Ideas For Subnautica Below Zero

Comments

• cld9100cld9100 california Join Date: 2019-12-11 Member: 256291Members
    1. Please, please, please just add one deadly leviathan that roams the map and sometimes invades "safe" areas! The original game loses so much of its fear factor when you figure out where the reapers are, generally, and it gets even less scary when you realize you never need to venture into those areas.

2. Make leviathans attack bases. Make them follow you to the surface if you run there. They should never stop being threats (...until you build optional endgame items like the stasis rifle, which would actually feel useful if leviathans weren't so easy to avoid/cheese).

3. Also, it'd be nice to have some smaller predators that are actually dangerous (maybe make them slow so they don't prevent exploration, but give them OHKO capability?). I feel like a Bone Shark-sized predator should kill me if it catches me outside a vehicle.

If all this is too much added difficulty for newcomers, just give us difficulty sliders. I want to be afraid of the deep again!
  • TRDundraTRDundra Join Date: 2019-12-09 Member: 256259Members
    edited December 2019
    An easter egg base that represents Unknown Worlds that is either hard to get to or you have to discover a weird method to get to it. Maybe have portraits of the developers and their pets, PDA's with fun facts on the development of the game, or a gif of a dancing gorge from NS2.

In-game fictional holidays that happen throughout the year that reward cosmetic items like a stuffed gorge wearing a Santa hat.

I like the gorge, they are cute. Not cuddlefish cute, but still cute. Especially their belly slide. :)
  • AQWERAQWER Russian Federation Join Date: 2019-12-05 Member: 256165Members
    Random crafting of materials from the wreckage.
  • megsmegs FR Join Date: 2019-02-02 Member: 250119Members
    edited December 2019
    BELOW ZERO:

I had the leisure to note that the absence of planting makes the game more complicated but not impossible and makes the game very interesting. It must therefore be an element of secondary quest to discover outside the path of history and close to that of the survivors. It would also be possible that food plantations are not possible in difficult mode except to supply the biogenerator. (provided that they are dev one day)

- It would be much more practical to have a blueprint lost somewhere that offers the modular possibility of using an orb camera from the truck with a range of 150m

- Within the crop module of the truck, having a miniature biogenerator would not be bad to recharge the truck in an emergency, but also, the possibility of placing a charger of 1 small battery in the construction module would be welcome.

- In this way all usefull supplement could be an upgrade for eatch wagon modules. it should be usefull to had an upgrade emplacement for eatch wagon module. and keeping general uprages for truck header.

- Rather than offering a ridiculous storage capacity in the truck, being able to place 4 small placeable cabinets in addition to two low chests in the storage module would be really better. Or simply add an internal module upgrade for this storage wagon that doiuble capacity in prefabs.

- The script which launches into the icy cliffs and kills you via an ice worm with no possible escape routes is ... bizarre as an experience in the game.

- I am hopeful that the cubic design of today's shipwrecks is only temporary. if not frankly it swears with the work provided for immersion, and especially with the style of the aurora. please, your game is great, take the time but finish it as it should. there it smells like an emergency draft.
  • moodysmoodys Join Date: 2019-12-06 Member: 256188Members
    I think it would be nice to add for laser cutter option to add ice cutting for a fresh water.
    And maybe a flare gun to illuminate dark places and lure leviathan for a while away from your position.
  • FirebreafFirebreaf Join Date: 2019-12-23 Member: 256675Members
    Really wish we still had the Cyclops. Hard to see what I'm doing in the Seatruck. Feels the same as the Seamoth but slower and more awkward.
  • T0NKAT0NKA Join Date: 2020-01-17 Member: 257242Members
    Does anyone else find the game to be a bit top heavy in the food chain? I feel like there is too much predatory congestion and its actually just annoying. Instead of meticulously picking my path and making attempt to avoid roars and predators I just leroy jenkins through the mobs because they are just annoying. Instead of focusing on exploring with the fear of looking over my shoulder as I am being stalked from time to time, I'm literally just running through mobs of dog paddling alligators and squid sharks..

The predators and the roars are so common place that the game has lost the horror aspect about it, that enhanced the immersion of the predecessor as a survival game.
  • SSukeSSuke USA Join Date: 2019-07-30 Member: 254013Members
    Glass base compartments . Why arent they in the game I love building my base out of them in Subnautica . just seams like a weird decision since all they big base modules can have glass ceilings now . And PLEASE! I am begging you bring back the original Robin voice actor the new one is awful .

Yes, it does seem very odd that the glass base components have been left out and are only accessible via console. I hope they make it to the final version.
  • Cuddles418Cuddles418 Join Date: 2020-01-29 Member: 257490Members
    Hey, just a simple QOL change that I thought would be minor but also nice if its brought in.

Cloud Save Capability: It would be nice to have this because i find myself not always able to play at home on my PC, but i do have Steam in places like Work, or my laptop, it would be nice if my Save file was kept on the Steam (or whatever Third party HUB) Cloud and that i could access my save from my other devices instead of having 2-3 separate saves.

If this is already in the pipeline, thats GREAT! but if its not, I would strongly consider this simply for ease of access for people.

Thanks for your time, Love the progress so far
  • HerobrinesbestminionHerobrinesbestminion Join Date: 2019-12-07 Member: 256209Members
    1. more stuff with the spoiler people like badass joining you for the end of the game, together with smartbrain (hey, great spoilername :D ) and whatever the new story will be, Alterra will get their greedy butt kicked......
    2. the return of the dude from the first game... (he probetly is dead because Alterra never makes jokes....)
    3. fix the weather I can't see every 2 steps on land.... it's okay but not so often....
    4. better directions (I think I'm not the only one getting lost XD)
    5. more stuff to do so you don't make 3 worlds in a row because you get bored
    6. and maybe a subnautica update that brings fitting stuff from BZ like big rooms and the seatruck....
  • alex_lkalex_lk Join Date: 2020-01-27 Member: 257444Members
    It will be interesting to see creatures attacking user bases and potentially destroying them.
  • GramajohnPS4GramajohnPS4 Join Date: 2020-02-03 Member: 257603Members
    My imagination has big plans for the SUBNAUTICA universe. I really love the gardening and crafting aspects.

I'll start a seperate post about things I'd like to see in SUBNAUTICA later, because I can get a bit wordy and I want to keep all the ideas in one easy to find place.

But for now I'll say that I can see SUBNAUTICA as a big open world MMO full of scientific things to tinker with. From Waterphones to call creatures, to essential oil distillers, to lab assistants, to advanced horticulture. The whole MMO world thing.

Alright, I've got a Marblemelon I'm trying to grow to a behemoth size, So I'll check back later when I can start my own thread.

Good to meet y'all.
    Gramajohn
  • GhostiiqueGhostiique Texas, USA Join Date: 2020-02-05 Member: 257639Members
    edited February 2020
    This is a lore idea: I dunno if anyone has any thoughts similar to this but every damn time I see the twisty bridges I think: Sea Emperor. The twisty bridges could be a petrified sea emperor corpse or something. Wouldn't that be awesome?

Edit: Just elaborating more below

The twisty bridges look like the sea emperor's tentacles and stuff right? How they glow and everything. It's so pretty and now I'm just gushing. But! The idea is plausible.
  • CurthbertCurthbert Czech Republic Join Date: 2020-02-08 Member: 257704Members
    edited February 2020
    I would love to see some environment which changes with time. Make the game little bit less static.

Maybe some area which would get flooded and then get dried again so if we build a base there we will have our base sometimes under the water and sometimes not.

Or maybe some kind of plant which is increasing it's size and changing the enviroment dynamically

Algae which is growing on the outer walls of our base and slowly hiding the base we could cut it with some tool to make the base look like new again. I've never seen the environmental mechanic like this before in any game.

Subnautica is about the water and sea and having some kind of natural progress would be very cool.

It would also bring something very exciting into the game
  • Jkouris001Jkouris001 Join Date: 2020-02-09 Member: 257730Members
    A map! It would make everything so much more fluid in progression, and I wouldn't have to rely on switching back and forth between a map on google, and the coordinates like in the original.
  • RevSpaceJamRevSpaceJam Join Date: 2020-02-10 Member: 257749Members
    The Sea Truck needs to go, or be totally reworked. As it stands, this vehicle is totally useless and adds nothing but frustration. By the time you add enough compartments to make it even half as functional as the Cyclops, it becomes slower than swimming without seaglide or flippers and impossible to maneuver anywhere but open ocean.

The speed/agility nerf made me stop using it completely (now I only travel by seaglide and cheat the oxygen to reach deeper areas), and made unnecessary but interesting compartments such as the aquarium something that I never even tried to build because they could never be a permanent fixture.

The tiny amount of storage that the storage compartment has means it's better to just build storage rooms all over the map. At least in the cyclops I was able to fill an entire room with giant lockers and basically use it as a mobile base. All I have on my sea truck is the storage module, fabricator module, and docking module, and it's already slower than swimming. I tried adding a second storage module, but I could barely get it to move at all. I also had to ditch the sleeper module even though I loved how cozy it felt in that icy world.

Basically, I'm sad that something so conceptually customizable actually took away from the level of customization we had with the Cyclops and also resulted in a virtually unusable vehicle with features that will never be used because they cause too big hit on speed/agility.
  • BillyBuddyBillyBuddy Join Date: 2020-02-11 Member: 257794Members
    The game needs more accessibility options for deaf or hard of hearing players.

Specifically, certain animals like the Sea Monkeys and Crash Fish give off distinct audio cues that help you hear them coming. Deaf or hard of hearing people will miss these cues and be at a significant disadvantage because of it. These could be fixed by adding subtitles for creature noises, or adding some sort of visual cue to accompany them.

Also, I've noticed that not all dialog has subtitles, certain automated messages form ships or habitats don't have subtitles, not a big thing, but if a game has subtitles they should have subtitles for everything.
  • AK_Big_BearAK_Big_Bear Join Date: 2020-02-12 Member: 257831Members
    Can't wait for this new story update. By chance is there an estimation for the next update's release? and i really hope you keep the new vehicles in the game but also make the seamoth and cyclops available to find and build. this would put a HUGE and AMAZING diversity of choices in the game and give the players more things to do. Also, will this game be able to go as "deep" into the planet as the original with. biomes on top of each other? That would create a great contrast in the environment from the surface and make very exciting experiences for all players on where they explore and where the story takes them. Keep up the great work and thanks for all you do.
    I would like to see some more stuff on islands! Maybe some lakes/sinkholes too? Having the contrasting land and sea exploration has been really interesting in this game, it would be fun to have one or two more small islands, maybe with some extra marguerit storyline, or something like the missing support pods from the first game? Maybe even another survivor... I know this may be too ambitious as far as chunk loading goes but also an iceberg with an alien room that actually floats around the whole open ocean map so it doesn't stay in the same location would really be neat.
    T0NKA wrote: »
    Does anyone else find the game to be a bit top heavy in the food chain? I feel like there is too much predatory congestion and its actually just annoying. Instead of meticulously picking my path and making attempt to avoid roars and predators I just leroy jenkins through the mobs because they are just annoying. Instead of focusing on exploring with the fear of looking over my shoulder as I am being stalked from time to time, I'm literally just running through mobs of dog paddling alligators and squid sharks..

The predators and the roars are so common place that the game has lost the horror aspect about it, that enhanced the immersion of the predecessor as a survival game.

I completely agree with this!! I have avoided exploration in the habitats with the gators and squids completely except for what's necessary for progression and it totally defeats the purpose of wanting to explore. It's just too darn frustrating when I know ahead of time that I'm either gonna die or need to keep darting in and out, and it's noisy and irritating rather than eerie and suspenseful. Actually makes me miss the sand sharks.
  • ArakanArakan Join Date: 2020-02-15 Member: 257901Members
    edited February 2020
    I DEFINITELY think the perspective issue needs to be fixed. It's probably the biggest problem. It was mentioned here, and still exists, which is sad. The view should be just as intimidating and impressive as it was made to be. The creatures are massive but don't appear as big as they should. It ruins the game, honestly. I'm not certain what would help, but I believe that the " camera " isn't really able to be tweaked in terms of size, so I assume a solution could be scaling everything up, including the player model. I just see this as the biggest problem, and it would make the game a million times better if it was fixed.
  • cyberwill01cyberwill01 Join Date: 2020-02-15 Member: 257922Members
    edited February 2020
    TO get inside the Vesper at some point in the story. It would be really awesome!
    Just imagine after the disaster that damaged the station you go in to help others repair it
    to prevent it from exploding, try to imagine it and I'm sure you'll agree with me
  • fuzzytakufuzzytaku florida Join Date: 2020-02-15 Member: 257925Members
    A side-plot idea for Below Zero: The Intergalactic Band

- There is a band who travels many different solar systems in search of inspiration for their music.
    - They decided to visit 4546B but ended up crash landing there.
    - Once they got settled in to their new surroundings, they began to make music again.
    - This could be a great way of adding lots of unique music tracks for the player to discover and play on their jukebox.
    - The player will naturally stumble upon their bases and camps where you will find their equipment and the music they produced alongside PDAs detailing what happened to the band.
    - The music could also have the band singing about their experiences while stranded on the planet.
  • lordpuglordpug UK Join Date: 2019-03-10 Member: 251655Members
    Firebreaf wrote: »
    Really wish we still had the Cyclops. Hard to see what I'm doing in the Seatruck. Feels the same as the Seamoth but slower and more awkward.

how about we have a smaller version of the cyclops that's more compact. I'm still drawing it but a key feature is that it can decrease its size by pushing the vehicle inwards, however, while it is in that form you won't be able to get in the main room of the submarine. A bit like the triple-decker bus in harry potter. z9pek6jo20zr.png
    a cool feature would be to have a moudle that is a sensor and when it is about to hit something it goese into the compact form.
    ok i know this will get a lot of hate but i think that the lighting could be more viabrant in lighting. i mean dont get mewrong but subnautica has good lighting effect it just needs more colours. imagine pink skys and the ice reflecting of it. that wold be a HUGE improvent.x7n5y6r6hsbq.png

northen lights would be another good idea

lordpug wrote: »
    Firebreaf wrote: »

how about we have a smaller version of the cyclops that's more compact. I'm still drawing it but a key feature is that it can decrease its size by pushing the vehicle inwards, however, while it is in that form you won't be able to get in the main room of the submarine. A bit like the triple-decker bus in harry potter. z9pek6jo20zr.png
    a cool feature would be to have a moudle that is a sensor and when it is about to hit something it goese into the compact form.

u14ful1m3dwf.png
    i might look somthing like this but it is around 30% the size of the cyclops
    or slightly smaller or bigger than a glow whale
    TO get inside the Vesper at some point in the story. It would be really awesome!
    Just imagine after the disaster that damaged the station you go in to help others repair it
    to prevent it from exploding, try to imagine it and I'm sure you'll agree with me

that can also work because the planets quarantine system could bug or reactivate[ due to the experiment we have beeen counducting on the kahra] so it hits the vesper but you manage to stop it from doing critical damage. and tthen get sent to help.
    lordpug wrote: »
    eslsv4ild01n.png
    here is another vehicle I have designed and also thought of ideas for. it is called 'The Manta Ray '

at first, I thought this was a good submarine but then I came to realize it was to damn big. so instead it could be a small flying vehicle and I know what your thinking ''but cant you just fly out of the map?'' the answer is zero sector. the AI would turn your aircraft around to keep you inside of the monitored zone. if you run out of battery in the air, your Manta Ray could float or go about 30m under water.
  • chefteryakichefteryaki Join Date: 2020-02-17 Member: 257984Members
    maybe being able to put multiple alien containments next to each other in the large room to connect into one massive aquarium so you can have custom placing for fauna, room to raise large leviathan creatures. but when you put other creatures in, it maintains the scale unless they are too small to see in comparison. like you can raise a larger sized reefback, sea dragons and even a sea emperor to have a full ecosystem in mayne even stacked large rooms. you can also customize the lighting in the room or aquarium to fit biomes of species in the tank.