Sync error 0x83860012

13»

Comments

• narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    The only dev I've seen in this thread is Madsauce, back in March. The post asks all that have the issue hit "agree" on the post so they have some idea how many have the issue. Last I knew, he's still been working on bugfixing.
  • EverReddyEverReddy UK Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217355Members
    I tried re-installing Subnautica again last week as I really fancy getting back into it, but I'm still getting the same sync issue. Is there any likelihood of this getting resolved as I've been playing since early access and come close to finishing several times, but I've always been stopped by issues with my saves. I don't mind starting from scratch again as it's a great game, but only once I know my saves will be okay.
  • KalimKalim Join Date: 2020-02-10 Member: 257744Members
    I'm currently having the same issue after just moving my xbox one x into a different place in the house, i've attempted everything from clearing my local files to doing a power cycle to doing a soft reset, and nothing seems to work
    narfblat wrote: »
    The only dev I've seen in this thread is Madsauce, back in March. The post asks all that have the issue hit "agree" on the post so they have some idea how many have the issue. Last I knew, he's still been working on bugfixing.

Yeah, I had a DM from him in April saying he was looking into it, but not heard anything since. Would be nice to get some kind of update given the the severity of the issue for those that have it and the fact that it's been 10 months since then.
  • zazufazuzazufazu Florida Join Date: 2020-02-23 Member: 258221Members
    the game crashed And straight up deleted my gams, tried to sync it back but haven’t had any luck. I’m very upset about this because i had about 100+ hours on the game.
    zazufazu wrote: »
    the game crashed And straight up deleted my gams, tried to sync it back but haven’t had any luck. I’m very upset about this because i had about 100+ hours on the game.

I was really hopeful of there being a fix when @madsauce messaged me last April to say he was going to work with Microsoft to resolve the issue, but it's disappointing that it's now been 10 months without even an update. :/

I'd love to get back into the game and keep checking here to see if there's any news, but until the issue is fixed there's very little point. :(
  • Ape21Ape21 India Join Date: 2020-01-17 Member: 257228Members
    Syncing can be painful sometimes. Maybe it is due to the load on the servers. I fully powered off the Xbox and rebooted. If it doesn't work that way. Give it a rest then try few hours later.
  • GuddlefishGuddlefish Join Date: 2019-12-01 Member: 256060Members
    Still no update for the Savebug....
  • davec69davec69 United States Join Date: 2018-03-27 Member: 239552Members
    Nothing.

Nothing
    Guddlefish wrote: »
    Still no update for the Savebug....

• hardrider2k2hardrider2k2 Join Date: 2020-04-21 Member: 260261Members
    Have we gotten anywhere with this? I am getting the exact same error on my save that I'm over 200 hours deep on... I did absolutely nothing as far as changing xbox or hardware. I've tried every fix imaginable. HELP!
    Checked the latest update May-2020 65011. Really hoping for a fix, but nothing. Same 0x83860012 error. Still can’t load my original save file, since upgrading from XB1S TO XB1X.
  • Simi_SlakkinenSimi_Slakkinen Join Date: 2019-12-08 Member: 256236Members
    Same, add your voice to the update on the home page. This bug has gone on far too long, all this update has seemingly done is add new problems. I'm not playing the game at all right now (and haven't since I replaced my console 6 months ago), I really want to get back into it but the bugs are too severe. Hope we don't have to wait another year for the next update to fix this.
  • ballitoballito Panama Join Date: 2020-05-19 Member: 261162Members
    I have been playing this game since March last two nights ago the counter said I was closing in to 5 days. I was starting to build the Neptune and last night I got the local safe error and then the sync error this is really sad and frustrating to have invested so much time. This game is reallly amazing and a real work of art, but that’s it for me if this issue is not solved I have to say goodbye and never comeback it’s amazing but I’m not doing all that again.
    It’s has recently been updated and it just got messed up for me after playing for three month. It even almost cost me my relationship and now can’t even continue my gameplay

Same, add your voice to the update on the home page. This bug has gone on far too long, all this update has seemingly done is add new problems. I'm not playing the game at all right now (and haven't since I replaced my console 6 months ago), I really want to get back into it but the bugs are too severe. Hope we don't have to wait another year for the next update to fix this.

Subscribe to Game Pass just for this game, oh well I try no mans sky, maybe have better luck with it.
    I did the same, and ended up buying the full game. Still can't load my saved file though. I have countless hours in that save. Darn shame.

ballito wrote: »
    Subscribe to Game Pass just for this game, oh well I try no mans sky, maybe have better luck with it.

• JaooGamerBRJaooGamerBR Los Angeles Join Date: 2020-06-19 Member: 261960Members
    edited June 2020
    Hello I'm having the same issue.I purchased the game and immediately put a ton of time into it (I loved it), but I'm really not interested in starting over at this auto clicker point and especially don't want to start a new one if I don't have full confidence in the save feature moving forward (would suck to lose it again).
    Obviously would love to resolve the issue and resume playing what I was fully enjoying, but kind of feel like I didn't get $30 worth of product if not, does that make sense?
  • HowardEHowardE Tampa Join Date: 2020-08-04 Member: 263008Members
    Thank you for the information everyone. I'm new here and needed it
  • aholmyaholmy Join Date: 2020-08-18 Member: 263356Members
    Played subnautica for the last 6 months through the pandemic and I upgraded from an og Xbox one last month to an X and I've tried literally everything to get my could save to sync. 120 hours gone ? Pretty ridiculous how long this has dragged on too!!
    Sorry to hear. But for what it's worth, welcome to our sad club. Unfortunately, the outlook appears no better today, than it did this time last year. Looks like our group may be just small enough that it does not warrant a response from the devs.

Maybe after the release of the new Xbox Series X consoles, our ranks will grow large enough to warrant a response. One can only hope.

aholmy wrote: »
    Played subnautica for the last 6 months through the pandemic and I upgraded from an og Xbox one last month to an X and I've tried literally everything to get my could save to sync. 120 hours gone ? Pretty ridiculous how long this has dragged on too!!

• Justice67Justice67 United states Join Date: 2020-09-02 Member: 263744Members
    Wow this is utterly and completely depressing. For a few months I walked away from Subnautica on my Xbox One S and now suddenly I cant get my save to load to save my life. And I came into this forum and others looking for a fix, thinking theres no way this games saves have been unplayable for this many of us for this long. Yet sadly here I am reading months of comments with no fix In sight. I wish you all luck as it may seem, as some one said above, we do warrant a viable cause to get a response. Which really puts a damper of distrust on the game and devs when you've built so much and played so long.
  • Justice67Justice67 United states Join Date: 2020-09-02 Member: 263744Members
    Also yes I have tried everything In this forum and others, to try and get my save to load.
  • djpjdjpj Ireland Join Date: 2020-10-28 Member: 265025Members
    I'm having this problem now too. I wanted to continue my survival save (30+ hours) and I can't sync the data. I've tried resetting my console, re installing the game. Everything that was mentioned in this thread already. Please tell me they're working on a fix!
  • cpt_canuckcpt_canuck Join Date: 2020-11-13 Member: 265443Members
    This problem still exists when trying to sync to a new Xbox Series X. I was looking forward to seeing what the Series X could do to these 5+ minute load times, but I guess not.
  • joebl0w13joebl0w13 Join Date: 2020-11-17 Member: 265496Members
    Yup. Wanted to see what this game looks like on the Series X. Can't sync, can't play.
  • aridneptunearidneptune Raleigh, NC Join Date: 2020-11-20 Member: 265574Members
    I literally just wiped my XB1X to sell it this morning, since I got a Series X. Can’t load, can’t play. Save file gone. So sad :-(. Oh well, at least I had beaten the “main” part of the game.

No updates on any fix, I assume?
  • AlirezaAlireza Join Date: 2021-01-04 Member: 266584Members
    I just tried to finally being able to enjoy fast loadings and rendering on the my new xbox series x and I got this error.
    Welcome, sadly. Unfortunately you probably will not find answers here. Many of us have been waiting years for a fix. Most likely, it will never happen.
    Alireza wrote: »
    I just tried to finally being able to enjoy fast loadings and rendering on the my new xbox series x and I got this error.

• CyricfirehandsCyricfirehands Join Date: 2021-01-06 Member: 266650Members
    Hello
    Same situation down here. I got the new xbox serie X, and tranferred my games from my old xbox one, tried to launch Subnautica ans got this sync error.
    I understood that it's a dead end as no one have successfully solved this, but I really need to complain about it.

Cheers
  • icemangamingicemangaming Join Date: 2021-01-31 Member: 267351Members
    For everyone who’s still experiencing this issue, the devs need our help! Please join us in the Discord xbox channel and DM Donya @virtualdon to volunteer to do some testing. They’re having a really hard time reproducing this issue.