:\Users\<yourName>\AppData\LocalLow\Unknown Worlds\Subnautica Below Zero)

Thank you!
  • virtualdonvirtualdon Join Date: 2019-11-22 Member: 255783Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Confirm Email, Subnautica Developer
    @Desther, we've found a work around.

Copy your old game 'slotXXXX' folders from 'C:\Program Files\Epic Games\SubnauticaBelowZero\SNAppData\SavedGames' to 'C:\Users\YOURNAMEHERE\AppData\LocalLow\Unknown Worlds\Subnautica_ Below Zero\SubnauticaZero\SavedGames' and that should resolve the issue.
  • YounghippieYounghippie Germany Join Date: 2018-08-12 Member: 242812Members
    The story is good . I don´t need a new story. I like the story as it was in the begining of the early access.
  • DemadazzzDemadazzz France Join Date: 2020-02-20 Member: 258095Members
    Same problem, folks, I've got a file in the save game fold but no ingame save. :neutral:
  • NeolitNeolit Russia Join Date: 2020-02-20 Member: 258100Members
    Please make it possible to remove the speaker’s picture in the upper left corner during dialogs. And so in the game there is some kind of cartoon!!!!!
  • Simi_SlakkinenSimi_Slakkinen Join Date: 2019-12-08 Member: 256236Members
    edited February 2020
    Yep that's all well and good but can you please fix the Xbox sync error 0X83860012 in the original game which prevents saves being synced to the save cloud. Had to swap consoles and now can't access my save, it's been a known problem for over a year.
  • HerobrinesbestminionHerobrinesbestminion Join Date: 2019-12-07 Member: 256209Members
    can't wait for the new story...
  • EdenFoxeEdenFoxe WA Join Date: 2020-02-20 Member: 258088Members
    I'm having the same issue as Desther- save disappeared from the load menu. The solution offered above won't work for me because I don't have the same pathways on my machine. If anyone can help I will be eternally grateful.
  • LeonardoFerraroLeonardoFerraro Join Date: 2020-02-21 Member: 258172Members
    hi, I also have the same problem! I tried to look for folders on my pc, but they don't exist. what can i do to solve? I wouldn't want to lose more than 70 hours of play
    I have already tried the solution mentioned above, but on my pc the folder C: \ Users \ YOURNAMEHERE \ AppData \ LocalLow \ Unknown Worlds \ Subnautica_ Below Zero \ SubnauticaZero \ SavedGames' does not exist
    virtualdon wrote: »
    @Desther, we've found a work around.

Copy your old game 'slotXXXX' folders from 'C:\Program Files\Epic Games\SubnauticaBelowZero\SNAppData\SavedGames' to 'C:\Users\YOURNAMEHERE\AppData\LocalLow\Unknown Worlds\Subnautica_ Below Zero\SubnauticaZero\SavedGames' and that should resolve the issue.

x329jpe6m84n.jpg
    EdenFoxe wrote: »
    I'm having the same issue as Desther- save disappeared from the load menu. The solution offered above won't work for me because I don't have the same pathways on my machine. If anyone can help I will be eternally grateful.

oyt8rjzyoeay.jpg
    Desther wrote: »

roogr5pfdfpw.jpg
    solved with the method described above! Luckily
  • CriticallyMassiveCriticallyMassive USA Join Date: 2018-12-20 Member: 246431Members
    I have a similar problem: my saved game is lost. But that's fine. I don't mind starting over, I've done it before. My problem is that when I start a new file, as soon as I gain control of Robin, the whole thing freezes forever. It doesn't even crash, it's like it's in a loop. I'm on a Mac, not Windows, if that makes a difference.
  • matmax1983matmax1983 Join Date: 2020-02-24 Member: 258242Members
    Do you know if by playing the story as it is now will I heavily spoil the new story?
  • kermit831kermit831 Join Date: 2020-02-24 Member: 258245Members
    I started a new game after the update and these are my experiences:
    1. battery life is dramatically reduced.
    2. There are no prompts to advance the story at all after the prompt to go to the twisty caverns.
    3. Instead of a prompt, and arriving in a drop pod, I stumbled upon a location that had the building tool.
    4. I went to the island on my own because I wasn't getting prompts and when I got there I got an announcement that I had new location information. At that point my HUD showed the location of the comms tower.
    5. I travelled through 8 bottles of water and 4 batteries around the area between the comms tower and my home base and never found the seatruck.
    6. I gave up and used the seaglide and two ultra tanks (120s) to explore the two shipwrecks. I was successful on the first but the second I ran out of water and had to return.

If the objective was to make this harder than before, GG.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited February 2020
    Playing in SURVIVAL Mode:

I have found and built the Seatruck Fabrication Module, but when I go in to use the Fabricator the menu options for the Seatruck modules are not there at the bottom of the list.
    The list ends with the DEPLOYABLES Icon.

Started a new game two days ago, haven't had any problems up to this point.
    Now I can't go any further because I can't make the necessary add-on modules for the seatruck.
    Sent a BUG report.

Any suggestions?

BTW: Thank you for adding a Storage Compartment in the Fabrication Module.

Could You please just give a heads-up if You have purposely taken the Sea-Truck Upgrade Menu out of the game with the February update?

Just so I don't waste a lot of time trying to figure out if it is something on my end.
  • Mr_WeeslyMr_Weesly Join Date: 2020-02-27 Member: 258325Members
    edited February 2020
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    ... I have found and built the Seatruck Fabrication Module, but when I go in to use the Fabricator the menu options for the Seatruck modules are not there at the bottom of the list.
    The list ends with the DEPLOYABLES Icon. ...

Are you sure you have blueprints? Check your tablet to see if you have blueprints for the Seatruck.

If not: The depth module comes via story, the other modules you have to find first.
  • MishelloMishello Join Date: 2020-02-28 Member: 258366Members
    I loose only storyline all my buildings are on their places. but no more Alan with me. i can't evean take him back. if support will continue ignoring me i'll request money back and playing on pirate version ( i think it was more stable that this what i have now)
    edited March 2020
    Mr_Weesly wrote: »
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    ... I have found and built the Seatruck Fabrication Module, but when I go in to use the Fabricator the menu options for the Seatruck modules are not there at the bottom of the list.
    The list ends with the DEPLOYABLES Icon. ...

Are you sure you have blueprints? Check your tablet to see if you have blueprints for the Seatruck.

If not: The depth module comes via story, the other modules you have to find first.

Yep, have both the Seatruck and the Fabrication Module Carriage Blueprints.
    Both are functional.
    I just don't see the Icon for the Seatruck Upgrades at the bottom of the Fabricator list in the Fabrication Module.

So, if I'm understanding right, I have to actually find a Depth Upgrade Mk-1 somewhere in the game, or acquire the Vehicle Upgrade Console in order to be able to create one .

Just building the Fabricator Module Carriage doesn't automatically give you the blueprint anymore.

OK, that's a big change from previous versions, thank you.
  • SheogorathSheogorath Join Date: 2020-03-01 Member: 258420Members
    Will the Ice Dragon be back someday? Sorry for the spam, and thank you for this awesome update.
    edited March 2020
    OK ... I figured it out.
    Thank you for pointing me in the correct direction.
    At this point, you have to fix the Transmission Tower in order to get the INFO-dump which heads you towards obtaining the first Depth Module.

I missed the clues that indicated that was necessary.
    (also forgot about that from my last play-through last Nov.)
    Thanks again.
  • GalwitzGalwitz Join Date: 2020-03-02 Member: 258440Members
    Anyone experiencing severe performance downgrade on MacOS? I am running 2014 MacBook Pro with Mojave (10.14) and all was fine until this upgrade. Now the game choppy in such extent is no longer playable. Even the low details and low screen resolution is pretty bad.
  • volordvolord Israel Join Date: 2020-03-03 Member: 258459Members
    edited March 2020
    Hi, i have game from Epic Games. My game does not update, although all auto-updates settings are enabled. My last version is 24222 but i already saw on YouTube version 24592. Please help me with this problem.
    system Windows 10 x64
  • Aj_wizzAj_wizz Join Date: 2020-03-08 Member: 258589Members
    i've been able to run the game just fine on my mac until the lost ship update. now if i actually manage to get it running, it freezes after the opening when robin gets out of bed to grab her pda. the entire game freezes and its difficult to get out. i really want to play the update, but can't because of these bugs.