Is SUBNAUTICA Broken?

RitaMarinerRitaMariner Missouri Join Date: 2018-12-21 Member: 246577Members
I have played this game now, in excess of 6500 hours, I have enjoyed it, but ever since the update it has issues. The latest one is SERIOUS! I have totally lost 5 games now (Save, Quit, Reload will not Salvage game), when I hit the Thermal Plant. My PRAWN Suit fails to function and I end up DEAD and back at Lifepod, not even my base. I wonder if anyone else has run into this problem? Unknown Worlds needs to fix this. I haven't been unable to complete my games. Not happy!

Comments

• MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members
    edited January 2020
    I hope that was a typo and instead you meant 650 hours.

Edit:
    Post this in the bug reporting section, it might be a serious bug.
  • TrillyTrilly Join Date: 2020-01-07 Member: 257020Members
    That is my issue as well. Outside or inside Thermal plant in ILZ and prawn suit stalls, falls thru world over and over, I die, lose everything from inventory I just gathered or found inside. Second time today I am now outside thermal plant on the walls, prawn suit appears to be inside a wall, I can't swim or move up at all and oxygen does not deplete. Can't continue. Someone needs to really fix this!
  • Puca05Puca05 Join Date: 2020-01-07 Member: 257024Members
    edited January 2020
    hfb3d9hkzx9a.png
    Im playing the game for couple of hours and I have trouble with mobile yard. It doesn't work. Just floats on the surface.Im playing on the MacBook. Thank for your help
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    @Puca05 did you equip the mobile yard and deploy below the surface?

For the Prawn suit issues, make sure to send an F8 report.
  • InfurnalWraithInfurnalWraith USA Join Date: 2020-01-29 Member: 257492Members
    VERY
    I have played this game now, in excess of 6500 hours, I have enjoyed it, but ever since the update it has issues. The latest one is SERIOUS! I have totally lost 5 games now (Save, Quit, Reload will not Salvage game), when I hit the Thermal Plant. My PRAWN Suit fails to function and I end up DEAD and back at Lifepod, not even my base. I wonder if anyone else has run into this problem? Unknown Worlds needs to fix this. I haven't been unable to complete my games. Not happy!

Yep! Just had that happen to me. Was in the Thermal Plant in my prawn suit when a warper tried to port me out of it. All that happened was I and the prawn suit BOTH got stuck in the out of water glitch. There is NO path out from the very bottom. I tried for several hours to try and figure a way to get out of the pit at the bottom and couldn't. So I did the only thing left to me... die. When I eventually respawned it was back in the starting life pod.... Everything I had was down below 1000M so i have to basically restart the entire game.... I had about 130 hours on that save....

I LOVE this game... but I HATE how broken it is. There are SOOO many flaws and bugs that have never been fixed. But the concept and graphics are beautiful.... Why can't these bugs be worked out? What happened to the games and developers of old for say NES, SNES and the like. The game HAD to be right cause there was no do over's or updates or hot fixes.
  • YolanYolan Perth Join Date: 2016-04-16 Member: 215836Members
    Just had my game get locked from prawn bugging out on me. Even console teleport / kill wont fix it. ;-(
  • SilverbackRonSilverbackRon Portland, OR USA Join Date: 2020-02-03 Member: 257592Members
    edited February 2020
    VERY

Yep! Just had that happen to me. Was in the Thermal Plant in my prawn suit when a warper tried to port me out of it. All that happened was I and the prawn suit BOTH got stuck in the out of water glitch. There is NO path out from the very bottom. I tried for several hours to try and figure a way to get out of the pit at the bottom and couldn't. So I did the only thing left to me... die. When I eventually respawned it was back in the starting life pod.... Everything I had was down below 1000M so i have to basically restart the entire game.... I had about 130 hours on that save....

I LOVE this game... but I HATE how broken it is. There are SOOO many flaws and bugs that have never been fixed. But the concept and graphics are beautiful.... Why can't these bugs be worked out? What happened to the games and developers of old for say NES, SNES and the like. The game HAD to be right cause there was no do over's or updates or hot fixes.

This exact thing. I finally made it to the Themal Plant, parked my Prawn suit on the roof and jumped out to swim around searching for the entrance. Got attacked by a Warper and I was trying to nail him with my Statis rifle when he flung me with a warp. Then I fell like I was on dry land. I landed at the bottom of the cavern with nowhere to go. Oxygen wasn't a problem and the lava didn't bother me (I walked through the boiling pits of lava and even stood under a lavafall).

I had no way to get back up to my Prawn suit which was still on the roof and no way to leave the chamber. I tried to exit & re-load but was still walking around the bottom of the same chamber. I eventually died by fall damage trying to scale the walls and woke up in Lifepod 5 (which I hadn't been to in ages). I fabricated a seaglide, made it to my better stocked base and I guess my plan is to build a new Prawn suit with all the freakin' upgrades and walk my butt back down there.

Honestly, up until that point I was LOVING this game! So much fun! But that bug was a MAJOR buzzkill for me. This is going to take time farming for materials and then trying this again. And I don't even know if it won't just repeat the same issue.

Other than that.... Hi everybody! I am SilverbackRon, that is also my name on Steam. See you around!

(edited for punctuation and a repeated sentence)
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    Guys, is this happening on PC, Xbox, or PS4? As per the pinned post, if you want to report a bug you need to include the platform as well as the version #.
  • SilverbackRonSilverbackRon Portland, OR USA Join Date: 2020-02-03 Member: 257592Members
    Guys, is this happening on PC, Xbox, or PS4? As per the pinned post, if you want to report a bug you need to include the platform as well as the version #.

Sorry, I mentioned that I was on Steam so I thought that would be enough. I am on PC. I don't know what version# I am on, just whatever is the current one on Steam for PC.

I honestly have to step away from Subnautica for a bit and play some of my older games as I really don't want to put in all the work to get back to where I was, only to have the problem repeat. Hopefully a patch will come in and my Steam account will have me download and update and I will give it another try. I would very much like to finish this game.
  • HenrypenryHenrypenry UK Join Date: 2020-11-16 Member: 265492Members
    Decided to help my daughter with a new game on ps4, as I had already finished mine in 2019. I had a couple of minor issues/bugs during my game, including prawn suit getting stuck in alien island facility roof during a walk around!. This reqd. building a new prawn suit in order to finish the game! Also water level showing inside Cyclops Submarine whilst docked at alien facility. Fish swimming around inside my base, and save failures. I also became stuck between multiple renders during a trip to the Aurora. All of these issues have been dealt with by doing a re-boot. Initially I thought that it might be a Ps4 ram issue, as it was frequently working hard with cooling fan running flat out!

This year following a huge Subnautica update/download, the game has suffered multiple problems/bugs, which I have reported frequently. The final major issue has been frequent on screen save failures, (batch file errors) and finally.....the prawn suit has become stuck, with it unable to walk whilst standing on alien type flooring. (Alien facility outside, and thermal caves inside.). Because of this a reboot was required that placed the suit into an uncontrollable decent into un-watered caves. This is a frequently reported issue/bug since the update, so it looks as if it is responsible. The prawn suit is currently @ 1200 meters below the sea base in an unknown cave area!. Going to try and find it, but will obviously have to build a new prawn with upgrades before I can try! ?☹️